Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second print run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Discount Games
I heard a rumor that the second print run of Fourth Edition was shipping to distributors. Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor? If it is true, any idea how long it should take to arrive?

Thanks!
Aku
does anyone else find it strange that this is coming from a retailer?
Azralon
Explains where he got his rumor from. smile.gif
Discount Games
It was a customer that sent me the rumor. Its not like my distributor actually gets communication from FanPro =P Whenever I ask about the release dates on FanPro products, thier responce is always, "We will know when it shows up in the warehouse".
Aku
well, no offense to your customer in particular, but alot of times, they'll say "i heard..." just to see if you've heard anything, without them actually ever had heard anything. i do it all the time at gamestop
Slacker
That sounds like the kind of cheap trick you'd pull Aku.
Why not just ask them straight out if they have heard anything about such and such game coming out, instead of making feable attempts at trickery?
Azralon
Because it's more psychologically potent to entice someone to correct false information than to reveal new information just by asking. smile.gif
Discount Games
That is one of the reasons I'm trying to verify things. cyber.gif
Feshy
That, and when you say "I heard a rumor" it piques their interest enough to go find out. Witness, for example, this thread. If you just ask "have you heard" they will say "no." Say "I have heard this rumor" and some people at least will attempt to verify it.
BlackHat
Verify it, or disprove it. Either way, your interests are served.
Azralon
Ahh, so perhaps Discount Games is playing us.

Dunn dun DUNNN!
Discount Games
Don't be a Player Hater! cool.gif
Discount Games
My distributor actually got some info today. He told me that it isn't the second print run, but the books that were damaged at the binder in the first print run are being rebound. They are shipping to Tennessee and then shipping to distributors.
Rob Boyle
I have no idea where this "damaged books being rebound" nonsense comes from, but it's not true.

The second printing of SR4 is currently on its way to the warehouse, and will be in stores soon.
Azralon
Now that's the kind of rumor I like. Thanks, Rob!
Discount Games
So, will the new books have the current errata in them?
RunnerPaul
They've stated such in the past. Not to mention, the English version of the Errata seems to have been "Frozen" for quite some time. I imagine they're planing on waiting for the Second Printing to hit the shelves before updating it further.

It's my guess that they don't want to get a rash of complaints along the lines of "what do you mean this copy doesn't have all the errata listed on the website?" Personally, I'd prefer continuous support, correcting problems as they crop up, instead waiting until they run out of a print run, and going "Oh, it's time to do another print run? Somone gather up a list of what we haven't corrected yet, it's time to update the errata."
blakkie
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
They've stated such in the past. Not to mention, the English version of the Errata seems to have been "Frozen" for quite some time. I imagine they're planing on waiting for the Second Printing to hit the shelves before updating it further.

Actually i expect changes past that errata on their web page. After it was posted Rob had posted in the Errata sticky thread looking for corrections to the sample characters by a deadline in late Septemeber. So i expect many of those will make it in. As for other errata items, such a few that made it into the last release of the PDF but aren't in that errata list on shadowrunrpg.com, i guess we'll see.
RunnerPaul
What's the turnaround time on a typical printer/binder company, from delivery of electronic layout file to receiving product that can be sent out to distributer's warehouses? I thought there was a rather large lead time on it.
Xavier Grimwand
I wish defective books (textual errors, too) were treated like other defective products... and replaced.
Grinder
That would probbably ruin half of the rpg-industry.
Critias
QUOTE (Grinder)
That would probbably ruin half of the rpg-industry.

Ironic.
Xavier Grimwand
lmao.
Fedifensor
So, what's the quickest way for us to tell a second print run book from a first print run?
Bearclaw
QUOTE (Discount Games)
My distributor actually got some info today. He told me that it isn't the second print run, but the books that were damaged at the binder in the first print run are being rebound. They are shipping to Tennessee and then shipping to distributors.

Talk about effective use of BS to get a straight answer from some one. I commend you sir notworthy.gif
Darkness
QUOTE (Fedifensor)
So, what's the quickest way for us to tell a second print run book from a first print run?

It's normaly found at the end of the credits after the table of contents.
Currently the books have the text "First Printing by FanPro LLC, Chicago, Illinois, USA. Printed in the USA" written there.
Samoth
How will we find out online? Will Shadowrunrpg.com release the news of a second printing, and will online stores tell you what prining you're buying?
JongWK
New prints are usually released when the previous ones are sold out.
RenoGM
Hey all, I just recieved my second copy of SR4 [Christmas gift for a friend] and it said in the credits
"Corrected Second Printing"
I checked through the book and compared it to my first print edition and it looks like all the known erratta was updated. Just letting you know.
Grinder
Have to check out my FLGS after christmas smile.gif
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (RenoGM)
Hey all, I just recieved my second copy of SR4 [Christmas gift for a friend] and it said in the credits
"Corrected Second Printing"
I checked through the book and compared it to my first print edition and it looks like all the known erratta was updated. Just letting you know.

All known errata? You mean everything that FanPro's acknowledged in the errata that they've posted to their website? Or does it also include things that have been identified as likely errors but that FanPro hasn't added to the official errata sheet yet?

In particular, I'm interested in the stats for spirits. Is reaction still a multiplier of force in your corrected second printing? The Germans have had that fixed on their version of the offical errata sheet for a while now, but the English version has nothing to say on the subject.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012