Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first Run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
ShadowDragon8685
This was pretty awesome. When Shadowrun works right, it works right. Our DM was running Food Fight, the team is three runners on a late-night snack attack.

The team:
Skate, my wire-fu gal. (She IS a decker, but I took some advice I read on Dumpshock and used the million for other stuff, preferring to wait until I could steal a good cyberdeck.) Here's a picture of her.
Grog, the Sprawl Ganger premade from the SR3 rulebook.
Nhilith, elf female sammie without any wired reflexes.

Yes, that's right. Three on six. We may or may not be in for a whooping. Our story opens with three runners lamenting the lack of munchies. They all live in their own apartments, in the same apartment building. So they place calls to one another, and it is decided that we're going to get out of our building and roll all up in the Stuffer Shack's shizzle.

So, in full gear, but minus the heavy artiliary of the sammie's assault rifles - she has her laser-honed-edged katana and her pistol on her, and Skate is never without her Ares Predator - we roll up in the Stuffer shack. The troll goes to look for munchies, the 'delicate' sammie insists on trying to find something noncaffinated and potable, and Skate is looking for some soup-in-a-cup. (The 2060s version of Campbell's soup-in-a-can.) But more, she's also being mischievious. Out comes her radio scanner; filtering out all the expected city bands, nothing is found. Such a pity.

(Note, we are using a different map for the Food Fight. We had to use whatever was handy, and I found this image with a fast googling.)

So, here is our Stuffer Shack:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Sha...fershackmap.jpg

A is the arcade, with the loudmouthed brat singing along.
B is... I'm gonna say it's the soycaf counter, now in 72 flavors of reprocessed soybean.
C is the counter with the angelfaced elf girl. (My character considered hitting on her.)
D is the make-it-yourself drinks mixer.
E never came up, except as a landmark. I'll ask the DM what it was later.
F is the room behind the counter, which opens into the main area without a door, and has a door into the stock room. (This will be important later.)
G is the stock room. (That thing at the top is a loading dock.)
H is still the stock room. It came handy as a waypoint describing the action.

Okay. Once that was out of the way, Grog wound up putting his brew and his chips on top of an arcade machine and told the kid he had the next game. Nhil was vaporing about Aisle 6, in vain hope of something liquid, potable, and noncaffinated.
Skate was a little to the right of E, scoping for security cameras and trying to decide if she was mischevious enough to maglock passkey her way through the door into the stock room.

The DM calls for perception tests, and audio perception is called for. I have 11 dice (6 INT +5 cyberear,) and so I easily make the TN to see the ganger van pull up, and hear the racking of shotguns.

Okay. Bad Fragging News, right? So, I do the crazy. The lunatic. The kind of thing most Runners would never dream of doing.

I whip out my cell phone, panic-button the Star, and drop it. If they don't follow proceedure when they get an unanswered panic-call, they'll damned well get moving when they hear gunshots. Right? Right?? (Not bloody likely in this 'burg.)

By now, the gangers are moving in. Catcher starts his giggle raid speech, and I (since I have a bloody damned high initiative thanks to Wired 2) get to move again. Istealth my way towards the stock room door, maglock passkey out. Sn-KT! it slides open, and I slide out. Unfortunately, I'm seen by sword-boy (Slicer?) who asks permission to chase me down. He recieves it, and follows.

I, howevr, am an order of Neo faster than he is. I dash through the stockroom - there's a soyproducts van backed up to the loading dock, but there's room to get out. Being Asian, I (or rather, Skate,) don't have to suck in much to slip out. I'm ahead of Slicer, and opening the gap. So I jump up on the ladder, and scramble to the top of the building, intending to ambush him when he's on the ladder. (Yes, Virgina, I'm a damned dirty ladder-camper.)

Inside, Catch has swung around the counter, behind the elf girl, one hand fondling her breasts inside of her employee polo, the other sweeping the shotgun around. It's a good thing my character wasen't there to see that, because she would have flipped out. (In fact, she does, later.)

The kid (15 year old with an Ares Predator, I think he may be Spike?) scratches his head with his gun (Almost a pity he didn't have a negligent discharge,) and wanders over to loot the candy. The bitch-girl with the submachine gun is alternating between cooing at the fat boy, and quickdrawing her gun on him. (Real flowerlike personality, her. Specifically, a venus flytrap.)

