Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Glitch Tables?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Veggiesama
Anyone ever come up with any common random glitch tables? Or at least short lists of what could be done with certain common actions, say glitching on a firearms test?

I'd like to put together a supplement to my GM Screen, like a complete list of all the glitches in the book (for ease of reference) along with other clever (but relatively minor) problems that could arise with glitching on common tests.

As an aside, one problem I've been having with glitches is how they increase in frequency on more difficult firearms tests. In one session, I had a relatively powerful sniper (5 agi + 3 longarms + 2 smartlink = 10 dice on tests) who was taking potshots at a player through cover. The sniper received major penalties (10 - 1 for being behind cover himself - 6 for blindfiring and agility 5 turned to intuition 3 for blindfiring), leaving him with a single die for tests. Two or three times (during a long pinned-down sequence) he would roll a 1, thus necessitating a critical glitch. I simply threw them out, because shooting at a log and critical glitching (which I interpreted as something as the weapon backfiring, his branch support breaking out from other him, dropping his weapon, etc.) more made no sense than shooting an enemy and not glitching as much. Thoughts?
pragma
A solution which deals with this particular situation, though not very extensibly, is restraining critical glitches to rolling ones on more than half of the unmodified dice pool instead of the modified dice pool. This, on the other hand renders people who are doing backflips through smoke immune to shooting their teammates. Like I said, not very extensible.

A much better solution would be having a more reasonable glitch for the situation For example -- a critical glitch for your sniper could represent completely losing track of the target. In fact, this would save him from having to roll when he shot until he could reasonably reaquire the target and thus prevents further glitches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012