Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: condition monitor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
6thDragon
What ways are there to get more condition monitor boxes. So far this is all I've come up with: Bone Lacing and Bone Density don't do it. None of the sample characters have increased condition monitors because of it and it says in the description that the extra body is for damage resistance tests only.

1. Cyber limbs add an additional box to your physical condition monitor.
2. Supathyroid Glan gives one body without the caveat that it's for damage resistance tests. So if you have a body of 6 (human racial max) that would put you up to 7 and you'd get another box on your physical condition monitor.
3. Adrenaline Pump boosts willpower so would temporarily boost stun condition monitor, but it has a potentially nasty effect when it wears off.
4. Pain editor boosts the willpower by one and could increase the stun condition monitor as well, but only temporarily.
5. Numerous drugs boost body or willpower and could also boost the condition monitor, all of them are temporary and some of them has nasty side effects when they wear off.
Am I missing anything?
Jaid
as far as i can tell, the body of your cyberlimbs would be averaged out to determine your effective body attribute for purposes of condition monitor as well.

you are also forgetting magic. the increase attribute spell would do it, would it not?

and one so basic i presume you just left it off 'cause it's so obvious you didn't think to mention it: be an ork, troll, or dwarf.
Squinky
I think a character should get a bonus from bone lacing or bone density. I know the big debate about them only adding dice for damage resistance and what not, but, aren't physical boxes involved in damage taking? Don't they make you tougher? Makes sense to me.

I don't know if there is a place that specifically adresses this, and the sample characters are always flawed anyway, so it's hard to get a real comparison...
Hasaku
One thing to watch out for when changing bone density/lacing to a Body bonus is Toxins. Right now, under the RAW, toxins require a Toxin Resistance Test, as opposed to a Damage Resistance Test, even when they inflict damage. They are thus unaffected by bone mods. This make sense. If these mods gave a Body bonus, then they would be indirectly helping against toxins by allowing you to survive more/higher doses. I don't really see how stronger bones should have any effect on the nerve agent you just inhaled, which is probably why they were written as you see them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012