Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me with threshold and modifiers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Here's my problem: I've got a group of runners in the arcology. STill 2060 in game, but using the 4th edition rules. They have an idea on how to escape. They're going to the 4th story, blowing some floor to ceiling windows, and driving down on motorcycles to the I-5 on ramp. They already have a plan to blow up the mines before they get there, so their landing is going to have arough landing.

But I have idea what to use for threshold or modifiers. I think max threshhold for extremely difficult is 4-5. I'm thinking modifier of something like -6 for going at an extreme angle very fast. It says to use the highest modifier only, but really I just pulled that number out of my butt. They need some sort of way to make the bikes point up again (instead of at a 45 degree angle), thinking perhaps a strong barrier to make a ramp.

Ideas for #'s please? Luckily everyone in the group has at least a 5 bike and high reaction and edge.
blakkie
Hmm, say something like Edge 5 + Pilot Ground 5 + Reaction 8 - 6 Sucide Stunt = 12 dice with exploding 6's. They have roughly a 40% chance of meeting a Threshhold 5. Ouchies, sounds like maybe a few 'runners aren't going to make it home tonight. But that actually sounds good in a, umm, in a cinematic way? If you use Edge on the roll can you also permanently burn a point of Edge for a hand of g-d too? Or would you have to save that for the damage soak roll? cyber.gif

I'd likely say best case is the bikes are taking a serious damage, even if they pull the stunt off. The Vehicle Test is just to see if they manage to hit the landing and direct the damage into the bikes instead of themselves.

They don't have any Spells for creative use? I don't think a ramp is needed to get their nose up. They could get their nose up before coming out by stunting a wheelie. Another Vehicle Test, but damn simple compared to the insane drop you are talking about. However they'd just need it to get some upwards motion to counter gravity if required for the distance they are covering, but they'll not want to over do that since the higher they go up the faster they are going down at the landing.
fistandantilus4.0
I figured they'd havea hard time pulling off a wheelie at a 45 degree angle, but they didn't really ask yet.

I was planning on dealing damage to the bikes, just wasn't sure how much. Normal falling damage?

Sadly, I'd had a NPC suggest that they go out through the water recyvling tubes that go out to the sound, and this idea as sort of a joke. Guess they decided to go with coolness factor. OK by me, hope they make it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012