Which brings us to Big Man Grog's initiative pass. The kid beside him is going "Are they Shadowrunners? They're too coool to not be Shadowrunners." (Hehehe...) Grog decides he's not going to take this kind of bastard just rolling up in his local stuffer shack and laying down. So he rolls on up to the seemingly comatose hippy-back-to-nature fucker, with the full intention of rolling a few Improvised Weapon: Metahuman attack rolls later. Let's see here - 600 lb troll, 120 lb dude? This isen't a contest.

Which brings us back to Nhilith, who quickdraws her katana like a Samurai of old, walking up to the submachinegun girl bitch, and promptly cuts her a new cunt. In the middle of her torso. Just short of a disembowelment. (S wound, folks, staged down from a D.)

The kid yells out the girl's name "Janey!" and levels his pred at Nhil, but dosen't try to fire, since his girlfriend's in the way. So far, so good, right?

And now, the stupidity starts. The old man shouts at grog to let go of Willey, and racks his shotgun, ejecting a perfectly good shell. At this point, Grog realizes that he has a better use for Willey - human shield. Now's where it gets fun. smile.gif

Catcher shoots his shotgun. One-handed, half-blind around a corner, with the elf girl as a distraction, because he's ragingly hard against her and molesting her breast like it's the last thing he'll feel. (No, stupid. The last thing you'll feel is a numb coldness where your lower jaw and face used to be. But that's for later.)

Net result? He scores all of... One success on the troll. DM rules that a metahuman (Human or Elf type) body as a "normal barrier", neither hard nor soft. Net result? The damage code on the shotgun shoots down to 3S, and the troll easily soaks it to zero. (He used full combat pool, too.)

The DM then rolls damage against Wiley, and tosses down all of Catcher's remaining dice. Every single fragging one of them hits the DC.

Stunned, we all watch as Catcher blows Willey into Deadly Overflow, and the round just kind of pokes out of Willey and against the troll's vest. That was just right, in a wrong sort of way. smile.gif

Outside, as slice was nearing the ladder, he hears the shotguns inside, and turns around to go back in. Wrong Move, assuole. (Intentional misspelling.) I lean out from the side, and let him have it, double-tap style. Meanwhile, inside, Nhilith neatly severs Janey at the knee, putting her down with a D wound, and moves on to the kid, threatening him.

He gets stupid, as Catcher puts another shot through Willey into Grog (again, staged to zero,) and the kid gets sliced in the side of the torso. I leap off the building to the top of the van, then squirm back onto the dock, making a bee-line for the door to F.

Grog, seeing that his personal riot shield has taken two shells and is very perforated now, throws Willie's body across the room, and rips an arcade machine from the wall, roaring an intimidation at the old man - who promptly shat himself and sat down, crying.

Go Grogdor. smile.gif

Another shotgun blast zips through the machine, failing to penetrate Grog, and Catcher's out of shotgun shells in his gun. He STILL hasen't let go of the girl, which pisses us all off. Nhilith slices the kid's neck good, and he goes down hard, while Skate stealths up behind Catcher. I'm trying to do the Trinity move from The Matrix. smile.gif (Dodge this, only I was going to say Fondle This.)

At this point, both Grog and Nhil want to attack catcher, and OOCly, I'm asking them if they're TRYING to get the girl killed. Somehow, it's decided that they're not quite that heartless bastards, and they let me take the shot.

He makes his last-minute perception check, so I don't get to bypass his armor. But I throw down every die I have, combat, and karma. (That's 15 total - 7 from specilization: Ares Predator, 7 Combat Pool, and 1 Karma.)
Net result: Even with his DR, I stage it into Deadly Overflow. The DM lets me describe this shot, but he edits it some. What happens is that I spend a long paragraph describing the bullet's trip through Catcher's jaw, speeding through and out of it, sending his jaw and most of his lower face flying into an aisle, as my bullet merrily proceeds onwards to shatter against the plate-glass front windows. Catcher falls onto the counter, ripping the girl's shirt apart (much to my character's visual delight,) and Skate takes a two-fisted aim at him, saying "I hate rapists worst of all." And BLAM. That was the end of Catcher. Impishly I steal a kiss from the elf girl, and vault over the counter to save lives. I apply a tramau patch to the kid and Janey, despite Nhil's telling me not to. There's no need for more death, especially if saving life means I get an excuse to cut a girl's shirt and bra off. nyahnyah.gif

Then I go out back to see if I can save slice, but I did my job very well; the first shot caught him in the spine, right below the heart, and the second one perforated his right lung from behind. He lived for a meter's distance. So I loot him; he has a Pred with one clip, 9 Shuriken, and one katan, no sheathe. And an armored jacket in the form of a Samurai's tunic. I consider taking it all, but the bullets and the blood ruined the tunic, so I just take the weaponry. The DM has me roll hearing, and I hear sirens in the far distance. Nice job, Lone Star. You bastards show up to take all the damn credit. They're still minutes off in the distance, we have time.

