Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Char
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ElFenrir
Well, here we go...I created a few chars, but this guy was created from scratch(my main char was already played in SR3 and was rebuilt with karma added. This guy was a total SR4 creation.)

Concept: Adept, works as bouncer for a real tough, seedy, dark rock club...this is one of those places that the owner simply turns his back on some of the bad things that go on at the place(like dark magic practice, etc.). I picture the guy(still figuring out his street name) to be around six foot tall, not the biggest guy in the world, but just very...scary. Long, straight, black hair, indigo colored eyes(piercing), pale, wears the full gamut of bullet belts, spikes, leather jacket, big boots...like most of the clubgoers. I wanted to make a character that can seemingly see 'thru' you and people, and to be just very...unsettling, even if he's just sitting there, and an effective bouncer/bodyguard type...notices everything...etc. HIs adept pathis definately among the 'pagan' type(thing the Black Magic from the old MitS....not a blood mage or anything but the misunderstood kind.)
Of course theres much more, but this is more of a 'new' raw build critique.

Adept Human-Simen Andersen, 27 years, 6', 165-170lbs.
400 BP

Attributes(265 BP)
Body: 4
Agility: 4
Reaction: 4
Strength: 4
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 4
Logic: 2
Willpower: 3
Edge: 2
Magic: 6
Essence: 6
Initative: 8

Active Skills(132)([]-adept power increase)
Unarmed Combat(Kickboxing): 5(+2)
Athletics Group: 3
Clubs(Hammer): 2(+2)
Etiquette(Street): 1(+2)
Perception: 4[+2]
Assensing(Metahumans): 2(+2)
Longarms(Shotguns): 2(+2)
Pilot Ground Vehicle(Wheeled):1(+2)*
Intimidation(Physical): 5(+2)[7(+2)]

Note about 'wheeled', it was listed as a specialization. Ill take 'bike' if necessary...'wheeled' just seems like a hell of a specialization. Maybe some errata on that in the book?

Knowledge/Language: (18 free)
Pagan Teachings: 3
Occult(Black Magic Groups)2(+2)
Heavy Metal(Pagan/Black Metal): 2(+2)
Bouncer Techniques: 3
Bodyguarding: 2
Alcohol: 1
Norwegian: N
English: 3

Adept Powers:
Critical Strike Lv.4(1)
Improved Sense(Thermographic, Flare Compensation)(.5)
Mystic Armor Lv.2(1)
Killing Hands(.5)
Attribute Boost(Strength) Lv.1(.25)
Attribute Boost(Agility) Lv.1(.25)
Enhanced Perception Lv.2(.5)
Improved Ability(Intimidation) Lv.2(.5)
Astral Perception(1)
Rapid Healing Lv.1(.25)
Missile Parry Lv.1(.25)

Qualities:
+: Adept(5)
Guts(5)
Photographic Memory(10)

-: Sensitive System(15)
Addiction: Mild, Simsense(5)
Allergy(Moderate, Gold)(10)
Astral Beacon(5)

Contacts:
Technomancer(C2/L6...younger sister)
Club Owner(C3/L3)

Whew...lots of powers, cos I got a lot of the cheaper ones. I know I didn't get Reflexes yet...I know its good, but i figured i can get that later on. Basically I revolved his powers,skills, and attributes around A. Not letting anything escape his knowing...the high Intuition and Perception, with the increases...the Assensing skill(on Metahumans...helps with his job), the Astral Perception(so astral sneakers can't get by), the Intimidation(like I said, I want this guy to basically ooze...scary), the Qualities were also chosen as such...the Photographic Memory(hey, i remember you, you #%$@%!), Guts('i'm not impressed....'), and the flaws...thank his little sis(technomancer contact) for that one, the allergy and sensitive system(well, some of us just are...Im allergic to gold myself), and Astral Beacon(the guy leaves such an impression..and what with his dark sort of intrests...he even leaves them astrally.)

I know he's lacking Stealth type skills...these might come later when he realizes that he might need them, but for now, he's never really done that kind of work...he's always either been the bouncer, bodyguard for some scary band that's playing and that the radical Christian groups try to shoot, or occationaly as a neighborhood enforcer. Hometown is some little out of the way place in northern Norway(above arctic circle, we get much dark up here in this part of the world!)

I'd have liked maybe a Cha of 4...but it was hard to decide...while he has much presence, he's actually uncomfertable to be around...cos it seems like he sees thru you(and with the skills and powers he sort of DOES in a way), so I am guessing a 3 might be more appropriate.

So any thoughts, comments, improvements? More info needed? I didn't list the gear(20,000 nuyen worth, don't have a lot, just a Low and Squatter lifestyle, a motorcycle, a shotgun, ammo, and some other stuff.)

EDIT: Added that i also picked up a set of contacts with the vision enhancements for added perception...and earbuds with the audio enhancements. But i am unsure of the exact of the whole skill cap thing. I know you're allowed to roll equal to your skill lv.x1.5...but do these count toward that? I know the adept powers do. I just wanted to make the guy be able to notice anything, about anyone...adds to the character alot.
BGMFH
the magic quality cost doesnt count, but there is a limit of 200 points spent on attributes, one of which is magic.
ElFenrir
According to the book, magic, edge and resonance are attributes...but do not count toward the 200 point cap. I forget what page, but its around the character creation section I think...
BGMFH
I'll double check and reply tomorrow
Drace
I just checked it up, pg 73, and it states that only physical and mental attributs fall under the 200 BP limit, meaning that while your main 8 stats, the ones that race can alter and are used by everyone fore everything, your specialty stats (edge, magic/resonance) are not dependant on the limit, so you could basically have a mage char with 6 edge and 6 magic, and whatever else stats they buy with their 200 bp
ElFenrir
Thanx! Yeah, i thought i remembered that correctly. Had they put Magic, Edge, and Resonance into that 200 cap...chars would have about a 2 in every stat.

One thing i am still thinking about were the last two powers...i wanted him to heal quick(thought it would be cool), and the missile parry is good for his line of work(catch those flying bottles). I don't know if i should go 1 lv. in each, 2 in one or the other, or frag it for more mystic armor, or Attrib Boost: Body or something. I kinda like the bottle/knife/cigar/rock catching ability tho, and it can be added intimidation factor if he does that without barely looking at the person doing it. grinbig.gif

Drace
the missle parry would be useful for what you had in mind, but not much else really, so it would more than likely mostly be a RP and situational thing, heal quick can also save you money later on with medical bills, and need for medkits etc. Also a good power for if your planning on fighting unarmerd would be critical strike, which raises the DV of your attacks. Also a power for your char if you want that would go well with your background may be great leap, used to get from one side of the bar to another
ElFenrir
Critical Strike was the first power I got. smile.gif He does occationaly swing a hammer designed like Thor's for flavor(and plans on getting a weapon focus), and has a Remington 990 for that extra threat factor, but he's mainly an unarmed dealer and I wanted to make sure he could do something with that...since unarmed nowadays is pretty low on the power, unless you do subdual.

Hmm...the Great Leap idea...I can see it now...'Hei, get away from there....!!!' *jump*....*CRACK on ceiling* '%#$@!...' grinbig.gif

Tho Im sure the ceiling is much higher. I mean, there are a few powers i'd like...but of course, so many powers, so little points. Gotta wait for some initiation there.

Yeah, I definately would like one level of missile parry, for RP situations if anything. Of course, you never know when it could come in handy later on, but i know most NPCs, if they are throwing anything, its grenades, and I don't wanna catch them til I invest in some reflexes. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012