Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your cheat sheets....
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Solstice
I'm toying with the idea of making up a one or two page cheat sheet containing some pertinent tables and other data not contained in the GM screen. While the GM screen is great but can't posslby contain everything needed for quick reference during a run involving riggers etc.

So, post up your cheat sheets if you have them hosted and if not explain what you find handy to have on yours?

Thanks.
warrior_allanon
cheat sheets for us include,

page references for rules, range table, modifier table. just to name a few
Taran
The PCs' Intelligence and Willpower.
Everybody's vision mods (eye lights and so forth), plus the relevant Sensors data for the rigger.
All the perception mods.
The Assensing table.
Chibu
If you have arigger, it's nice to have the Flux range table.
Slump
I've noticed that, for riggers at least, Flux only has two values: To much and Not Enough. I don't think we've ever had a run where we went outside of the expected (and thus accounted for) ranges. Flux just isn't that important except in preparation, and hopefully your rigger has the ranges himself for the prep part of a run.

Sure, Flux 0 has a range of 250 meters (which covers alot of ground), but get up to flux of like 3 and we're talking miles. I think the most absurd was the street sam with a flux 8 DNI radio. If I recall correctly, that's over 21 miles.
Chibu
*shrug* sometimes people get seperated.
Westiex
If you have arigger, it's nice to have the Flux range table.

8 pages in total just for rigging. Another set for decking (not that I ever used either) and a full page showing karma costs for mundanes, racial attributes and 95% of the weapon ranges in SR3 core and CC.
Kyoto Kid
As a GM, I use the "Lost Tables" download (SR3). This is basically all the pertinent tables for combat modifiers, weapon ranges, Scatter, etc that turn my notebook PC into an electronic GM's screen.

As a player, I have:

an Excel spreadsheet for deck and programme design that calculates successes in relation to time for performing a build or programme task. It has cells for entering the target number, and base time for each task performed (Hardware, Software, Deck/Programme design plan etc.) it has formulas which convert hours into decimals of a working day (8 hrs) and working months (20 days) I am expanding it to also function as a GMs decking cheat sheet which will keep track of Node rating, Security tally, Deck persona modes, performing system tests, Cyber combat etc. Basically it will be a tool that should help in streamlining the decking process during game play

This will also become the basis for a skill learning/improvement. utility. As with the Deck spreadsheet, The player/GM will have tho option of rolling dice and inputting the number of successes or using the auto dice roller.

Finally, I am planning to work up an interactive electronic GM's aid that keeps track of and (where appropriate) calculates in the various basic modifiers, for range, wound effect, initiative action phases Skill tests, (both open & fixed), that will include data for PCs and NPCs.

This is of course all for SR3.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Slump)
I've noticed that, for riggers at least, Flux only has two values: To much and Not Enough. I don't think we've ever had a run where we went outside of the expected (and thus accounted for) ranges. Flux just isn't that important except in preparation, and hopefully your rigger has the ranges himself for the prep part of a run.

Sure, Flux 0 has a range of 250 meters (which covers alot of ground), but get up to flux of like 3 and we're talking miles. I think the most absurd was the street sam with a flux 8 DNI radio. If I recall correctly, that's over 21 miles.

Sometimes it matters whether your sensors will reach 40 kilometers or only 35.

~J
Fix-it
E=IR, W=Isquared/R, Xc=1/ 2pi fC, C=Q/V...

oh wait. did you mean shadowrun? biggrin.gif
Glock-9mm
SR3 Crib Sheet. http://www.rpgsheets.com/cgi-bin/arcdb.cgi...tion=dl&id=3377
blakkie
I like Veggisama's for SR4.

EDIT: I do like to see less white space and less pages, but he's got very good coverage of the rules, references, and such.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012