So I go back into the shop from the loading dock, find the girl in the F office, wearing the dwarf's shirt and crying. Skate gives her another kiss on the cheek, tells her to stiffen up, and I give her the pred I got off Slice, telling her to learn how to use it. By now, Nhil is collecting the hardware off the fallen badguys, and Grog is showing his new hero-worshipper how to kick ass on that video game. The kid is now convinced that Grog is a superhero (and he may not be all that wrong.)

Our friendly neighborhood dwarf manager of the Stuffer Shack tells Grog that he can't offer anything that the company woulden't frown on, but offers us to carry out anything we'd like, free of charge. Grog responds by putting one of his brews in the old man's hands, telling him "I like this place, pops. I'm not about to let some wireheads roll up and trash it." I consider taking a disposable cellphone, but they're under physical lock and key, not maglock and key, so I can't open the case fast enough, so I just take the battery out of my own cell, and yes I know I'll have to leave it off a good while for the heat to cool down. I take that cup of soup-at-hand that I wanted earlier, and go back to give the girl another "cheer up" speech and kiss, then we vanish into the night, to go home.

All in all, a good night's work, eh? I'll have to go back to that Shack an' get the girl's number sometime. nyahnyah.gif Meanwhile, Grog has Gang ID'd the gang involved, and we'd like a little payback. Since they're a small-time gang and Grog knows their turf, which isen't far, we figure we have a good chance. After all, nobody just rolls on up in our friendly neighborhood Stuffer Shack and knocks it over, and gets away with it.

Conclusion: Shadowrun is friggin' awesome when it works right.
tisoz
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Nov 11 2005, 03:32 PM)
(Note, we are using a different map for the Food Fight. We had to use whatever was handy, and I found this image with a fast googling.)

So, here is our Stuffer Shack:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Sha...fershackmap.jpg

Uhm, that happens to be the map from the original Food Fight. What luck in searching for a map.

And you're playing a lesbian elf asian?
ShadowDragon8685
Cool. I just plugged in ""Stuffer Shack" Map" in Google.
PBTHHHHT
What a coincidence, eh? wink.gif
Catsnightmare
Damnit, I wish my new group could have stayed together long enough for me to run them through Food Fight. I had a female elven street sam with Katana and that ugly Boosted+Synaptic Accel combo, a Horned Man shaman, and an all high att, high skill mundane female driver and a possible weapons expert out of the book. I was so hoping for an interesting situations to come out of that.
ShadowDragon8685
It's pretty cool, especially if you use your environment instead of just getting into a gunfight.
Critias
Uhm, so you're a dude playing a hot little asian lesbian. Do you guys have a secret handshake, or a treehouse somewhere, or something?

I mean, I'm glad you had fun and all. But it's a character set-up I've run into far too often for my sanity's liking.
ShadowDragon8685
Crit, it's an online game. You'd be surprised what the anonymity of the internet, which can turn people into flaming assholes, can do for roleplay.

Second: I've had the character for awhile, and I really like her. So what? I mean really, what?

So far in this thread, I've had 2 replies about the fact the character is an asian lesbian. (Note: You don't actually KNOW that. She could be bi; she isen't, but I do have some bisexual female characters.)

That's the same number of replies as the map. Zip, zero, zilcho about the tactics, the environment, the fact that we finished it without any friendly casualties - without any wounds, even scratches - and without any collateral damage more severe than some gunfire that perforated products, and one wrecked arcade game. No comments about my decision to escape out the back, (My original intent was to cyberdash my way around front and ambush them from behind, but the battle-lines shifted so much that the back was actually behind them,) or my camping bastard tactics...

No, you guys focus on the fact that the character I play is a lesbian. x.x
Ryu
Well, the tactics part seems to be realistically chaotic for a streetlevel engagement. Your success is a result of your opponents lack of ability. (Kudos for not acting like a military strike team)

Your first action was to bolt away and leave your mates alone. Six against two left.
As those six were mere gangers, still no problem.

Famous last words, ganger style "This is my turf, sammie".

