Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What're the release date for SR4 sourcebooks?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
emo samurai
I'm really waiting for Street Magic and Unwired. Those two seem absolutely vital.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (emo samurai)
I'm really waiting for Street Magic and Unwired. Those two seem absolutely vital.

Street Magic is currently in development. Unwired will be awhile--there are a few other things in the pipeline before it, unless schedules get changed.
Mr. Man
What about the second printing of the core book?

Jaid
entirely dependant on how long it takes for the first printing to sell out, i would think.
Squinky

From Rob Boyle: "The second printing of SR4 is currently on its way to the warehouse, and will be in stores soon."

From here:http:
//forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=10906
Zen Shooter01
Emo, you will soon learn that "release dates" are for lesser games.
BookWyrm
"Unwired"? Which book is that? This is the first I've heard of it.
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (BookWyrm)

The Rigger/Hacker rules supplement for SR4.

-Frank
BookWyrm
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Dec 11 2005, 05:55 PM)

The Rigger/Hacker rules supplement for SR4.

-Frank

Thanks, Frank. I need some more info, like as seen on the main SR4 site.
FrankTrollman
This question comes up fairly frequently, so I just repost it each time:

There are three kinds of source books: game information books, setting books, and published adventures.

Game information books coming down the line are:

Street Magic (Magic)
Arsenal (Equipment + Vehicles)
Gamemaster's Screen
Augmentation (Cyberware + Medicine)
Unwired (Rigging + Hacking)
Running Wild (Paranormal Animals + rules for playing non-humans)

Then the crystal ball gets darker, because I don't think titles have been announced. But there will probably be a Companion, which may get divided up into a Gamemaster's Guide and a Player's Guide.

According to their site, setting books coming down the line are:

Runner Havens (Hong Kong and Seattle, also some other hot spots like Hamburg)
Corp Zones (Don't know where this will be, maybe Zurich?)
Feral Places (Probably Chicago, maybe Tortuga?)

The smart money is on the next plot book featuring one or more of themajor players or items new to SR4. So it would probably focus on Evo, Horizon, Neonet, or Sprites/Technomancers since those things have never gotten a writeup before.

-Frank
ElFenrir
I can't wait for Street Magic. Right now we pretty much have to go by revamping of certain spells and adept powers before it appears. Luckily there are some good places on this forum to see how they were converted, but it will be nice to have something official.
dog_xinu
This question comes up fairly frequently, so I just repost it each time

well it comes up alot since we are all waiting for the books and there is no information on when they might be coming out. I udnerstand release dates slip and you dont want customers relying on a date and not being able to make it. But give the quarter or even the half of of the year it is targetted for would be helpful.

I am impatient too and want the books now now now... but I will wait like everyone else.

dx
Lucyfersam
Street magic and Runner Havens were solicited in Previews for release this month. Now, I don't believe for a second that will happen, but they should be coming up in not too long. No idea for the rest.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Lucyfersam)
Street magic and Runner Havens were solicited in Previews for release this month. Now, I don't believe for a second that will happen, but they should be coming up in not too long. No idea for the rest.

True. One can only order and hope. Even if it does become backlogged, I try to check a few other gaming stores in my general area. For Example, when a particular game book I like is overdue, I check Compleat Strategist & see if they get it in first. If so, I let my local hobby shop know it's available & pick it up there within a week or two.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
QUOTE (Lucyfersam @ Dec 12 2005, 08:53 PM)
Street magic and Runner Havens were solicited in Previews for release this month.  Now, I don't believe for a second that will happen, but they should be coming up in not too long.  No idea for the rest.

True. One can only order and hope. Even if it does become backlogged, I try to check a few other gaming stores in my general area. For Example, when a particular game book I like is overdue, I check Compleat Strategist & see if they get it in first. If so, I let my local hobby shop know it's available & pick it up there within a week or two.

I'm quite sure that Street Magic won't be available this month--it's still being written, and after that comes editing and layout, so no way will it be out before the end of the year.

