Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancers Heads
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Rainer
Hi

in a german online forum someone claimed that a TMs Head essentially is a node and thus vulnerable to Intruder attacks. Is it really possible to hack into someones brain, by simply using ordinary Programs designed to crack open computer hardware? I find this very hard to believe...what do you think?
Eggs
I would make a snide remark about the Matrix or Johnny Mneumonic, but I won't.... wink.gif
Rotbart van Dainig
You still don't hack The Brain - you hack an HAL compatible to normal matrix usage.
Dakhran the Dark
Funny, I thought someone would have made a comment about the poor guy's ghost being hacked by the Laughing Man...

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes..." biggrin.gif-
NightRain
QUOTE (Rainer)
in a german online forum someone claimed that a TMs Head essentially is a node and thus vulnerable to Intruder attacks. Is it really possible to hack into someones brain, by simply using ordinary Programs designed to crack open computer hardware? I find this very hard to believe...what do you think?

It doesn't work like that, or otherwise you could hack the persona of a hacker. Having a hacker appearing in front of in the matrix doesn't let you hack his commlink, you still need to find it and hack it directly if you want access. A technomancer has a (living) persona, but no attached commlink. Like the persona of a hacker, he's crashable, as you can take the persona down with Blackhammer etc, but you can't actually hack it directly
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (NightRain)
A technomancer has a (living) persona, but no attached commlink.

It has.

QUOTE (SR4 p. 233 The Living Persona)
Technomancers have their own version of the persona, known as the living persona—essentially it is an organic commlink with sim module in the technomancer’s head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012