Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ED and SR conversions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
durthang
First off, I’d just like to say hi. Long time reader, first time poster and all.

Ok, now that that’s done, here’s my question. Has anyone tried, and more importantly, succeeded in finding a way to convert the stats from one gaming system to the other?

Basically, I’m a long time ED player, and would love to see what an ED adept could do in the SR universe. I’ve worked out a rough story that my GM is considering, but it’s all moot without a way to covert the stats.

Any help, even if only partial ideas, is greatly appreciated.
TinkerGnome
I seem to remember hearing someone say divide the base stats by 3 and add in the SR racial mods. Your initiate grade is probably your circle x 2 or so. Either represent the magical classes by making them full mages or magician adepts (I'm fond of the second). Figure out how you're going to represent spell matricies (a modified form of Filtering, probably) and thread weaving. Oh, and spell drain (which may not exist for spells cast from Matricies, in exchange for casting speed).

Also try here for possible help and this recent thread here.

For what it's worth, I'm seriously thinking about starting up a conversion project. It'll be fnu. Which is like fun, but different.
durthang
Thanks for the links. I'm not sure how I missed the more recent thread.
durthang
Though, there is one thing I didn't find in those links. How have people handled the defenses in ED, in particular bonuses to them?

Example: A character from ED has a rank three thread woven to a pair of thread boots. This thread provides +3 to his physical defense. What would this mean in SR? Add 3 dice to a dodge pool?
Abstruse
I'd say 3/3 armor...or maybe 0/3...I don't know, I've never actually played ED...

The Abstruse One
TinkerGnome
I'm doing some research on the topic and I've found this and this. They don't directly address the issue of magic items, but they're a help for other things, though I don't think I would use spell matricies quite that way.
durthang
Thanks Tinker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012