Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Splash Grenades in SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RunnerPaul
I'm assuming that one of the items that'll make an apperance in Arsenal will be the chemical-delivery "Splash" grenades.

What I'd like to know, is could a splash grenade be loaded with 'trode nanopaste?
Squinky
What wacky purpose would that serve? Heh....

Is it somehow involved in breaking down someones skinlinked pan for hacking?
dog_xinu
splash gernades are great. If there is some liquid/wet chemical that you want to spread over an area. Load one up and letter rip.

dog
Backgammon
This is a weird thread. Between dog's infomercial and Paul's nanopaste needs, I have no idea what's going on.
Squinky
Sometimes a man has needs, and sometimes, those needs involve head to toe slathering of nanopaste...
Siege
Well, involuntary application of nanopaste could, hypothetically, be the first step to flooding the target with waves of information.

Audio, visual...that could swamp the target with layers and layers of information.

-Siege
RunnerPaul
Or, conversely, involuntary application of nanopaste could be the first step in subjecting the target to being put under a RAS Override, shutting off both sensory input and motor control. Or in this case, a crowd full of targets.
Hasaku
You'd have to get on their heads in just the right places. I definitely wouldn't allow a nanopaste splash grenade any effects other than "Ick, I've got nanopaste on me."
Siege
With enough saturation, you'll likely make the connections.

Or give unintended access to formerly non-wired components...like smartlinks or cyberlimbs?

-Siege
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Siege)
With enough saturation, you'll likely make the connections.

Bingo. You get a thin layer of nanopaste covering 90% of the top of the head, that's got to count for something. The stuff has to be pretty forgiving if people apply it in funky designs before going clubbing.
Backgammon
edit: nevermind, skipped a vital post...
Hasaku
You know, if you splashed enough on someone, I could see allowing access to their skinlinked PAN.
RunnerPaul
At this rate, I'm thinking that I'd better put aside the splash grenades in favor of pumping the stuff through the anti-riot water cannon on an Ares Mobmaster.
SMDVogrin
Now, wouldn't that be a fun method of crowd control. "Ares Citymaster -- Now, with Psycotropic IC!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012