Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HMHVV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FrostyNSO
Pretty simple. I figured you could contract it through unprotected intercourse (or protected intercourse with sufficient scratching) from what it says in the books, but my group isn't clear so I thought I'd throw it up here.
hyzmarca
Kreiger Strain is, certainly. Standard HMHVV can only be transmited through the use of the essence drain power. I'm not sure about the other varieties. Try AH's site.

http://ancientfiles.dumpshock.com/HMHVV.htm
Mr.Platinum
What the hell is happening in your game to ask that?
hobgoblin
sometimes its best not to know...
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Kreiger Strain is, certainly. Standard HMHVV can only be transmited through the use of the essence drain power. I'm not sure about the other varrieties.

There's absolutely no reason that Essence Drain wouldn't work during sexual intercourse; it only requires an intense emotional connection. While the one most commonly used is terror, love works just as well, and so does good old-fashioned lust.

As for the virus itself...yeah, it could easily be passed that way, just as any number of other viral infections could be.

I did this to a character in one of my games one, so I don't see any reason that Frosty couldn't do it, as well.
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)

Can't speak for Frosty, but in my game, Character A and his ex-wife were reconciling with each other. Unfortunately for Character A, his ex-wife was a vampire. He knew she was a vampire, and he slept with her anyway.
hyzmarca
There is nothing dangerous about having sex with a vampire unless she is low on essence. If she is low on essence then lust and arousal are just the emotional connections required to make the essence drain power work.

Now having sex with a Bandersnatch, that's dangerous.
Ancient History
I remember that letter.
Grinder
At least you survived to tell the tale. biggrin.gif
Drac
What the hell is wrong with Bandersnatch sex?
hyzmarca, you are such a prude.

0_o
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Drac)
What the hell is wrong with Bandersnatch sex?

Nothing, if you don't mind growing a lot of extra hair.
Grinder
Bruce Willis probably would like to have some more hair wink.gif
Ancient History
Maybe, maybe not...
Grinder
rotfl.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman)
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum @ Nov 20 2005, 12:23 PM)

Can't speak for Frosty, but in my game, Character A and his ex-wife were reconciling with each other. Unfortunately for Character A, his ex-wife was a vampire. He knew she was a vampire, and he slept with her anyway.

He certainly should have known, there are very few that aren't. nyahnyah.gif

P.S. Skipping ahead on AH's link a few days you'll also find The Answer™.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012