I'm not as sure what stage Runner Havens is in at this point except that it's quite a bit further along than Street Magic, so I can't say anything else with any degree of certainty. If I had to take a guess, though, I'd say don't look for that one until after the first of the year either. Unless something unexpected happens, Runner Havens will be out before Street Magic (as will On the Run and probably the GM's Screen).
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
Street magic and Runner Havens were solicited in Previews for release this month.  Now, I don't believe for a second that will happen, but they should be coming up in not too long.  No idea for the rest.

OT: looks like there is a new yorker in the crowd. I used to like in brooklyn, 1 stop away from manhatton. The Compleat Strategist was the only game store I went to. Only one I really new for that matter. But I only lived in the area for a few years, and just went where my gaming group went.

Back in the bay area where I live, and I know of more stores, but only Gator games is close to where i live. I go to san jose fairly often so I hit stores there as well.

As for the main subject, having worked in a comic book store and being familiar with previews, well its highly inacurate with times. It gives best guesses at the time there told about it. Statues, games, videos it all comes in way late frequently.
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
I'm quite sure that Street Magic won't be available this month--it's still being written, and after that comes editing and layout, so no way will it be out before the end of the year.

well since its still being written they should totally put in BF, and FA spell rules, and rules for different styles of area of effects, like cones or PBAoE.

Maybe if I put this in enough places they'll think about it. smile.gif

Ok I'm too lazy to do it more than twice unless there's like a prime oportunity that screams for it.
BookWyrm
See below posting.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist)
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Dec 12 2005, 04:16 PM)

OT: looks like there is a new yorker in the crowd. I used to like in brooklyn, 1 stop away from manhatton. The Compleat Strategist was the only game store I went to. Only one I really new for that matter. But I only lived in the area for a few years, and just went where my gaming group went.

Back in the bay area where I live, and I know of more stores, but only Gator games is close to where i live. I go to san jose fairly often so I hit stores there as well.

As for the main subject, having worked in a comic book store and being familiar with previews, well its highly inacurate with times. It gives best guesses at the time there told about it. Statues, games, videos it all comes in way late frequently.

Yep, I'm a Long Islander born & raised, but I travel into Manhattan most every chance I get. I like The Strat, it's within walking distance of Penn Station, they've got just about everything (replaced my worn copy of Grimtooth's Traps I thanks to them a while back), and sometimes some of my favorite game designer's do appearances there.

Yeah, Previews can be plenty inaccurate with their release dates, but it's better than relying on worse-than-innacurate word of mouth.
boskop-albatros
just need to ask-where is Tortuga?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (boskop-albatros)
just need to ask-where is Tortuga?

Tortuga is in Aztlan. On the Yucatan peninsula. Overgrown by out of control plants with magically accelerated growth (when they already grew faster than some animals walk), torn apart by civil war, regularly bombarded with toxic chemicals and spirits, Totuga is just about the most "feral city" in the Shadowrun world.

That doesn't mean it will make the cut, I'm just guessing.

-Frank
JongWK
Frank, are you talking about Tortuga Island? The pirate haven? That's north of Haiti.

EDIT: Minor typo.
BookWyrm
Isn't that in one of the Target books? Smuggler's Havens?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (JongWK)
Frank, are you talking about Tortuga Island? The pirate haven? That north of Haiti.

Oops. Yes I was. When I originally wrote that tirade, I was guessing a smuggler haven (thinking that "feral cities" probably included "lawless pirate ports"), but just then I had a brain fart and started talking about Cancun or Merida.

Disregard that message, I was on crack or something. I apologize.

Of course, looking back on it, Merida or Cancun do seem like likely candidates for Feral Cities.

-Frank
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
This question comes up fairly frequently, so I just repost it each time:

There are three kinds of source books: game information books, setting books, and published adventures.

Game information books coming down the line are:

Street Magic (Magic)
Arsenal (Equipment + Vehicles)
Gamemaster's Screen
Augmentation (Cyberware + Medicine)
Unwired (Rigging + Hacking)
Running Wild (Paranormal Animals + rules for playing non-humans)

Then the crystal ball gets darker, because I don't think titles have been announced. But there will probably be a Companion, which may get divided up into a Gamemaster's Guide and a Player's Guide.

