Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aliens
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
redwulf25_ci
Has anyone created the Aliens (from the movie of the same name) for use with Shadowrun 4 (or from previous editions I can convert from)?
Ancient History
Invae + venom.
redwulf25_ci
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Invae + venom.

Don't have my Shadowrun 4th book, is this in there? If it's from an ealier edition what suplement? I'm afraid I'm more familiar with charicter stuff than the various splat books that had para-critters in them.
FrankTrollman
Ancient's use of the word "Invae" is perhaps needlessly confusing for players of Shadowrun who are not players of Earthdawn. The Invae is the Earthdawn name for Insect Spirits who were present in every single edition of Shadowrun (apearing in such books as Queen Euphoria, The Universal Brotherhood, The Grimoire, Awakenings, Bug City, Threats, and many many others).

Insect Spirits make very good models of the aliens from Alien because they are quite clearly inspired by Alien in their method of reproduction and look and feel. That and the healthy hatred for California Hippies that the original Seattle authors enjoyed and you've pretty much got the entire UB plotline.

Insect spirits do not have a 4th edition writeup yet. However, since every single other magic book ever has contained descriptions of them, I can only imagine that they'll be back in Street Magic.

Some people posted some Insect conversions, if you you search the old threads for "insect spirits" you'll find some writeups.

-Frank
Ancient History
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
Ancient's use of the word "Invae" is perhaps needlessly confusing for players of Shadowrun who are not players of Earthdawn.

Bah! nyahnyah.gif
emo samurai
The original authors hated Seattle hippies?
Squinky
Who dosen't?
Oracle
>deleted due to irrelevance, first think, then post<

JongWK
Chris Kubasik based the UB on his own experiences with Scientology.
JongWK
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
Ancient's use of the word "Invae" is perhaps needlessly confusing for players of Shadowrun who are not players of Earthdawn.

Actually, I believe "Invae" is used somehwere in Shadowrun (Harlequin's Back and the short story between Dunkelzahn and Harlequin).
Large Mike
Getting back on the Aliens topic (not to step on AH&Jong's bits), yes, I have created Aliens under Shadowrun rules, but it was third edition rules.

I'll see if I can find it, update it, and get it on here.

Back in a jiffy (if something shiny doesn't distract me).
Large Mike

Right, this was the first chance I got to actually create something under the 4th ed rules, so it's probably *way* off. Nitpick freely. I'll probably try it again when I'm better versed in this edition.

Xenomorph

Body 6
Agility 6
Reaction 5
Strength 5
Charisma 1
Intuition 5
Logic 1
Willpower 3
Initiative 10
Edge 3
Essence 3
IP 3

Skills: Unarmed Combat 4, Infiltration 4, Perception 3, Shadowrin 4

Powers: Natural Attack:Bite (5DV, 0AP), Corrosive Blood* (6DV, Half Impact)
Weaknesses: Allergy, Moderate (Fire)

*Corrosive Blood: I had to invent a power here. Way I'm figuring it, anyone dealing the xenomorph damage within melee range is going to have to deal with 6DV and half impact Acid damage anytime they do so. If that seems right out of whack to you, I offer two bits of advice: 1) Say so, preferably with a suggestion on how to better make it work 2) Don't melee aliens.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (JongWK)
Chris Kubasik based the UB on his own experiences with Scientology.

The connections also showed up in the cover art, particularly the billboard for the UB up in the corner that parroted the volcano themed advertising for Scientology's entry level-primer book, Dianetics, that was commonplace in the late 80s and early 90s.
redwulf25_ci
Whoops, quoted the wrong one.
redwulf25_ci
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Right, this was the first chance I got to actually create something under the 4th ed rules, so it's probably *way* off. Nitpick freely. I'll probably try it again when I'm better versed in this edition.

Xenomorph

Body 6
Agility 6
Reaction 5
Strength 5
Charisma 1
Intuition 5
Logic 1
Willpower 3
Initiative 10
Edge 3
Essence 3
IP 3

Skills: Unarmed Combat 4, Infiltration 4, Perception 3, Shadowrin 4

Powers: Natural Attack:Bite (5DV, 0AP), Corrosive Blood* (6DV, Half Impact)
Weaknesses: Allergy, Moderate (Fire)

*Corrosive Blood: I had to invent a power here. Way I'm figuring it, anyone dealing the xenomorph damage within melee range is going to have to deal with 6DV and half impact Acid damage anytime they do so. If that seems right out of whack to you, I offer two bits of advice: 1) Say so, preferably with a suggestion on how to better make it work 2) Don't melee aliens.

Sweet. I assume these are for the soldier (or what ever you call them) evolution of the Alien, from this I should be able to work up facehuggers, queens, etc. I'm thinking of using Aliens as something a biotech corp came up with as living weapons.
stevebugge
ZERG!

Actually this could tie in nicely to those photos in Dunklezhan's will.....

And in a topic related in only the loosest most tangental fashion......

http://www.alienlovespredator.com
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (stevebugge)
ZERG!

Actually this could tie in nicely to those photos in Dunklezhan's will.....

Or to some weird bio-research labs...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012