Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used Vehicles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Demon_Bob
Or can I get a Van for 10.000 nuyen.gif and what problems would it have?

What type of rules are people using for used vehicles?

Cost reductions and problems for older cars.
How much should a 5 year old van cost?
Surprises left from previous owner.
All Music files left for to long in the car turn into Queens greatest hits.
Problems from cost reduction measures.
The heater sucks, and the door handles break easily.
Other problems that would reduce sale price.
The Van is four different colors, main body one, both doors two others, and the hood a fourth.
Liper
There were rules in rigger 3 covering used vehicles that you can probably still use for sr4.

not sure about stress and vehciles in sr4 but if they are there, just apply a perma stress point or two per discount off the price to the vehicle for used = )
Lord Ben
Nobody in my group I run for plays a rigger so I'm pretty lenient about prices since it's just an RP device. I never give penalties to the stats.

The group I play in I'm a car theif so I pretty much drive a different vehicle every game session.
Kleaner
The prices on some of the cars and such are pretty whacked. You can buy a limo for 20k, but a delivery van costs 30k? Also a luxury yacht costs 17k??

I understand they want to give prices ranges for some of this stuff but it should be slightly more realistic.

found a cool sight that has prices of planes, military aircraft, even satellites...

Sweet, I can get a satellite for 220million, minus the engine of course. eek.gif

Edit:
List of sites after some digging:
some common military prices

huge database of aircraft prices

Sub prices

Boat prices

Note: "Watercraft prices" is apparently a new term for lesbian dating, surf at your own risk love.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Kleaner @ Nov 17 2005, 03:51 PM)
The prices on some of the cars and such are pretty whacked. You can buy a limo for 20k, but a delivery van costs 30k? Also a luxury yacht costs 17k??

The "yacht" has been discussed, the two trains of thought are that's it's either a crappy little inboard cabin cruiser (with luxury quality fittings extra i'd say) or that it's a typo that dropped a "0" from the end of the price (i'm with the later given the correlation with the R3 vessle price list).

The limo? Well that's the "base" model, son. Now if you REALLY want to wow the ladies you'll step over here so i can show you this year's options. Mini bar, sunroof, hub caps, air conditioning, doors, seats, paint,..... cool.gif
Feshy
The gear section lists "street costs" with modifiers like that. As a GM, I'd be willing to accept street cost modifiers for certain big-ticket items, like vehicles. "Used" is listed as -20%. There's also "Counterfit" at -20%, that I'd take as a "cheap knockoff."

"You won't believe the deal I just got on this Ford Americar!"
"Hey, Jim, that's not a Ford Americar... look, peel off this sticker here (oops, took some paint with it) -- it says "Ferd Latin-Americar! No wonder it only has three wheels."

Another -10% for "used in a crime under investigation. "Hey... what's that smell comming from the trunk?" "I dunno, I haven't looked in the trunk yet..."

Technically, these modifiers are only for items once gameplay starts. But for roleplaying purposes, I think they're kind of fun for vehicles.

There aren't any "stats" modifiers for them though, you'll just have to role play it.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (blakkie)
The "yacht" has been discussed, the two trains of thought are that's it's either a crappy little inboard cabin cruiser (with luxury quality fittings extra i'd say) or that it's a typo that dropped a "0" from the end of the price (i'm with the later given the correlation with the R3 vessle price list).

My favorite theory is that the missing zero slipped backwards through a rift in space-time, where it ended up in FASA's computers while they were putting together the original Rigger Black Book, and was responsible for the 1.2 million nuyen jetski.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012