Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where in the world ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Angenoir
Hi all

I want to know, if someone know where is in the world the Black forest troll kingdom. I have read that name in the corebook of Shadowrun 4 (p50).

Thank a lot
FrankTrollman
It's part of the Allied German States. Schwarzwald is to the West of Bavaria.

-Frank
Haughtyelf
IIRC, Germany.

Angenoir
Thank, I must tell... I have never read German sourcebook or Shadow of Europe... Must I ? biggrin.gif
Synner
Appropriately enough its in the Black Forest (in Germany). Besides the German language material (DiDS2 being the most recent), it was first mentioned in the SR1 English-language Germany sourcebook and most recently updated in Dragons of the Sixth World (there's a connection between the country and a great dragon called Kaltenstein) and obviously Shadows of Europe.
Butterblume
Just to add some flavor: in native language "Black Forest" is the "Schwarzwald", "black forest troll kingdom" would be "Schwarzwälder Troll Königreich", or "Troll Königreich Schwarzwald", as i think is refered to in the german books.

It is mostly known for the "Schwarzwälder Schinken", basically a smoked ham, "Schwarzwälder Kirsch Torte", a pie with cherries, and is the ancestral home of the cuckoo clock.

In SR it might be known to most trolls for being a troll kingdom. Or not wink.gif.
Grinder
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
It's part of the Allied German States. Schwarzwald is to the West of Bavaria.

-Frank

It's closer to "Baden-Würtemberg" than to "Bayern" (=bavaria). It's not very important for foreigners and people of north germany, but those southsiders take this matter very serious. wink.gif
Shadowmeet
... is Carmen Sandiego

Sorry, couldn't resist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012