Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post your haul!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowDragon8685
What'd you get from your Christmas? (Please disregard those who do not celebrate a gift-giving end-of-the-year-holiday.)

My haul was very good this year. I love my family, and I'm glad I got to spend time with them. They also managed to surprise me by getting a lot of stuff I had no idea was coming down the pike, or that I'd even like. (But I did. wink.gif )

Let's see. My mother got me:

Breakfast at 9 A.M., which consisted of fruit pizzas, while we watched Thomas the Tank Engine cartoons. (Yeah, laugh all you want, but sometimes it's good to do stuff that remind you of when you were 8.)

A leather bomber jacket with black fur lining.
Leather Irish motoring hat
Tye-Dyed red T-Shirt.
The Twins' glasses from The Matrix Reloaded.
A set of X-treme Sport Sunglasses.
A striped dress shirt.
A black silk tie.
Bling bling! (Two oversized rings on a chain)
Full Metal Fantasy Volume II: the Iron Kindgoms World Guide
Shadowrun 4th Edition
F.E.A.R.: Director's Cut.
Fable: The Lost Chapters

(As an aside, all of the clothes my mom gave me give me an idea for a Shadowrunner's outfit.)

My older aunt (who's a grandma as of this past August), got me:
A very stylin' pure silver dress shirt.
Black sweater-shirt.
Two sets of slacks
$20.00

My old and somewhat removed uncle got me:
Call of Duty 2: Director's Cut edition.
A promise to go down to the range and shoot his Garand when the weather's better.

My cousin and her husband (The ones who made my aunt a grandmother) got me:
A cute "record a Christmas Message" frog with a $25.00 Wally World gift certificate.

My aunt and uncle (the ones I live with) got me:
A truck (1998 Durango 'SLT*) (And insurance!!!)
A set of thick leather gloves (goes very well with my hat and bomber)
A new touch-screen phone to replace the set that dosen't work
A really cool Lego set.
A cordless keyboard & mouse
A carabiner watch-light.
A Hess truck.
A CD-holder stack.
A promise to go buy a new and improved video card. (And maybe more RAM.)

*Yes, it's a truck. It has a truck bed instead of third row seating, has a Chrystler V8, and is sized like an F-450.
FrostyNSO
Hmmm, letsee:

Got to change tire, remove damaged panels and front bumper using only a leatherman and heavy wrench after taking out 11 fence posts. Clip and unspool barb wire that was wrapped around my axle (had 75ft. of it trailing behind the truck!...with a sign attached). Jury-rig punctured break line to get me home, examine strange fluid leaking from transmission (hmmmm, I wonder...). Got to place elbow in gigantic pile of manure while examining transmission. Fell asleep on couch in uniform.

Woke up had some high protein/fiber cereal (GOLEAN!) that looks like catfood. Got card from father with $200 to "get new tires" for my truck. Laughed my ass off at the irony. Got a throwback San Diego Padres ballcap from my roomate, and a collector football from a guy at work.

Holidays are always very interesting for me!

edit: In case any of you are into fitness and looked at that GOLEAN link, you may be thinking "Hey, 13g of Protein! Not too bad.", You may also be considering getting some for quick breakfast on workout days...DON'T. It tastes putrid. Pretty good for you, but just not that tasty at all nyahnyah.gif
Muzzaro
Hm.

.hack//Mutation (Ps2)
.hack//Outbreak (Ps2)
.hack//Quaratine (Ps2)
Family Guy Series 2 DVDs
Pack of four Ltd Ed Clone Troopers (I love clone troopers/storm troopers)
A denim Jacket that fits (I'm the stereotypical overweight geek)
Long-Sleeved T-shirt in cream, with skulls on (hey it fits, i dun care what's on it)
A roll out USB Keyboard in red
A plastic orange toy soldier with a parachute on it's back (gotta love novelty gifts)
Various Lynx Deodorants and Shower Gels (Are they trying to say something?)
Socks (yay.)
A giant 6" pen
Turkish Delight (I love the stuff although it kills my teeth)
Black Jacks (Chewy bars in the UK, Aniseed flavour, good stuff!)

