Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ISBN for Limited Edition?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tisoz
I was looking for the ISBN of the limited edition and did not see it anywhere. Anyone have any idea what it is?
Rotbart van Dainig
My bet is that there isn't any - an ISBN costs money, too.
Elve
The english one doesn't seem to have one... (http://www.f-shop.de/index.php?sid=&goto=S...roduct&pid=7653)
The german one has: 3-8906-4775-8
blakkie
Hrrmmm, that's curious. I never noticed it didn't have one. I've only openned mine once before though, to check for those joined pages that some books have and to read the extra fiction. Not openning it is the best way to keep that that 'toxic, new book' smell. lick.gif
Valentinew
Every book has an ISBN. No exceptions.

If the english version does not have one on the outside, check the title page under the copyright info. It should be listed there.
Adam
Every book has an ISBN.  No exceptions.

Simply not true; books do not require an ISBN. However, major book chains won't even think of stocking a book if it doesn't have an ISBN.

If the english version does not have one on the outside, check the title page under the copyright info.  It should be listed there.

FanPro does not make a practice of putting the ISBN inside a book.

I don't have a copy of the limited edition kicking around, but I'm pretty sure that it does not have an ISBN listed. I don't remember if it was assigned one internally, but I doubt it, as it was never intended to be sold to the book trade, and the game trade generally doesn't care about ISBNs.
BookWyrm
Most "limited editions" are nothing more than a fancy overpriced cover which contains what's already in the other editions.
tisoz
My SR4 hard cover has a upc, an ISBN-10: 1-932564-66-7, and ISBN-13: 9781932564662 displayed on the back cover.

However the LE does not display it on the back cover and I could not find one on the inner pages where the copyright and printing info is found.

Regular hard cover is Fanpro 26000
LE is Fanpro 26001
Valentinew
I stand corrected.

I tried to get the LE, but they kept selling out.

Also, three of the jobs I've held throughout my life have been with major booksellers, so you can understand my presumption (I hope). I've never seen a book that didn't have an ISBN somewhere....
Adam
QUOTE (Valentinew)
Also, three of the jobs I've held throughout my life have been with major booksellers, so you can understand my presumption (I hope). I've never seen a book that didn't have an ISBN somewhere....

To the best of my knowledge, the only country that requires a book to have an ISBN is China -- and the government issues them, so you can bet that you won't get an ISBN if you want to publishing "Overthrowing the Country for Dummies" there.

I suspect that the largest portion of books that don't have ISBNs are self or vanity publishd POD books, and of course, few of those ever make it into big chain stores -- ISBN or not.

And again, SR4 Limited Edition may have an ISBN assigned to it by FanPro, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have one inside the book ... although that last week before going to press is kind of hazy. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012