...Happy now?
Critias
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Nov 12 2005, 04:30 AM)
Crit, it's an online game. You'd be surprised what the anonymity of the internet, which can turn people into flaming assholes, can do for roleplay.

Second: I've had the character for awhile, and I really like her. So what? I mean really, what?

So far in this thread, I've had 2 replies about the fact the character is an asian lesbian. (Note: You don't actually KNOW that. She could be bi; she isen't, but I do have some bisexual female characters.)

That's the same number of replies as the map. Zip, zero, zilcho about the tactics, the environment, the fact that we finished it without any friendly casualties - without any wounds, even scratches - and without any collateral damage more severe than some gunfire that perforated products, and one wrecked arcade game. No comments about my decision to escape out the back, (My original intent was to cyberdash my way around front and ambush them from behind, but the battle-lines shifted so much that the back was actually behind them,) or my camping bastard tactics...

No, you guys focus on the fact that the character I play is a lesbian. x.x

Sorry I didn't gush all over you for your super L33T tactics and ability to kill a half-dozen NPCs without losing any team members. I don't impress easy about that sort of thing in SR, for the simple reason it's about as routine to me as eating breakfast cereal. It's not what caught my attention out of your story, it's not what got my notice, it's not what stuck out at me as worth commenting on; your (straight guy playing a lesbian chick) overdone character choice was what stuck out at me.

And, just out of curiousity, have you ever played an ugly/overweight straight chick? Or just hottie little asian or elven bisexual/lesbians, in order to "broaden your horizons," or "using the anonimity of the internet to enhance role play" (and it's very funny to me that you seem to think *I* don't know about on-line RPing). I wouldn't be "surprised" about a god-damned thing about on-line RPing, seeing as how I've been doing it for about sixteen years now, daily.

Oh, and some advice? The next time you're feeling like an all-or-nothing, shoot the bad guy in the face over the hostage's shoulder sort of shot? Don't spend the karma for an extra die. Toss in your combat pool if you've still got it handy (just like you did), aim for a simple action (no mention of doing so, but no mention of a double tap either so it's hard to say), and spend your karma for a reroll of your failures. You'll always, always, do better than by just purchasing yourself a single die. Trust me.
ShadowDragon8685
You can spend karma to re-roll all of your failures?

Does that burn the karma pool die, or just use your use for that session? I think I must've missed that part.
Critias
You spend (not burn) one karma point, and you reroll all failures on that die roll. If you're feeling froggy and have the karma pool to burn, you can then burn two MORE (three, total) to reroll any of THOSE failures. And on, and on, the price escalating each time, and (in theory) the number of failures getting smaller each time you pick 'em up and toss 'em again.

It's why a high karma pool generally means "you win," in serious fights. If you've got the karma to spend, you can generally just go "all these dice are successes," on any given test.
Musashi Forever
I liked how the chick behind the counter just happened to be sexually free enough not to mind the elf chick that keeps kissing her.

Is it my mistake or did the elf chick shoot the guy for fondling the girl, and then use the girl's trauma-addled mental and emotional state to satisfy her own (the fan-boy player's) sexual desires (fantasies)?

I would say that the real challenge of roleplaying here would be for a guy to play a straight woman and then have to play-out the character's hetero-sexual desires. I have played women characters in the past, but have avoided these kinds of situations because I know that I am not a good enough role-player to carry them out. On the other hand I have not arbitrarily made my women characters lesbian or bi just to force my own desires upon them.

I guess my point is. Don't yell at us for commenting on your roleplaying when you are not a good enough roleplayer to play a straight (or as someone else pointed out, an "Ugly" straight) woman character.

Otherwise it seemed like a standard "Food Fight". When I have done it in the past, as a player and as a GM, I have not allowed any of the PC's weapons to be involved. I liked the roleplaying of the troll, especially using the arcade machine as a weapon. But I would give less karma to the katana wielder and the sneaky-pistol girl because they were just doing something they do in any other run.
ShadowDragon8685
So, when you absoloutely, positively have to put him down in one shot... You can go dice nova until you've spent through your whole karma pool, and basically make all your weapon skill and combat pool dice successes?

That's handy...
ShadowDragon8685
Musashi, I think you mean Skate? The elf chick was the cashier.

That's what she does. Besides, I hardly think a peck on the cheek is the same as some goon playing her tit for an accordian.
Critias
"That's what she does," says the guy playing her, as all his excuse. Listen to yourself -- full of glee at torn-off shirts, tongue-in-cheek over cutting off girls' tops and bras to trauma patch them, "impishly" stealing kisses from shock-added trauma victims...but then vividly and gleefully describing the murder of someone who grabbed a girls boobs.

