Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chameleon Suit
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Akimbo
The book states that the chameleon suit is a full body suit. It doesn't state whether it is form fitting or not. We have a player who says he wears his under his clothes when not on a run and then takes off his clothes, wearing just the suit. Can someone clarify this to me? I don't know if he can do this.
Gambitt
I imagined it as form fitting. In fact i assumed it was form fitting, but dont have any rules facts to back this up.
PlatonicPimp
Depends on the model you pick up. I imagine it has the profile of the activewear jumpsuits.
Lebo77
I was thinking of it more like a large poncho, with drapeing sheets of stealth fabric. This way one could conceal a rifle under the cloak, and remain hidden until you bring it up to fireing position. I would imagine there would be diffrent models.
BlackHat
In SR 3 you could get just about anythign "Ruthineuim-ed" and I think this is the same basic technology with a different name, and less versitile application.

I'd say you could get the suit as eitehr a form-fitting-body-suit or as the draped poncho... the former being nice for concealing the suit itself, while the later is nice for concealing items while you're moving around. (if you're wearing an chameleoning FFBS, and holding a gun - the gun is not hidden at all).

As for the armor value - I don't see a poncho as providing that much armor... but since you could wear anything you wanted under the poncho, maybe it evens out. smile.gif
Akimbo
He considers himself the master of stealth with that thing. I hope our GM will slap him silly for having such a big head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012