Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrunrpg.com
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zen Shooter01
Let me be the first to plunge into a maelstrom of paranoia and wishful thinking regarding Adam's post at srrpg that "one or two" more SR books may become available as ebooks before the end of the year.

Are these going to be SR3 or SR4? After all, Havens, Street Magic, On The Run, and the screen are all listed as "upcoming"...
Backgammon
There's NO WAY they ae getting 2 SR4 book out the door anytime soon. I don't expect another SR4 book until February, personally. So we're probably looking at SR3 books.
Zen Shooter01
But keep in mind that the ebooks of SR4, SF, and SoA were all available long before the hardcopies. Measuring from when the ebooks came out, it might be possible...although I agree unlikely.
Synner
Shadows of Asia and System Failure were the last SR3 books from FanPro.

The first two releases under SR4 will be On The Run and the GM screen (+ booklet). FanPro is looking into having one or both of these available in ebook format before the end of the year (they would be going to printers at approximately the same time, but would not reasonably hit stores until late January given the traditional industry-wide post-holiday production and logistics hangovers). However, at this point its still uncertain whether they will be ready, hence Adam's post.

Runner Havens is in editing, but will undoubtedly be an early 2006 release.

Street Magic is currently in development and is slated for a first quarter 2006 release too.
Tanka
QUOTE (Synner @ Dec 12 2005, 07:18 AM)
Shadows of Asia and System Failure were the last SR3 books from FanPro.

The first two releases under SR4 will be On The Run and the GM screen (+ booklet). FanPro is looking into having one or both of these available in ebook format before the end of the year (they would be going to printers at approximately the same time, but would not reasonably hit stores until late January given the traditional industry-wide post-holiday production and logistics hangovers). However, at this point its still uncertain whether they will be ready, hence Adam's post.

Street Magic is currently in development and is slated for a first quarter 2006 release too.

Logistics hangovers? You sure those aren't regular hangovers? grinbig.gif

(Emphasis mine.)
Shrike30
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
But keep in mind that the ebooks of SR4, SF, and SoA were all available long before the hardcopies. Measuring from when the ebooks came out, it might be possible...although I agree unlikely.

What? People have hardcopies already?

Every place I've checked in Seattle of all places is backordered...
dog_xinu

this is the first dates I have heard of (and I am glad I heard them!). Everything seems to be TBD or future. I wish FanPro would give a little more details about release dates. Even what Quarter they are targeting would be good.

dx
Jaid
maybe it's just me, but...

electronic GM's screen?

doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the screen portion of that phrase?
BishopMcQ
Shrike--Try Genesis Games and Gizmos in the lovely Redmond barrens...they've had SR4 at the very least. I picked up SoA at GenCon so I'm not sure if Genesis has it or not...
Ranneko
QUOTE (Jaid)
maybe it's just me, but...

electronic GM's screen?

doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the screen portion of that phrase?

Less than you might think, after all, if you have a physical GM screen for another system, then all it takes is paperclips and a printout to convert from say, Feng Shui to SR4.
Azralon
Or you can just stand your open laptop on its side. biggrin.gif
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (Shrike30)
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Dec 11 2005, 04:40 PM)

What? People have hardcopies already?

hell shrike, check borders books and Barnes and Knobles, B&K has it down here in fort worth
Adam
QUOTE (Shrike30)

I see this quote come up every couple of months, sometimes as a game reference, sometimes as a point of actual confusion, so just to clarify something: Shadowrun products are not printed in or near Seattle, and with the game distribution system the way it is, there's little chance that Seattle would get products before other American cities. FanPro is located in Chicago, [usually] prints in the Chicago area, and warehouses in Tennessee.
stevebugge
So, production in Chicago. Warehouse in Tennesee, 2-7 days trucking from Chicago to most points in Tennessee. If the Tennessee ware house is the distributor, it would be 2-10 days to stores once the order is processed and shipped (estimate 5 days to process and order), if the Tennessee Warehouse ships to distibutors not retail stores than add another week or so for distributors to process and ship to retail stores, and 2-3 days to go from distributors to retail stores. So best case maybe 12 working days from release date to the streets worst case maybe 25 working days after release.
BookWyrm
I'll have to agree with stevebugge. Placing an advanced order via Previews pretty much acts like a 'reserve', with no real guarantee that the book will be in, but it's better than waiting for said book to come in by other means.
Aladar
Thats all fine and good, But I STILL want a copy Shadows of Latin America released in some form before Xmas, its done, just let it out for petes sake!
BookWyrm
I'm with you, Aladar. Holostreets is taking too long!
SL James
Which Christmas?
Azralon
QUOTE (SL James)
Which Christmas?

2004!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012