Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: company men
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Sicarius
Wheeze frowned.. as she listened to the hiss of the white noise generator. What a joke.

"I don't know what we can without more observation. Didn't the Senor say that it was spotted from the seaward side? we could patrol the coast in a little rubber dinghy or something, get some observation of it before making a plan. That seems safer, since from what they said it seems to do its hunting on the land not in the water right?"

brohopcp
"Hmm... I didn't even think of that. We'll have to ask for some vehicles. A boat of some sort and prolly some dune buggies or ATV's. Dune buggies'd be great, my cousin had a couple 'modified' ones in Cal, damn what a fun time."

A small smile forms as he remembers, but quickly slips away, "but I doubt fun times are in high supply here." *sigh*
Jaid
"Heh, way ahead of you on that one. they didn't deny my request for a boat, so I presume we have one available. Of course, they were a little sketchy on the details... by which I mean, they gave absolutely zero details whatsoever as to what kind of boat it is... but we should have a boat available. I figured we might have to fish it out of the water, and the boat would be handy to have around."

"Although i didn't ask for any kind of land vehicle, so you may want to try that one out. As far as observing it, I have to say i suspect they'd like us to resolve this sooner rather than later. After all, you can only have so many deaths before you can't cover something up, and that's just plain not good for your public image."

"At the very least, it is important to come up with some tentative plans so that we know in advance if we missed any special requests or anything like that... since i doubt they'll be airdropping it in once we're there. It's also nice to have something worked out rather than going in totally blind. Now, for the record, I'm perfectly fine with making the plan easily modified, and in fact i find that preferable, but i'd like to have something at least."

"For one thing, if we execute the plan, we at least have something to observe that's going to at least tell us what didn't work, assuming our first plan doesn't work."
brohopcp
"That sounds good to me, we'll make our observation also our first attempt to take this thing out conventionally."

Calvin thinks a second, "Does anyone have experience with paranimals? It'd help if we knew some general weaknesses... i.e. we should probably use flechette rounds."
Aku
After your time of discussion, a knock is heard on the door and is opened by the Senor. "Is everyone ready to depart? Quick now, all of the supplies asked for are in your room, Time is of the utmost here, we've gotten word of another sighting, and disappearence, so haste must be made." He shuffles everyone out the door and tells them to meet at the elevator by Isabella in 3 minutes.

When everyone has regathered, he leads you onto the elevators,pushing button B1, and pulls a respirator mask in the shape of a skull jaw from within his jacket and puts it on. "Do not forget, our air, not very good down here." he chuckles to himself.

You arrive with a *DING* to the floor, and he loeads you out into a parking lot area. "Juan will be your driver for this mission, the trip to the coast will take about 5 hours, and we have secured a small boat for you, as requested, as well."

Just then a pair of lightly armored Bulldog pulls up infront of the elevator. You immediately notice that theres no one in it, or, for that matter, a stearing mechanism. "the first car is for all of you, all of your gear should fit in it along with you. Juan will be in the vehicle behind you controlling it. Have a safe trip now".

And with that Senor gets back into the elevator.
Sicarius
Wheeze expression was difficult to make out behind the plain, beige breather mask.

"fragger." She mutters, primarily to herself, before squeezing into the back right.

brohopcp
Calvin, unused to the re-breather, fiddles with the straps and misses most of the action. Fortunately the cargo compartment has enough space for their equipment. He then hears Wheeze muttering something as he pulls his lanky frame into the other back seat and focuses on learning how to breath plastic air.

He looks around for a driver up until the point the vehicle kicks into gear down the road, then shrugs and leans back.
Jaid
As he walks up to the van, Esper can't keep himself from commenting,
"What? We smell bad or something he don't wanna talk to us? And here I thought we were all part of one big, happy corporate family."

As he jumps up into the van, he thinks to himself, as usual, human sized. Well, at least that means lotsa leg room, as he sits down on the middle seat. maybe I'll even be able to lay down and get some sleep while we wait... then again, maybe we should get some planning done in more detail before we arrive...

