Protective Covers
Smartlink
Thermographic Vision
Vision Magnification

Bioware

Muscle Augmentation(2)
Muscle Toner(2)
Synaptic Booster Rating 2

Gear and Lifestyle (250,000 Nuyen)(50 BP)
2 Ares Predator IV (w/Quick Draw Holster, 2 clips of EX EXplosive Ammo, 8 clips of Regular Ammo, and Silencer) each HK-227X SMG (w/ 6 clips of EX Explosive Ammo, 4 clips of Regular Ammo, Gas Vent 3), Ares Alpha (w/5 clips of EX Explosive Ammo, 5 Clips of Regular Ammo, Gas Vent 3, Airburst Link, 30 HE Grenades, 30 Frag Grenades, and 6Flash Bang Grenades), Ingram White Knight LMG (w/ 2 Clips EX Explosive Ammo and 4 clips Regular Ammo), Armor Jacket, Helmet

Lined Coat

Misc;
2 Fake SINS(3), 3 Fake Licenses(4), Climbing Gear, Gecko Tape Glove, Gas Mask, Rapelling Gloves, Grapple Gun, 100 m Microwire, 300 m Stealth rope, Catalyst stick, Doc Wagon Contract(Basic 1 Year), High Lifestyle(1 Month)

Vehicle:
Suzuki Mirage

Contacts (6 BP)
Thomas Williams Ares Arms Dealer (Connection 3/Loyalty 3)

Notes:
Starting Nuyen: 4D6 +9 X 500

Background
A former Royal Marine, Sam left His Majesty's service in after a particularly bloody riot was put down by his unit. Disgusted by the things he was forced to do, he resigned. Recalling that an Ares Arms Executive that he had pulled out of a firefight had since been transferred to Seattle, he decided to get out of England and travel there. England was no longer a very friendly place after he left with nearly 200 k worth of bioware implanted at the King's expense. Seattle seemed like a good place to lay low for a bit while using the skills he knew to pay the bills. Sam still hopes to return to England, however this seems very unlikely unless the Lord Protector is overthrown.

What do you all think?

edit: I can't spell. frown.gif , Also, I just realized that I posted an early version. Here's the final one.
Drace
sounds pretty good, but if your going by the availability rules, alot of that stuff your not able to get.
Also a HtH weapon and skill might be usefull, unarmed combat doesnt deal much damage. And your stun damage limit is 9 I think, can't find my book to check out.

Also maybe a few other contacts, even one, would be better, so that it would be realistic for your guy to get runs. I dont really see a arms dealer giving out too many runs, or that often really

Other than that, seems like a great char to me
BGMFH
Arms dealers in *MY* universe sometimes do deliveries. Not themselves, but low level runners acting as couriers.

Of course, it does cost extra.
Chrispy
QUOTE (Drace @ Nov 15 2005, 11:25 PM)
sounds pretty good, but if your going by the availability rules, alot of that stuff your not able to get.
Also a HtH weapon and skill might be usefull, unarmed combat doesnt deal much damage. And your stun damage limit is 9 I think, can't find my book to check out.

Also maybe a few other contacts, even one, would be better, so that it would be realistic for your guy to get runs.  I dont really see a arms dealer giving out too many runs, or that often really

Other than that, seems like a great char to me

I'm pretty sure all that I picked up equiptment wise is available at start. They're all 12 availability or less. Also, that's not even reliably applied. One of the sample characters has a Aztechnology rocket launcher w/ Frag Rocket which has an availability of 16.

As for unarmed combat, I'm fluffing this guy as an ex-royal marine. Therefore I figured his training would be primarily in the same kinda stuff they do today. That led to the specializations in Assault Rifles as well as use of unarmed instead of blades.

I gave him the First Impression quality to help out in making new contacts.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking for an online campaign to join right now, and I'd like to get my character polished up first.
BGMFH
The sample characters in SR3 were not known for following the creation rules either.

I wasn't surprised to see that be true in SR4, speaking only for myself.
Oracle
I would really think about dropping the synaptic booster 2 and replacing it with wired reflexes 2. I know that the cyberenhancement is much more expensive essence-wise, but you have got enough essence left. It will free up a lot of money or some BP to play with.
Chrispy
QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 16 2005, 05:43 AM)
I would really think about dropping the synaptic booster 2 and replacing it with wired reflexes 2. I know that the cyberenhancement is much more expensive essence-wise, but you have got enough essence left. It will free up a lot of money or some BP to play with.

Problem is that the Sensitive System flaw doubles the essense cost of cyber.

That aside, using bioware gives me a lot of room to expand with later.
Oracle
Uuups. Didn't see that.
MaxHunter
I like him. I would also recommend getting a couple more contacts, even if they are 1/1 ones, you are who you know, after all.

A question: Is the commlink implanted? Because it is listed in the cyberware section of your post...(I didnīt check the math, but I think it's not) Anyway, It should not be.

A nice character all round, and I love to see a "warrior" type with social skills and Charisma > 1, I will send some of my players to counselling sessions with you. biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Max
Xavier Grimwand
Ummm... Sam Beckett?

Quantum Leap, anyone? wink.gif
Chrispy
QUOTE (MaxHunter @ Nov 16 2005, 10:19 AM)
I like him. I would also recommend getting a couple more contacts, even if they are 1/1 ones, you are who you know, after all.

A question: Is the commlink implanted? Because it is listed in the cyberware section of your post...(I didnīt check the math, but I think it's not) Anyway, It should not be.

A nice character all round, and I love to see a "warrior" type with social skills and Charisma > 1, I will send some of my players to counselling sessions with you. biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Max

Well, I set him up as a relatively recent arrival into Seattle. I wouldn't think he would have all that many contacts as of yet.

The comlink is indeed implanted. Why wouldn't I want it to be cybered?

Thanks for the compliment. I figured a higher CHA would help on all those pesky negotiation rolls for better guns, gear, and grits.
Chrispy
QUOTE (Xavier Grimwand)
Ummm... Sam Beckett?

Quantum Leap, anyone?  wink.gif

Actually, when I was thinking up a English name the only name that came to mind initially was Thomas Becket. I changed the first name, and managed to run right into Quantum Leap. Whoops.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012