Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fastjack and Echo Mirage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
According to Target: Matrix, there are rumors that Fastjack was a member of Echo Mirage. I don't remember reading these rumors anywhere. What's out there in canon to back this theory up?

The Abstruse One
Synner
The ones I read were mostly on Dumpshock. nyahnyah.gif
DV8
As far as canon material has revealed Fastjack was not part of Echo Mirage. I would refer you to Ancient History's article "Echos of the Crash" but it seems his site is down at the moment.
Ancient History
Wha? Works fine for me...

There's no proof that Fastjack was part of Echo Mirage, though he would have been nearly 30 at the time, as I recall.
BIG BAD BEESTE
I wonder what he thinks to all of these young whippersnapper Otaku kids running rampant without parental supervision in his friendly neighbourhood hosts?
Abstruse
Some of them he likes, some of them he don't. He's too close to the Denver Data Haven to not like then, but check out the Renraku Shutdown book for how he feels about the little kiddies that try to screw with the Nexus.

The Abstruse One
BitBasher
FastJack wasnt part of echo mirage but Damien Knight (AKA David Gavilan) was.
Abstruse
And so was Alice Haeffer, the president's first wife, who was "KIA". However, in Target: Matrix it said there were persistant rumors that Fastjack was part of Echo Mirage. I was wondering if this was ever mentioned anywhere else in canon, which apparently it wasn't.

It does make a lot of sense though. He's the right age, and it would explain why he's just that damn good...

The Abstruse One
EVLTIM
Blood in the Boordroom maybe . I think I recall a blurb about fastjack in there somewhere . I know Knight was outed there .
Dr Komuso
As far as I know there's not been any canon evidence he was, but personally I've always had him as such. Fastjack plus the Mirage AI plus the team's deckers have been a very fun way of setting up for taking Deus down in a very modified version of Brainscan.
Siege
Until they actually list the Echo Mirage team members and absolutely confirm Fastjack's history, there will always be a chance --> one way or another.

-Siege
Didn't FASA or FanPro(WizKids) give Fastjack's real name in canon somewhere. I just thought it was out there somewhere and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I know he was born 1999. So he would be very old compared to plenty of other deckers by 2063.

I guess I just want to figure out the most that you can about him.
Abstruse
Nope, no real name.

The Abstruse One
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012