"So, i guess we're aiming for an ambush right now on this thing? We all seem to have rebreathers, so underwater is an option i guess. Provided it runs on the surface as opposed to under it, that is. We might also try using the boat as cover, assuming we can all lie down in it. Naturally, the boat will be pretty obvious, but we won't be immediately visible at least."
brohopcp
Calvin's muffled voice, "yeah, yeah that sounds pretty good. We'll do recon by sea on the boat, try to get a visual. If we run across the creature, I'll toss a stunner at it and gauge the result. We doing this during night or day?"
Aku
After everyone loads into the car and closes the doors, a slight, audible click is heard from the doors, while no latches are visable. Great.

The trip out of the city is uneventful, if slow. People crowd along the streets, all with their rebreathers or respirators, in all sorts of fashions. This years mask seems to be of a leopards face, fangs showing and all as they snarl at you. After about an half hour of driving, you finally start to see outside of downtown...
Sicarius
"What a drek-hole," Wheeze mutters through her breather mask as she stares out the window.

"My vote is for night time. I'm good for night vision," thin, cat eyes blink rapidly, "so if you guys are equally good, we can't be any worse off than the creature and it might give us a leg up."

Jaid
"I'm fine with night, I guess. Kinda want to scout out the area as soon as we get there, and see what we have to work with though."

Esper sits there for a minute, thinking, then says, "Has anyone thought to check our gear yet? Make sure everything is in place? Hey, Juan, we allowed to go back there and take a look? I'm sure you're listening in anyways, so no point pretending."
Aku
"teee heee hehe" is heard from the vehicles sound system, and Juan replies "ahhh, drats, yous found me out already, and we're not even outa the city yet! Yes you can go wherever you want in the vehicle. Is everyone comfortable, need it colder, anything like that?" His voice sounds sincere with the question.

(The Bulldog, iirc is similar to a large van/SUV so access to the cargo area is as simple as leaning/crawling over the back seat and pulling things up front. I dont reckon that you requested so much stuff as to fill it up, so theres plenty of room to move around.
brohopcp
As Esper and Juan talk back and forth, Calvin rumages around in his pocket and pulls out a copy of his requisition list. He scans over it a couple times and cusses under his breath.

"Hey uh... Juan? You have an extra pair of night vision goggles in that rig?"

While waiting for an answer, Calvin grabs his bag and rummages through it. He pulls out a tightly folded camo jacket and slips it on.
Aku
Juan chuckles, "I'll have to see, but i donno, we're not the type that usually needs to worry about those, always being rigged into our vehicles though,ya know? I'll put a call into home and see if i can't get something delivered. any other requests?"
Sicarius
Wheeze reached into the back and pulls forward her armored vest. Without a second thought she strips off the "prisoner' clothing from before, and throws on the vest, installing each of the plastisteel plates carefully, before dressing in the hiking gear she'd requisitioned.

"Sorry Fellas." she says briefly, before pulling forward the colt cobra and pulling back the slide, checking the weapon in detail before slapping a magazine in, letting it dangle from the sling around her shoulder as she goes through the rest of her "property" making sure everything was accounted for.

brohopcp
Calvin says, "thanks dude."

He reaches into the back and searches around for his bag, which is on the bottom of the pile. Some bumping and moving around and he flops back into the seat with a large duffel, sighing.

Pulling out a neatly pressed camo jacket he looks it over, gives it a sniff, shrugs and drapes it over the seat. Next out is a medium sized black pistol case with the aztechnology logo pasted across the front. Like a kid in a candy store he inspects and admires the two beautiful pistols.

Finally placing them in their holsters, Calvin individually loads each mag and positions everything around his body in easy to reach locations. He pulls on the camo pants, un-shy about showing off his polka dot boxers. Lastly, the Rambo style survival knife is strapped to his left calf and he sits back holding his almost empty bag and jacket.
Aku
As you exit the city limits, the world around you changes drastically. The grey buildings are left behind, slowly shrinking from the highrises of the downtown area, down to the slums around the city, and the finally into plains where the jungle has been clear cut in the name of progess. That doesnt last long either, however, and you are quickly driving to a jungle on a well maintained, but still dirt road. This is definately a different world from Seatle, and it looks like some of the trees might just be alive as well...