*shrugs*

Poor taste, to me. It's okay when your lesbian fantasy does it, but "it's what he does" isn't a valid excuse for someone to steal a grope. You don't see the double standard, and understand the poor taste this sort of nympho-lesbian-hot-chick character leaves in most people's mouths (so to speak)?
ShadowDragon8685
And your characters aren't willing to commit stone-cold murder for money? Or any number of things that will ruin someone's life far more efficiently and surely than a stolen kiss would?

Skate tramau patched the SMG girl to save her life. Note also that she patched the kid, and he was not in possession of tits. She did this at great personal expense; tramau patches are not cheap at 500 nuyen a pop baseline.

Ai carumba. No, I can't understand that it seems to leave a poor taste in your mouth, because frankly that striks me as nothing short of hypocracy.
Critias
If you don't get it, you don't get it. Your problem, not mine. *shrug* Have fun playing out your nymphomaniacal "impish" asian lesbian chick fantasies. Hopefully the tips on karma expenditure help you out.
Musashi Forever
Yes, saving the two robbers make you a saint. A saint who loves to brutally describe blowing someone's face off and molesting traumatized girls.

On another note:

Now if I was the GM, I would have the cashier fall for the much more heroic troll. love.gif

Then we'll see if you're up to it when you have to roleplay Skate trying to win her back from the troll and the strain that these kind of real-life relationships can have on a team.

ShadowDragon8685
"Brutal?" Nah, that wasen't brutal. No moreso than a David Weber or John Ringo book. I spent more time on the bullet and the glass than the whack-job.

Alternate answer: "Brutal? Brutal like a boondock saint."

And hey, the troll was going to try and squish the robber with an arcade machine, regardless of the fact of the girl between him and the troll. nyahnyah.gif
Aku
I'm still trying to figure out WHY the trauma patch was even needed, i dont see ANYTHING about the hostage being shot, let alone shot to the point that she was near death and had to make a stabalization test.

all in all, i agree, poor taste, and unneccessary at that, ever hear of "eye raping" someone?
ShadowDragon8685
No... The hostage wasen't injured.

I tramau-patch'd the kid and the girl who were at D wound but still alive (barely. I slap-patch'd the girl one round from her death. Talk about a close call. She barely even made the stabalization roll.)
brohopcp
QUOTE (Musashi Forever)
Now if I was the GM, I would have the cashier fall for the much more heroic troll. love.gif

Just 'cause you're a lovesick troll in RL who can't get any doesn't mean you have to force your dreams upon the Players, geesh... biggrin.gif
Aku
umm, how old is skate again?
RedKnightSpecial
Yeah, all the sexuality (and weird smuggish tone that kept popping in here and there) were just a little bit creepy to me, man.

Seriously, you said the chick got a new cunt cut in her belly. It sounds like Hentai. Ick. I need to go take a shower. I feel like I am covered in a light coating of slime. As if I was sneezed on by a mastiff.
Musashi Forever
QUOTE (RedKnightSpecial @ Nov 12 2005, 08:15 AM)
Yeah, all the sexuality (and weird smuggish tone that kept popping in here and there) were just a little bit creepy to me, man.

Seriously, you said the chick got a new cunt cut in her belly. It sounds like Hentai. Ick. I need to go take a shower. I feel like I am covered in a light coating of slime. As if I was sneezed on by a mastiff.

Yeah, there had to have been a better way to describe that. Since you seem to love the brutality there are many ways to sickeningly describe the woman's disembowlment that captures the imagination without making people feel dirty for reading it.

Of course it does tend to fit with the over-sexed atmosphere of the writing.
ShadowDragon8685
Actually, "carve her a new cunt" was the phrase the DM used when he advised the sammie (who was a newbie to the system) on what to do about SMG girl. There was nothing hentai-ish meant by it, anymore than "rip 'em a new asshole' or 'cut him a new belly button'.

Besides, over-sexxed is better than overly gorey.
RedKnightSpecial
No, it aint. Not when the people playing are a group of guys describing their lesbians it sure as hell isn't. And when you start combining sex AND gore (like new cunts being cut) when a group of guys are hanging out together it is definately a far cry from good. Oh man, it aint right.
Musashi Forever
QUOTE (RedKnightSpecial)
No, it aint. Not when the people playing are a group of guys describing their lesbians it sure as hell isn't. And when you start combining sex AND gore (like new cunts being cut) when a group of guys are hanging out together it is definately a far cry from good. Oh man, it aint right.

