Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BuzzKill
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Xavier Grimwand
I would first like to state that I thoroughly enjoyed BuzzKill. It's a great short story, and introduction to the world of Shadowrun.

It's definitely the first thing I would have someone read when introducing them to Shadowrun.

A quick question, though... Who wrote it?
Was it Rob?
Shadowrunner13
To my knowledge, it was written by Robyn King-Nitschke, a very talented Shadowrun fiction writer. She runs around here under the name Winterhawk.

SR13
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Xavier Grimwand)
I would first like to state that I thoroughly enjoyed BuzzKill.  It's a great short story, and introduction to the world of Shadowrun.

It's definitely the first thing I would have someone read when introducing them to Shadowrun.

A quick question, though... Who wrote it?
Was it Rob?

Nope, not Rob. As Shadowrunner13 says, I gotta take credit and/or blame for that one. smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words--I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that you considered it a good introduction to SR. That's what I was aiming at.
Xavier Grimwand
Very interesting. smile.gif

Did Robyn (read: you, if Robyn) write anything else for the SR4 book?
aussie elf
anybody else reading this just get a flashback of an old source book (sorry can't remember the one) when Dunkelzahn posted on shadowland. This was just in the side bar but cool none the less. But I'm new to the board so I guess I should get used to it.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Xavier Grimwand)

Yeah, it's me. In addition to Buzzkill, I wrote the "Life on the Edge" chapter, a couple of the little chapter-intro fiction pieces (can't remember which chapters off the top of my head--I think they might have been the Skills and Combat snippets), and the short story that appeared in the Limited Edition version (called "Reunion.")

Hi, my name's Rat and I write fluff. smile.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
....and the short story that appeared in the Limited Edition version (called "Reunion.")

Umm, question about that:

[ Spoiler ]
winterhawk11
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (winterhawk11 @ Dec 5 2005, 02:08 PM)
....and the short story that appeared in the Limited Edition version (called "Reunion.")

Umm, question about that:

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
blakkie
I liked the story.

[ Spoiler ]
TheHappyAnarchist
Any way of getting that story outside the LE?
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
QUOTE (Xavier Grimwand)

Yeah, it's me. In addition to Buzzkill, I wrote the "Life on the Edge" chapter, a couple of the little chapter-intro fiction pieces (can't remember which chapters off the top of my head--I think they might have been the Skills and Combat snippets), and the short story that appeared in the Limited Edition version (called "Reunion.")

Hi, my name's Rat and I write fluff. smile.gif

I always wanted to say these two words to the folks who made shadowrun:

Nice job!
blakkie
QUOTE (TheHappyAnarchist)
Any way of getting that story outside the LE?

Hey, for only $100US+shipping and i'll send you my LE. Only been openned twice, never laid flat or even openned past 90º, complete with that "toxic, new book" smell. smile.gif
ryanstone
Out of curiosity, what is LE?
winterhawk11
QUOTE (ryanstone)

Limited Edition. One of 1,000 black-leatherette-covered Shadowrun 4 editions, each one individually numbered, that were released at Gen Con. Some of them were sold through Studio 2, but they all went very fast.

They had one for SR3, too, which you'll hear being referred to around here as the BABY (Big All Black Yearbook). I suppose the new one could be a BABY too. smile.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (ryanstone @ Dec 6 2005, 05:15 PM)

Limited Edition. They are 1000 numbered SR4 core rules books bound in a simple dark, embossed cover with all the pages you find in the normal SR4 core rules plus the SR1/SR2 cover art, SR3 cover art, and SR4 cover art printed in colour inside the front and an extra story ("Reunion") at the end of the book.

P.S. I like mine, but suspect i don't appreciate it as much as some others might. I'm normally not much for collectables, they make me....nervous. So i am serious about being willing to sell it to someone that will appreciate it more than me. I had already offered, at my cost, to someone i knew who had initially planned on giving one to his sister (and also a good friend) for her birthday but had been too low on the local store list. But he already had gotten something else. Capitalism and lack of person-to-person contact being what it is, that judgement of appreciation is now going to be measured by cash.
Eugene
I just wanted to chime in and say that the fiction pieces in 4e are really good! And if you liked those, you should check out Winterhawk's site www.magespace.net, particularly (IMHO) the stories "Crossfire" and "Wrong Place, Wrong Time."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012