I'm leaving time for discussion if there needs to be, if everyone feels like everything is a-ok let me know and i'll get you to the shore
Sicarius
"Soo.... where exactly are we getting dropped off?" Wheeze asks out loud, speaking largely to the omnipresent rigger directing their vehicle.
Aku
"It is a small, fishing village, doesnt really have a name of any importance, , but as far as we can tell, the creature lives somewhere near it, as it seems to be the center of all of the attacks, give or take a couple of miles, it's only a few more hours, til we get there." Juan replies through the speak system.

As the sun begins to set, you cross a ridge and find yourself looking out over the ocean as you meander down the hillside, a small hut village a head of you. The largest structure in this village is the dock area, where some decently sized boats sit at dock, otherwise, there isnt much to it.

Your ride stops infront of a small, hut, and while it's not delipadated, it's certainately seen better days. An audible click announces the unlocking of the doors, and they swing open. As you collect your things and stretch, Juan walks up alongside of you. "This is gunna be your home, padres. The circular building across the way is the townhall, and the only real place to get a cooked meal and maybe some information. The dockmaster knows what boat you're supposed to get, just check in with him. Oh, and here's my commcode, just gimme a buzz when you're ready to be taken back." He turns to get back in his own vehicle, and then he turns back "Oh, you wanted me to see if i had any goggles, didnt you? hmm, lemme check..." He walks over to the cargo area of their vehicle, and routes around. "Sorry, padre, it doesnt look like i do."
Jaid
Esper quickly gathers everything together, gets it in place, and starts heading towards the town hall.

"Guess there's only really one place to start. Dunno about you two, but i want to at least know what kind of boat we're dealing with here. I'd also like to see what information they might have beyond what we already know. Just cause we're working for them doesn't mean the Azzies told us everything they know."

"After that, I guess we check out our lovely accomadations, no doubt complete with at least a few bugs, not to mention probably our clothes, our gear, and everything else we might think of using. But hey, that's our home for the next little while until we figure this thing out."
Sicarius
"That sounds like as good a plan as any." Wheeze says, as she shrugs her pack onto her shoulder. She looks at the firearm dangling from the sling.

"you think we need to conceal these badboys, I donno if the local constable got the memo about that the Monster Hunters of Doom were on the case."
broho_pcp
Calvin pulls himself out of the suv and quickly slaps at his neck, multiple times. "Stupid bugs, stupid trees, stupid jungle." He glares at the foliage, then turns away.

He pulls on his jacket and follows the others, hands dug in his pockets.
Aku
As Calvin gets his stuff, he's already playing catch up with the other two, a few steps ahead of him. You make your way across the village "square" to the communal hall, where plenty of people are leaving, and only a handful including yourselves, going in.

<insert timeline break if needed>

As you enter into the hall, alarge number of tables along the outer wall have had the chairs put up. In the immediate center is a large circular bar, and around it, are a number of large, curcular tables.Finally, on the outer portion of the hall, is a larger seatching area of tables of about 6, spread around more in a restaurant style. Most of that hear has already had the tables cleaned and chairs put up for the night, while the bar has a few rough around the edge types sitting around having a drink, either avoiding going home to the wife after work, or avoiding the wife before going to wor, you're not really sure, as you step up to the bar, the bartender walks over to you "Senors and Senoritta," he greets you, with a long glance at Wheeze "What can i getcha tonight?"
Sicarius
"Tres Cervezas por favor" Wheeze replies, easing into what she knew of the spanish language. If you could order a beer in a language, you could survive there. Fact o' Life that.
brohopcp
Calvin drops his bag next to the barstool and flops down, "gracias," and takes a long draught of the local flavor. "Es bueno, es muy bueno," he releases a sigh and licks the foam off his lips.
Sicarius
Wheeze took a long tug on her beer, and than yelped with suprise as the head began to rush over the top.

