Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun and UFOs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowDragon8685
Okay, so here's what I was thinking...

Has anyone ever run an Area 51 themed game? Like, the Shadowrunners start delving into the past, and things that ought be left well alone, like Area 51, Roswell, and other UFO sightings?

Are the UFOs terrestrial, or extraterrestrial in nature?

Have the PCs ever seen aliens? Or shot at them? Or killed them and hawked them to Tanamous?
The Stainless Steel Rat
I once ran a campaign with a PC with the following flaw set:

Amnesia (lvl 2)
Phobia (The Grays)
Mysterious Cyberware

Yes, there were aliens...
JRDobbs
My only UFO encounter was based on the reaction of Earth's manasphere to a landed alien spacecraft. Given all the mutterings about the auroras being magical portals (to Jupiter?), I figured there was some fresh material thinking about alien magic/spirits/etc. Nothing like the ol' Glornap the Destroyer of Worlds totem....
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
Okay, so here's what I was thinking...

Has anyone ever run an Area 51 themed game? Like, the Shadowrunners start delving into the past, and things that ought be left well alone, like Area 51, Roswell, and other UFO sightings?

heheheheh...

Wait till my group get's a load of the next campaign Arc I have been working on.

[cue theremin with orchestra backup in the style of film composer Bernard Hermann]
DocMortand
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
[cue theremin with orchestra backup in the style of film composer Bernard Hermann]

Man, what kind of music do you listen to to know about theremins? Talk about obscure. (I'm a professional musician, and I only found out about it a couple of years ago)
Ancient History
A, c'mon Doc. Theremins are classical electronic music instruments (and if nothing else, are staples of old horror movie soundtracks).

They're heeerrrre....
brohopcp
I ran in a wonderful game once. We started on a spaceship as crew/hired security. It was then infested by Aliens and attacked by Predators. Needless to say, that went poorly for us...

I'm not sure how and I surely don't care, but we ended up on Earth in the U.S.A. during the 1940's. We we're quickly drafted and sent to Europe. Eventually the game became similar to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and had us facing crazy psycho occult nazis.

All in all, the game was by far the best I have ever been part of.
hobgoblin
sounds like someone have been mixing FPS and RPG games...
JRDobbs
Undoubtably the high-water mark of theremin virtuosity. Makes good gaming music, too.
eidolon
I haven't to run a UFO campaign yet, but It's been on my docket for years.
Clyde
I was in an "Independence Day" themed mission where we had to board the big spaceship from an Ares Dragon chopper. Several different runner teams and military units were in on it. Lots of shooting went on inside the thing - I think we eventually destroyed it.
JRDobbs
In the violent and gun-toting world of the 2070s, I can see a UFO run involving a cutaway to the newscast/screamsheet with the message "Please do not shoot at the alien spacecraft hovering over Seattle" (a la Independence Day).
ShadowDragon8685
What about sending Great Form Force 8 spirits and using Ram (vehicle version, delievered at range somehow) at it?
Snow_Fox
We were in a run once that might have been a Jerry Anderson type UFO situation or it just might have been a crazy corp. you know those AZT guards get weird. We didn't know and that added to the tension. were we facing human guards with itchy triggers or something alien and therefore unknown. When the dust, and ashes, and flying debris settled we still didn't, and still don't know.
Was is a secret corp base for their own stuff, an alien ship captured (a la Rosewell) or or an alien base on it's own?

The GM Is moving to New Mexico this month and still refuses to tell us.
Demon_Bob
Took the group to a nice quiet small town one time.
Took great pains in describing just how unwelcome the party was and how much they stood out. described all the townsfolk as looking oddly simular, as if they had not really interacted with very many people outside of their little town.
The entire town was made up of vat-grown enhanced humans with tailored DNA and the minds of an alien species from some distant planet.
The goal was to steal as many of these strange 3 cm metallic balls that contained the recorded consciousness of their leaders, secret agents, and prominent citizens.
They managed to escape with their lives and one ball. It contained the slightly damaged consciousness of the scientist who discovered this method of space travel.

An intelligent player with to little time asked the GM if he could make up a character for him as he was unfamiliar with 3rd ed rules.
The GM hesitated and I volunteered. The GM didn't mind and the other player didn't know me at the time so he agreed.
Wrote up two slightly different backgrounds, one for each of them.
He wanted to be a spellcaster, so I talked to the GM about altering the magic rules just a little for this character, for effect. Gave him all altered special effects touch/ no range spellss and a high unarmed combat skills. The secret was that he was an alien living inside a human host. The spell shapechange was made permanent and involved him leaping into a new host.
Snow_Fox
we talking autons here? Nestyn consciousness?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012