According to their site, setting books coming down the line are:

Runner Havens (Hong Kong and Seattle, also some other hot spots like Hamburg)
Corp Zones (Don't know where this will be, maybe Zurich?)
Feral Places (Probably Chicago, maybe Tortuga?)

The smart money is on the next plot book featuring one or more of themajor players or items new to SR4. So it would probably focus on Evo, Horizon, Neonet, or Sprites/Technomancers since those things have never gotten a writeup before.

-Frank

Oh i am so eager.

Why do you do this? I feel it's more inportant than Annual gift man day.
Tarko
Altho I'm pretty sure we'll have writte-ups of Technomancers in 'Unwired', can we belive there will be a book exclusivly on Technomancers? Like a mix between StreetMagic and Unwired for technomancers, because there is alot , I guess, to say about them, the mecanics, the sprites, the meta-reality, etc...
Winter
Dates according to Amazon.com:

Street Magic -- February 28, 2006.
Runner Havens -- January 30, 2006.
Shadowrun 4 GM Screen -- January 16, 2006.

That's all I could find at the moment, assuming they are on time (which as we all know Shadowrun books... rotate.gif )
stevebugge
QUOTE (Winter)

That's all I could find at the moment, assuming they are on time (which as we all know Shadowrun books... rotate.gif )

Add 45-60 days to the Amazon date and your probably in the ball park
emo samurai
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!
Azralon
QUOTE (emo samurai)

I believe you.
Critias
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Dec 30 2005, 12:13 PM)

It's important to take the pills every day, just like the label on the side of the prescription bottles say.
BookWyrm
Thanks for the dates, Winter. cool.gif
Akimbo
QUOTE (stevebugge)
QUOTE (Winter @ Dec 30 2005, 08:56 AM)

That's all I could find at the moment, assuming they are on time (which as we all know Shadowrun books...  rotate.gif )

Add 45-60 days to the Amazon date and your probably in the ball park

That's about right. Amazon.com has a horrible reputation with dates.
Zen Shooter01
Emo, look, you're new - so take this from an old SR veteran. You've got to take release dates like Neo takes spoons, or you'll bleed from the eyes.

There is no release date.
RunnerPaul
So true. It's like when I would walk 2 blocks down the street to my Friendly Local Gaming Shop every day after High School to check to see if they'd gotten in SR2 yet. I didn't worry about it or get frustrated when it wasn't there. I just waited until the next day and checked again.
Shalimar
SR4 wasn't close to being on time, why believe anything about any release date at this point? Shrug, its not like people expect companies to do what they say they'll do, why that would be expecting professionalism, and we all know that thats a no no.
RunnerPaul
Well, in FanPro's defense, they said there would be copies available for sale at GenCon, and guess what, there were copies available for sale at GenCon. It's just the rest of the world that got it months late.
BookWyrm
With any luck, I can snag my copies of those books at ICON.
September
This calls for open-source sourcebooks.
emo samurai
Dude, wikisourcebook!
Mr.Platinum
last post was Jan 28.

Anyone have any updates on release dates yet?
mintcar
There is no release date

We will have to make that a Dumpshock mantra, and we'll all be alot happier from it. Don't even take notice when the release date is revealed, just wait until it's in the store.
Mr.Platinum
aww, thats blows donkey-goat.

oh well, it happens.
emo samurai
What the hell is donkey-goat?
blakkie
I'm not sure, but apparently it gets blown. Lucky bastard.
stevebugge
QUOTE (emo samurai)
What the hell is donkey-goat?

I bet it's related to swordfish mustardball grinbig.gif
emo samurai
Is swordfish mustardball just something really random and meaningless?
stevebugge
Pretty much
Deadjester
There is always Mountain Oysters, hmm hehe
emo samurai
There is always Mountain Oysters, hmm hehe

No, you did NOT just start a meme!! You did NOT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012