"Drek." Beer pooled in the cracks of the table. She pulled the PDA out of a pocket on her vest, and leaned over the table, so her compatriots could see the small read out screen.

"Well, we're here. And the shoreline is here I think.." She said. "Assuming they got me a map of the right area. When we get finished here, why don't we introduce ourselves to the head man, see what he can tell us about the creature, and than go looking for our boat?"

Jaid
Esper ignores the beer, but watches with interest as Wheeze pulls out the map.

"Sounds good, it'll be nice to know what we have to work with. Maybe even take the time to travel around a bit, figure out how accurate the map is, even figure out a good spot for an ambush."

"And how in hang do you ask for water? i prefer not to drink on the job."
Aku
The bartender chuckles. "You think, just because i live in backwaters of this place, i only speak spainish? No no, Azentechnology keeps me safe, happy, and makes me an excellent linguist too. No matter where you come from, i can probably understand you. One water it is." Granted, he has the accent, but he can speak the language. "so what is it that brings you hear? i overheard something about a creature?" he inquires as he goes about cleaning the bar.
Sicarius
Wheeze shrugged as the bartender spoke in perfect ingles.

"Yeah. Word is there's some kinda paracritter around these parts wrecking havoc. We figured we might be able to bag the critter. You heard anything like that?"

She wasn't comfortable just yet mentioning that they were doing so on behalf of the Azzies. Because while the suds slinger behind the bar might be a fan, not everyone in this accursed country was.
brohopcp
"On another note, ya got any good sandwiches to help wash this down?" He takes another swig and casually flips over to astral percepeption, checking out the locals and assensing the bartender.
Aku
"ofcourse we do, we serve most of this towns food, and in my opinion atleast, all of the edible food." The bartender chortles at that comment of his own as he pulls out a menu.

Brophocp
[ Spoiler ]
Aku
"ahh yes, the horse creatures, i've heard of them, yes. The Azzies say they've been kidnapping people, but i dont know about that, i dont know anyone thats been taken, I thin the azzies are using that as a story to get someone to capture them for them, they'll prolly try and cut the thing open to work their mojo, you know?"
Sicarius
Wheeze took a long tug on her beer. so fraggin typical. As if it really mattered whether they were kidnapping people or not to a bunch of shadowrunners anyway. Wheeze supposed that after awhile lying just became a force of habit

"I appreciate the tip," Wheeze says, "Do you know if anyone else has been out there looking for the thing? Anybody not from around here come into town lately? 'side's us of course." Wheeze chuckled.
Aku
"lotsa people come into this town, nice beachs, and nice bitches too" The way he says those two words almost makes them sound one and the same. "but looking for those creatures? not that i've seen. Senoritta"
Sicarius
if the bartender expected Wheeze to take offense at the word bitches, it didn't work. She took a deep breath through her breather mask. It was a relief if they didn't have to deal with any other teams looking to get a slice of the action.

"Well gentlemen" she says as she turns to her compatriots, "I'm ready if you are."
brohopcp
Calvin smiles at the 'beaches and bitches' comment, then sighs as he remembers he probably won't ever experience that again.

"Yeah, gimme a sec." He turns back to the bar and orders a sac of burritos to go, with ample bottled water. When the food comes up, he stores it away in his pack and follows Wheeze out the door.
Aku
The burrito's come up, and you're on your way out the door to the docks. As you approach the pier, you can hear a man screaming orders to various people on the docks as they clean ships, and tie things down to the dock. He is standing infront of the small building, with a sign reading "Dock Office" above the door. He doesnt notice you approaching.
Sicarius
Wheeze watched the scene unfold and makes the concious decision to let someone with a little more tact handle this guy.

"I guess we talk to this guy about our boat yeah?" She says to her comrades, a kind of quasi-question.
brohopcp
Calvin walks over, "scuse me, Sir. You seem to be The Man in charge."

The bag slips off his shoulder to the ground, "I'm Calvin and these are my associates, Esper and Wheeze." He taps his azzy I.D. badge after introducing himself. "And we are here for a boat."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012