And Just before Christmas (23rd/24th) I had arrive thanks to the powers of Ebay:
Shadowrun 3rd Ed. (only got 1st/2nd editions)
Animal Crossing: Wide World (nDS)
Trauma Center (nDS)

I've still got to come from Ebay:
7907 Magic in the Shadows
7120 Awakenings, New Magic in 2057
7201 Seattle Sourcebook
Denver, City of Shadows (sourcebook from the boxed set)
Slump
Mr. And Mrs. Smith
Bewitched (the new movie)
An RC Car
A tool set that contains all that is needed to undo and redo nearly any fastener I come across
A pen-looking screwdriver (has phillips and flathead about the right size for computer screws, and phillips and flathead for glasses-sized screws)
A 2-qt crock pot for dips
A sheets set (need another set)

Yes, I'm 23 and have been married for 2 years.
Dale
Geez, some people hit the big time on Xmas now don't they?
RunnerPaul
I got a rock.
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (RunnerPaul)
I got a rock.

I'd have taken a rock anyday.
stevebugge
My brother actually took the time to wrap up some charcoal briquets and put them in my stocking. Other than that pretty good haul, cook books, a sushi set, new pair of pants, some more cook books, more kitchen equipment, and beer.
Zolhex
A playboy keychain
A playboy money clip
Civilization 4
Anti monopoly
A giant hershey's kiss
A 70 x 40 bath sheet towel (the biggest I have ever found)
2 books one titled that book of perfectly useless infomation the other the cunning linguist

So not too shabby seeing as I have 99% of the shadowrun books.
Kagetenshi
A deep frier.

~J
Slump
QUOTE (stevebugge)
My brother actually took the time to wrap up some charcoal briquets and put them in my stocking. Other than that pretty good haul, cook books, a sushi set, new pair of pants, some more cook books, more kitchen equipment, and beer.

Ironically, when growing up, I actually did want coal for christmas. Of course, at that time in my life I was regularly making various incidenary chemicals, and my homebrew gunpowder just burned to slow, and I figured it was the impurities in the charcoal. I never did get it, though frown.gif
Critias
Christma-what? Holy shit! That was yesterday?! No wonder my wife's all mad at me! *runs to the store*
nick012000
rotfl.gif

I got:
D&D: Dragonshard RTS game
A backpack
2 tshirts
Some chocolate
$20 (to be spent on a tshirt- yes, I'm on the Autistic spectrum).
Fix-it
I finally got to spend the 3k:nuyen: I got two years ago on 'puter equipment.

new rig (for games), laptop (linux & wardriving)
PBTHHHHT
lord of the rings dvds, first two movies
napoleon dynamite dvd
neon genesis evangelion 1st part of the movie dvd (don't really care for the series)
gloves
knit cap
t-shirt
jeans
Dog
Happy ho-ho everybody. I just realized what a great way this is to get to know people. FrostyNSO, you a farm-boy?

An autographed copy of "A Test Of Will" by Warren MacDonald.
"Unbreakable" on DVD, completing my Shyamalan collection.
A couple of singles of rare beers.
Jim Beam hot sauce.
And a visit from my nephew.

At work, we put together a hamper for an impoverished family. I threw in a couple of SR novels.

Often, our characters will exchange gifts in-game, too. All Rusty wants is a fake ID or a smuggling route into Athabaska, so he can visit his mom.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
Got to change tire, remove damaged panels and front bumper using only a leatherman and heavy wrench after taking out 11 fence posts. Clip and unspool barb wire that was wrapped around my axle (had 75ft. of it trailing behind the truck!...with a sign attached).

Frosty, shall we even ask how that happened? Trying out your real life rigger skills? wink.gif
Backgammon
Hyundai B90A 19'' LCD screen (partially funded by myself)
My first cellphone
A little lamp you can attach to the back of books so I can read in obscurity
2 going-out shirts
a nice hand-knit scarf
PJs
socks
Chibu
http://www.chibu.net/things.html

I'm too lazy to copy paste nyahnyah.gif
SL James
I feel like a Jew on Christmas.
Mr.Platinum
The most significant thing thing i recieved was a Texas Mickey of Crown Royal and the stupid fuck's know i don't drink no more.
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
QUOTE (FrostyNSO @ Dec 25 2005, 09:37 PM)
Got to change tire, remove damaged panels and front bumper using only a leatherman and heavy wrench after taking out 11 fence posts.  Clip and unspool barb wire that was wrapped around my axle (had 75ft. of it trailing behind the truck!...with a sign attached).