Agreed.

Three last questions:

How old are you ShadowDragon8685?

Were there any real women present during this, either playing or within earshot?

What was your motivation behind playing an asian elf woman runner and making her a lesbian?

Critias
To be honest, while reading the session report, I wondered at the maturity of the players/GM, as much as I wondered at anything else.
ShadowDragon8685
Okay, y'know what? You guys are assholes, plain and simple.

Now I know why people leave Dumpshock and never come back. Really, wtf is your problem, mmm?

Look at you. Go ahead. You're fucking RPG players, among other things. You spend your times role-playing as characters who vary in scope from stone-cold killers to gang-bangers to (the distressingly rare) robin-hood type.

Really, who the hell are you assholes to start casting stones, mmm? Over a little crude language, no less? Nothing sexual was meant by "carve 'er a new cunt." It was a colorful way to say "slice the bitch." The only sexual things that happened in the game were the molesting gang-banger, and the kisses that Skate stole off the girl.

I'm sorry. I forgot for a moment that "Roleplay" meant "Behave in the most efficient manner possible given the numbers on your character sheet, with the express purpose of termininating all hostiles and acquiring as much wealth as possible."
Musashi Forever
Hey man, you posted a report. If I didn't say so before, then I apologize, but it was clear, informative, and well written. I suppose you posted it here because you were happy with how it turned out and you wanted us to share in your excitement.

I am sorry to say that the times I have been through "Food Fight" have been more interesting than what you told us, but I do give the troll player props for using the human shield and the arcade machine; both actions are far more in the spirit of "Food Fight" than slicing and shooting.

Now when you post somehting like this and people start to make comments, don't tell them that their comments are wrong and tell them to comment on somehting else, like something cool that your character did (somehting that mostly depended on dice rolls anyway).

As I have said, your report was clear, informative, and well written, but it did contain portions that some found offensive and other portions that made some question your roleplaying. Now I admit that I took a needlessly adversarial tone, I apologize, but next time when you post somehting for all the world to see and comment upon, be prepared to hear things you don't want to hear. I mean, jeez, my ego was crushed the first time I posted a piece of creative writng for the comments of others.
RedKnightSpecial
Cue the Cartman post.

"Screw you guys, I'm going...home."

I feel a little bad though. It was indeed well written. Well written and creepy.
Critias
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)

Now I know why people leave Dumpshock and never come back. Really, wtf is your problem, mmm?

Look at you. Go ahead. You're fucking RPG players, among other things. You spend your times role-playing as characters who vary in scope from stone-cold killers to gang-bangers to (the distressingly rare) robin-hood type.

Really, who the hell are you assholes to start casting stones, mmm? Over a little crude language, no less? Nothing sexual was meant by "carve 'er a new cunt." It was a colorful way to say "slice the bitch." The only sexual things that happened in the game were the molesting gang-banger, and the kisses that Skate stole off the girl.

I'm sorry. I forgot for a moment that "Roleplay" meant "Behave in the most efficient manner possible given the numbers on your character sheet, with the express purpose of termininating all hostiles and acquiring as much wealth as possible."

"Waaah, my pussy hurts!"

If you don't want to hear a little criticism, don't post a play by play. If you post a play by play, and get some criticism, don't argue with our opinions. If you post a play by play, get some criticism, and argue with people's opinions, don't get your panties all in a fucking wad over it.

I'm sorry we didn't all gush and goo and swoon at your amazing battle. I'm sorry we're so fucking tired of guys playing nymphomaniacal lesbians we commented on it. I'm sorry you took it to heart, and are convinced the cruel, cruel, internet is full of assholes. I'm sorry you think that means you have to lash out and be all "you're just a bunch of gamers, anyways, boohoo!" as your only real defense.

Yes, we're gamers. So the fuck what? Contrary to some people's common perception, that doesn't automatically make us all pathetic losers -- and even if it does, there's a hierarchy amongst pathetic loser gamers. And guess what, slick? The dorks who play lesbian nymphos are right at the fucking bottom. Ask Eric Johnson.

