Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brain Haven.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr.Platinum
Oh i was re reading New Steattle and read about Brain Haven, is it a data haven?
stevebugge
No it's a neighborhood in the Redmond Barrens, specifically down near the southern end of the District just off of I-90, west of Lake Sammamish and below the Issaquah Plateau. Laughing Jacobs Lake and Yellow lake look to mark the north boundry. Today the area is marked by large developments of rapidly built cloned houses, averageing about 2200 square feet, mostly built during the Dot Com boom of the 90's. Also these neighborhoods appear to have built while straight line roads were out of fashion, main roads are long and straight with loop road style developments and cul de sacs off of the loops. The area is rural some wooded areas left along steep slopes and in green belts.
Mr.Platinum
ok. Thanks Chummer.
stevebugge
I'll do a Security zone map of it if I have time tonight

http://www.stevebugge.com/Shadowrun/Redmon...rain_Heaven.pdf

And Here it is, pretty easy when the whole neighborhood is an E zone, Glow City BTW is just to the north on the North Side of Beaver Lake, Which feeds Issaquah Creek which runs through Brain Heaven, draw your own conclusions on contaminants.

IRL my parents own property on Beaver Lake, in 2005 it's a pretty nice place, and well stocked with fish.
nick012000
Wooded areas... in the Redmond Barrens?! WTF? Youd think the squatters would have cut them all down for firewood long ago...
Mr.Platinum
Thanks for the lInk Chummer.
stevebugge
I just posted an updated file, that doesn't break up in to 4 pages. Well who knows how much is left of the wooded areas, but what the sourcebook doesn't say is that the Redmond Barrens includes some of the Cascade Mountain foothills, some parks, and some wilderness areas. Also the big open area in the Southeast Section of the Map is a large open Sand and Gravel Pit.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (nick012000)
Wooded areas... in the Redmond Barrens?! WTF? Youd think the squatters would have cut them all down for firewood long ago...

This is Shadowrun. All kinds of nasty awakened things live in the woods. Try to cut down a tree, and it just may grab your chainsaw and try to cut you down in return.
nick012000
Then I'm surprised it hasn't been burned to the ground or polluted to hell and dead trees yet. A bunch of trees should not be able to survive in an area that's so bad that cops aren't required to police there.
Grinder
Never heard of nasty awakened trees? biggrin.gif
John Campbell
Frickin' trees think they're nasty and Awakened, wait 'til they meet my dwarf...
stevebugge
Seattle and the surrounding areas maintain a pretty extensive system of parks, green belts and natural areas. Granted in the 2060's some of these areas could be pretty toxic, others may still be relatively clean. There are any number of reasons that the squatters may not have cut them down. Paracritters, Spirits, Law Enforcement, Local Gangs, Neighborhood Associations. Brain Heaven is mostly an E zone, which means that while law enforcement is slow to respond it isn't non existent, also squatters vandalizing a partk are much easier to handle than a gang.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012