Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know the name of religion that...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Liper
I'm looking for a religion (probably eastern) that believes in the seperation of mind and body, I keep scratching for the word but come up with nadda any help?
Valentinew
Could you be more specific? Do you know what else the religion believes in?

Buddhism might fit, but so might Hinduism. There are probably others I don't know.
Liper
actually I can't, I'm wanting to keep it open for reading and figuring out what's best for the toon I'm making = )
BlackHat
Doesn't almost every religion believe in a difference between your meat-body and the part of you that thinks and feels? smile.gif At least the majority I'd imagine.
Backgammon
Look for it yourself
Valentinew
That's a cool site! Thanks for pointing it out!
nezumi
QUOTE (Liper)
I'm looking for a religion (probably eastern) that believes in the seperation of mind and body,

From nothing else, I'd say this is the philosophical idea of duality. It's embraced in, well, most modern religions, including Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and others. Jainism is the one that seems to push for a separation, plus say that the spirit is the important part and the body only drags you down.
Liper
I'll probably be looking into the jainism thing.

working on a character that as his body got replaced with more and more cyber he came more intune with his magic.

of course this works against the rules of essence and magic but meh it's what I've wanted to do hehe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012