Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a talismonger?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
Does that mean they rely overmuch on talismans for magic?
FrankTrollman
It's like a "fishmonger". Someone who sells talismans.

But close.

-Frank
VarMidnight
The Talismonger is the Mages best friend, or worst enemy because he can also sell you a load of crap if he doesn't like you, or he can get you the superduperdeluxeubar focus item you have been looking for, for ages. Talismongers are for Mages what the Mechanic is for a Rigger, the Deckmaster was for a Decker (now with Comlinks i think Deckmasters need a new name to ^^) or the Streetdoc is for the Streetsam.
phasmaphobic
QUOTE (VarMidnight)
The Talismonger is the Mages best friend

Heh, no, the mage's best friends are the samurai who keeps his back covered when the JuJu fails, and the decker who gets him the paydirt =)
BlackHat
QUOTE (VarMidnight)
...the Deckmaster was for a Decker (now with Comlinks i think Deckmasters need a new name to ^^) ...

I propose "Commonger"? Or how about "Radio-Shack Customer Service Representative"?

Actually, since Deckers got renamed to Hackers, we could call them "Hackmongers"...
emo samurai
HACKMEISTER!!!!!!!!HEEEHEEEHEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Ancient History
What's a Nubian?
Azralon
Heh, AH.

If I may: "What's a n00bian?"
emo samurai
What's a Nubian?

Where did THAT come from?
blakkie
A very funny scene from a funny movie. nyahnyah.gif
emo samurai
I don't remember that being from "Chasing Amy."
blakkie
QUOTE (emo samurai)

[ Spoiler ]
Azralon
Here's the script.
ThatSzechuan
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Dec 15 2005, 01:44 PM)

[ Spoiler ]

To be particularly specific,
[ Spoiler ]
RunnerPaul
And in keeping with the reciprocal but unspoken "You put references to my movies in yours, I'll put references to your movies in mine" relationship that seems to have sprung up between Kevin Smith and George Lucas, the proper answer to "What's a Nubian?" in the context of Star Wars would be "A starship manufactured by the Shipyards of planet Nubia, typically characterized by luxury interiors, mirror-like hulls, and sweeping lines. One major customer of the Nubian Shipyards was the planetary government of Naboo."

(Though, that's not my favorite reciprocal reference. That distinction goes to the fact that Count Dooku's dueling-style lightsabre strongly resembles the curve of Silent Bob's bong-shaped bluntsabre from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.)
emo samurai
How do you put in spoiler windows?
FrankTrollman
[ Spoiler ]

-Frank
emo samurai
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012