Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My idea for a campaign.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
I'm thinking of bringing in a recently thawed Donald Trump to buy the Arcology from the UCAS government, since it's doing its damndest to actually make some money off of it. Since it's a government auction and no-one's buying, he'll buy it for cheap and wishes to make it into Trump Arcology, kinda like Trump Tower but 50 times bigger and more self-contained-city-ish. The players are trying to break into the Arcology while contractors and builders are working on it. I want the security to be tough, but how well can somebody actually secure a building under remodeling, especially one as big as the Arcology? And is there any way for Donald Trump to be frozen and thawed out without being initially frozen in around 2050?
stevebugge
QUOTE (emo samurai)
I'm thinking of bringing in a recently thawed Donald Trump to buy the Arcology from the UCAS government, since it's doing its damndest to actually make some money off of it. Since it's a government auction and no-one's buying, he'll buy it for cheap and wishes to make it into Trump Arcology, kinda like Trump Tower but 50 times bigger and more self-contained-city-ish. The players are trying to break into the Arcology while contractors and builders are working on it. I want the security to be tough, but how well can somebody actually secure a building under remodeling, especially one as big as the Arcology? And is there any way for Donald Trump to be frozen and thawed out without being initially frozen in around 2050?

If you want to allow Cryogenics in your game it's probably not going to be ruinous, heck it would open up a lot of new plots to you. Securing a construction site is doable, but expensive. Depending on the phase of construction you may or may not have power readily available in all parts of the site limiting technical security. Patrols and Perimeter Barriers would be the cheapest and most effective measures. Of course the unfinished nature of the building could be a deterent in and of itself, parts of it just may not be safe to go in to.
boskop-albatros
well trump would have to be frozen kinda early---he may not be prepared enough for magic or the matrix----be fast and slick in abilities, do it at night, get a chopper with high stelth.
emo samurai
He'd have, like, 15 trillion dollars after interest. He'd be, like, the richest man in the world. That's assuming the costs of maintaining the tank doesn't put him in debt.
Liper
cryogenics, to maintain a frozen body, won't even come close to touching the interest he'd be gaining every month = )
emo samurai
YAY!!! But seriously, how hard would it be to infiltrate a fucking construction/renovation site? I don't think there'd even be ROOM for serious security. And I don't think Trump would have much of an interest in the central computer. I think he'd LET them have it, as long as they didn't interrupt work.
PlatonicPimp
Donald trump isn't all that old, either. You can easily have him survive till Leonization is available, and keep him around that way.

Cause if he's Frozen, and people are STILL having to pay him interest, do you really think the Megacorps are gonna put up with that? He'd have the plug pulled on his chamber faster than a dragon crunches a minion. That wa his holding revert to someone more... Influenable.
emo samurai
Well, he's going to be introduced, if he IS going to be introduced, as a funny element, so I probably won't take into consideration that the megacorps want his money and have an easy way of getting it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012