Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audio Counter-surveillance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr. Man
Found this very interesting link on Cryptome:

http://svconline.com/web_exclusives/sound_masking/

Strangely, I don't see any mention of white noise generators in the article (although there is a Google ad at the bottom of the page for them).
Kagetenshi
Many facilities, such as boardrooms […] do not have the budget for such measures

Bullshit.

~J
Shrike30
If you run a company with about 20 employees, you might have trouble justifying building a room-in-a-room in your budget. nyahnyah.gif Not all companies that want security are huge.

Good link, Mr. Man!
The Stainless Steel Rat
QUOTE (Shrike30)
Good link, Mr. Man!

I second. Excellent resource!
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Dec 8 2005, 11:54 AM)
Not all companies that want security are huge.

Not all companies that want security get it, either. If you've not got the money for proper protections, perhaps you shouldn't be dealing in such sensitive material.

~J, with little sympathy for the insecure

Postscript: I add my voice to the thanks for the link, though.
Shrike30
"Sensitive material" is relative, though. If you're a small corporation with a bright idea, you might not have the budget to really secure yourself. That idea, though, can make or break your company, especially if a bigger, nastier fish in the sea takes an interest in it...

Hell, I think I just described how about a third of shadowruns get started.
Kagetenshi
If you haven't secured a budget yet and your idea is already well-known enough that people are spending resources to surveil you, you've failed.

~J
Lindt
compared to corporate espenoige, room-in-a-room construction is cheap.

But thanks for the link, its abot to get used in an architecture project.
Shrike30
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
If you haven't secured a budget yet and your idea is already well-known enough that people are spending resources to surveil you, you've failed.

There's a difference between "securing a budget" and "being able to justify building a room in a room in your rented office space downtown when you could just buy a white noise generator."
Foreigner
Just don't make the mistake of building a SHADOWRUN version of Get Smart's infamous "Cone of Silence," because that thing never worked.

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012