Grow up. If you really, really, have to play an "impish" little nympho of an asian lesbian chick, then play it. Don't worry about what I think, or someone else does. It's pretty fucking simple.
caramel frappuccino
This thread makes me giggle.
Aku
and yet, i still ask how old skate is... if she's anything similar to the skate you gave me, (and considering that skate, too, was asian), born in '41, was running in 65 i beleive that woulda made her 24, so was you're "new" skate born in 46, making her 24 still?or is she 29 now? either way... why would she even look at the GF of a 15 yr old kid, that girl musta been 17 at the oldest (assuming she was human).

Ok, heres my point, there are some things that needn't be detailed in a game. cutting a shirt off and a bra open, falls under that category, imo. my rule of thumb (probably coming from a film schooling) is "does this add anything constructive to the scene?" in most cases, a girl laying bare breasted with a trauma patch and details on how thats done, won't add anything to the scene except for hormonal teenagers.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Aku)
Ok, heres my point, there are some things that needn't be detailed in a game. cutting a shirt off and a bra open, falls under that category, imo. my rule of thumb (probably coming from a film schooling) is "does this add anything constructive to the scene?" in most cases, a girl laying bare breasted with a trauma patch and details on how thats done, won't add anything to the scene except for hormonal teenagers.

Gawd, I hope it's just some hormonal teenagers and that's it. Because any older and then it'd just be sad.

Don't get me on a tirade about those people with stupid fantasies of nympho asian lesbos. Blech.
Halabis
I once played in a group that had a lesbian adept tiger shifter. I ws teh hormonal teenager ( i was playing a strait guy), and the dude playing the uber lesbian was a 40 year old greasy fat dude with a child mollestor van and a thing for teenage girls. Remember kids, if you play lesbians one day you will be that guy. Dont play lesbians! (unless you are one of course)
Teulisch
wow. thats a lot of flameage there. are you guys trying to summon a force 6 fire elemental or something?

I rather liked the little story.
Musashi Forever
QUOTE (Teulisch)
wow. thats a lot of flameage there. are you guys trying to summon a force 6 fire elemental or something?

Greatform baby, greatform!

As I have said, I thought the report was well written, but when he posts it for public comment he should not dictate what is commented upon.
GrepZen
If you're going to jump on the kid at least try not to come off as an asshat while doing it people -- rolling in the mud with pigs doesn't make you any cleaner.
Siege
I have to admit, the "carve her a new..." was a little graphic for my taste. I'm not sure why it bothers me more than "rip him a new one" or the more descriptive "rip him a new asshole", but it does.

The sexuality is a matter for another diatribe.

-Siege

rook
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)

Look at you. Go ahead. You're fucking RPG players, among other things.

Really, who the hell are you assholes to start casting stones, mmm?

Umm,...didn't this thread start with you describing one of your RPG experiences?

Upon evaluation of these statements we, the National Stone Throwing Authority, regret to inform you that your License to Throw has been revoked.

Rook
Chairman, NSTA
Mister Juan
rotfl.gif
This is great. I'm saving it for the rainy days.
Ryu
I have given the requested comment on tactics, but have not found any reaction. Maybe an inability to read on my part?

But to the discussion at hand:

There is a distinct lack of taste present, regarding both sexuality and violence. I do not tolerate this kind of behaviour - even stealing kisses from a person in emotional distress had better not be done in my presence.

One might indeed point to the contradiction between the absolute hate for the molester and the act of invading the girls privacy in a moment of weakness one moment later. While the former is understandable, the later fits into the same category. Shoot em all, let god sort em out. The graphical detail of the description hints at the state of the players minds - IŽll hopefully say its just immaturity, which is why I didnŽt comment before.

P.S. Rook: rotfl.gif
Aku
QUOTE (ryu)
One might indeed point to the contradiction between the absolute hate for the molester and the act of invading the girls privacy...

But see, here's the problem, the girl that he "cut the shirt and bra, much to my my characters delight", as far as i can tell, WAS ONE OF THE GANGERS. she wasn't being molested. She wasthe "smg bitch"

QUOTE (shadow)
The kid (15 year old with an Ares Predator, I think he may be Spike?) scratches his head with his gun (Almost a pity he didn't have a negligent discharge,) and wanders over to loot the candy. The bitch-girl with the submachine gun is alternating between cooing at the fat boy, and quickdrawing her gun on him. (Real flowerlike personality, her. Specifically, a venus flytrap.)
Which brings us back to Nhilith, who quickdraws her katana like a Samurai of old, walking up to the submachinegun girl bitch, and promptly cuts her a new cunt. In the middle of her torso. Just short of a disembowelment. (S wound, folks, staged down from a D.)

i honestly forget where this post was going.... I'm just glad shadow found a "group that works" because, obviously, if he was expecting this from my game (the previous "failures") it wasn't gonna happen.
tisoz
QUOTE (Siege @ Nov 12 2005, 10:11 PM)
I have to admit, the "carve her a new..." was a little graphic for my taste.  I'm not sure why it bothers me more than "rip him a new one" or the more descriptive "rip him a new asshole", but it does.

