Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much do I see?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mortax
okay, so we are getting ready to do Harlequins back, and one of the PCs is duel natured. Um, so how does the whole them astrally perceving work in the metaplaner quests?

Thanks all!
Ancient History
They can't. Your critter-character has to rely on her physical senses only.
Chibu
But, being in the Metaplanes, doesn't one not have a body, and therefore are not exactly useing their 'physical' senses but, rather, have only one form of sight that is the same as anyone else there?

I agree that it translates into physical senses, but, is it actually the physical senses?
Kagetenshi
Yes, and everything is exactly as it appears.

The metaplanes are tricky, they switch things up on you like that.

~J
Lindt
Someone must have a shifter, ghoul, or be surged. Good luck with that one... Metaplanes are bus loads of fun.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Lindt)
Someone must have a shifter, ghoul, or be surged. Good luck with that one...

You forgot cyberzombie.
Tanka
Fat chance of that in our group.

(Member of Chibu/Mortax's group. Silly kids. nyahnyah.gif)
Ancient History
In Harlequin's Back, it specifically states one cannot astrally perceive or project. After all, you're already on the metaplanes. Your character is /effectively/ not-dual-natured for the course of the run.
Chibu
Ok, so, basically, I'm a human adept, who had astral perception. Due to strange circumstances, he has always been able to astrally percieve. since just after being born. Yes, i know this doean't usually happen, but, like i said, strange circumstances.

Anywho, usually, characters who are astrally percieving get a +4 (or something) to all mundane actions. But, since He has always been precieving, he has it backwords (house rule, obviously). He gets the plus to target numbers when he is NOT percieving.

Technically, he isn't actually dual-natured. But, effectively he is. So, the real question is, So I get target numbers for being in the metaplanes.
tisoz
Based on your house rule explanation, I would not impose modifiers while you are on the astral quest. For your character, this should be like seeing things clearly for the first time. What gives you modifiers on the physical plane is totally absent on the astral plane.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Lindt)
Metaplanes are bus loads of fun.

KKs been through it. Definitely a wild ride. Especially loved one particular segment (won't say which one so as not to spoil things).

spin.gif
Dog
I gotta admit, when I first read the thread description, I had the image of a hell-hound or something riding around in some kind of backpack configuration breathing flame from over the Laughing Man's shoulder. Amazing what comes from a single missing capitalization.

Sharaloth
The way I run the metaplanes it's more like spinning the prize wheel, you never know exactly what the rules will be from Metaplace to Metaplace. in one place all characters might seem to be perfectly normal humans (no cyber, bioware or magic-enhanced abilities at all, though initiates still get their hard-won astral pool), in another everyone has all their normal abilities, including their usual gear. There was this one where everyone else was normal, but the Free Spirit of the party got locked into a human form (it wasn't his home metaplane).

Metaplanar adventures are all sorts of crazy fun. But if you're running a module and it says you can't perceive or project, well then you can't perceive or project.
ShadowDragon8685
You also have Loftwyr and Harlequin as Player Characters. I think we can safely file your advice under the "Shadowrun Epic" catagory.

That said, it sounds neat.
Sharaloth
er, Lofwyr and Harlequin are not PC's, they're just helpful (or not so helpful) NPC's.

That said, you are completely correct in that it's 'Shadowrun Epic' territory.
Kyoto Kid
It was so epic, it nearly took a year for our group to slug through Harley's second game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012