Frosty, shall we even ask how that happened? Trying out your real life rigger skills? wink.gif

I was using the SR3 rigging rules wink.gif

Tail end of my truck slid out on me on the way to work, almost ended up at the bottom of a ravine but managed to get it back on the road (and into the guardrail on the opposite side.

Walked away laughing.

QUOTE (Dog)
FrostyNSO, you a farm-boy?

Heh, the manure belonged to whoever's property it was! I'm just a closet farmboy.
Vagabond
Overtime. I hate Christmas.
Solstice
It's cool I was all drunk and talking on my cell phone and I plowed into someone's fence too...backwards. Drunk+talking on phone+limo dark window at night = death to fenders.
FrostyNSO
I wish I'd been drunk, then I'd have an excuse.

It was daylight, dry and I wasn't speeding any more than usual either!
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
The most significant thing thing i recieved was a Texas Mickey of Crown Royal and the stupid fuck's know i don't drink no more.

I know what you mean...

Every year, my mom gets me shit I told her specifically not to get me.

"I don't want any Christian or preachy books."
I got the whole Left Behind series.

"I don't want any clothes."
I got sweaters and socks.

"No shoes."
Shoes.

"I wear a size XL, and my gf wears size 6."
I got a M and she got size 4.

Do you see a trend here?
Critias
Yeah. Sounds like a mom. Go figure.
Kyuhan
I got:

Heavy hands
Pants
Couple pairs of boxers
T-shirt
Whiskey flask
Book
Some chocolate
A new loufa
Exfoliating cloth
Old Spice bodywash
Ultimate Spider-Man Limited Edition for PS2

And some other stuff I just can't seem to remember.
Wiz In Red
My friends got me a pair of black jeans and a cable knit sweater. They gave my girlfriend leather pants. I was going, "Wait a minute. Why did I get a cable knit sweater? I don't wear stuff like this." Then I remember I wear slacks or khakis 85% of the time I'm not in uniform (Army). Guess I come off as a conservative dresser. They've never seen my "bondage gear" (shirt w/ D-rings on the sleeves and a matching collar).
nt326
i gots a sword... nice celtic war sword...
a fun ax for my trunk.. fraggin trees always gettin in my way..
some clothes... a pair of pjs that says 'they're always after me lucky charms' THEY ARE!!!!
some brain teaser puzzle things.. cube in a cube type stuff
some money to buy some tactical gear for myself biggrin.gif
THE LORAX!!! the best book ever!
and other random stuff
Jrayjoker
Hmmm,

Socks
Underwear and T-shirts
A wok
60 days of WoW <- The best one of the lot!

Believe it or not, I wouldn't want a truck.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum @ Dec 26 2005, 09:57 PM)

I know what you mean...

"No shoes."
Shoes.

Do you see a trend here?

I think your mom is channeling my mom. Weird.
kevyn668
From mom: a guilt trip for skipping out early

From my rich uncle: A leather bound box for holding cufflinks frpm Coach...too bad I'm poor and don't own any cufflinks...too bad I'm not in college and don't do drugs anymore as a storage box like that would make me an "executive pothead."
nezumi
A happy son, happy wife and a gorram nap.

I also bought myself "The New World Order", "The Communist Manifesto" and "Appleseed", the first two I'll be reading regularly here at my government job.
Dog
QUOTE (Wiz In Red)
My friends ... gave my girlfriend leather pants.

In that case, you have no right to complain about anything else they did. biggrin.gif
Dog
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)

"No shoes."
Shoes.

Do you see a trend here? [/QUOTE]
I think your mom is channeling my mom. Weird.

You guys should call your moms and thank them now, dammit! Then apologize for being ungrateful.

Geez, guys, it's your mom!
Mr.Platinum
all that matters is that no one got me the SR4 core.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012