-Siege

I agree. I had trouble reading that part; though I don't know why.

Sorry, I started the lesbian comments, but I previously stated here on Dumpshock the stereotype of the hot, lesbian elf played by a guy. I promptly got told no one had ever encountered it. I actually went back and checked to see if your character was elven in addition to asian.

I played a female elf, mostly hetero but not too choosy. (Another trend when guys play females is to make them extreme in ther sexuality - either total sluts or damn near nun-like.) It was funny, but my best friend was playing an adolescent troll that was infatuated with her. (Hopefully total roleplay. wink.gif) When she'd ask him to watch her body while she astrally projected, he'd cop a feel or sneek a peek, things a bold teen might do. I don't think the GM ever put high charisma females in our path, but everytime we met a guy, I'd ask what his charisma was. Anything 5 or higher and she would try seducing him. (Which really got the troll jealous.) Anyway...

Sounds like you had fun. You actually got to play without getting derailed. Sounds like there weren't too many expectations or disagrrements about setting or tone. One thing I wonder upon reading all the comments and rethinking the story - why did you need to cut the girls shirt and bra off if she had already been cut from stem to sternum, and wouldn't letting her die perhaps be more merciful than trauma patching her while she layed in a tangle mess of her own guts? Maybe a lot of people were critical because they went through the same scenario themself?

The karma re-roll rule is on SR3 page 246 at the top of the right hand column.

And I know how old you are from your explanation of your name, 8/6/85.
ShadowDragon8685
I agree.  I had trouble reading that part; though I don't know why.

In my defense, I'm not the one who originated that saying! >_<

Sorry, I started the lesbian comments, but I previously stated here on Dumpshock the stereotype of the hot, lesbian elf played by a guy.  I promptly got told no one had ever encountered it.  I actually went back and checked to see if your character was elven in addition to asian.

No. She's asian, with no elf. The only elves in the story are our sammie and the clerk at the Stuffer Shack.

I played a female elf, mostly hetero but not too choosy.  (Another trend when guys play females is to make them extreme in ther sexuality - either total sluts or damn near nun-like.)  It was funny, but my best friend was playing an adolescent troll that was infatuated with her.  (Hopefully total roleplay. wink.gif)  When she'd ask him to watch her body while she astrally projected, he'd cop a feel or sneek a peek, things a bold teen might do.  I don't think the GM ever put high charisma females in our path, but everytime we met a guy, I'd ask what his charisma was.  Anything 5 or higher and she would try seducing him.  (Which really got the troll jealous.)  Anyway...

Noo comment. Troll? Yikes. (Okay, that was actually a comment... smile.gif )

Sounds like you had fun.  You actually got to play without getting derailed.  Sounds like there weren't too many expectations or disagrrements about setting or tone.  One thing I wonder upon reading all the comments and rethinking the story - why did you need to cut the girls shirt and bra off if she had already been cut from stem to sternum, and wouldn't letting her die perhaps be more merciful than trauma patching her while she layed in a tangle mess of her own guts?  Maybe a lot of people were critical because they went through the same scenario themself?

So far, the only disagreement we've had over the setting is just what consitutes a heavy pistol. Apparently, it's 10 mm. I thought wrong, when I thought it was something like .50 AE. x.x

The SMG bitch was not cut from stem to sternum. It was only an S wound; she was cut on the stomach good, but she was not disemboweled. And I got the impression that the cut was horizontal, not vertical. (For the record, she did not go into deadly Overflow. Just a round D, which was pretty good. Good soaking on her part on that last hit.))

The karma re-roll rule is on SR3 page 246 at the top of the right hand column.

I never saw it. Hmmm. Maybe I need to read again...

And I know how old you are from your explanation of your name, 8/6/85.

I don't think that's the point, and neither do you. I think the point is that when you demand to know someone's age, you're insulting them by saying they're acting immature.
Aku
actually, if that age comment is directed at me, i want to know how old the CHARACTER is, not the PLAYER.
ShadowDragon8685
Actually, it was directed at the person who demanded to know my age.

Skate was revamped to be 21.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012