Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ripple Effects...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CountZero
To the point - one of the possible rewards from one of the Super Tuesday scenarios (the one where the runners ended up attempting to prevent Arthur Vogel's assasination by a toxic shaman) was one favor from Arthur Vogel, presuambly when he was elected president. As of the 2060's on, Vogel has not only a seat on the board of Ares, but also a decent chunk of the shares (according to the SixthWorld Wiki, more then Damian Knight himself).

So, I ask, to both GMs on here and players, with the dawn of the 2070's, and with all the shake-ups of the setting in System Failure, who has and who hasn't cashed in that favor?

If you have cached it in, what did you use it on, and in retrospect, was it a good idea? If you haven't, do you intend to?

And for the GMs: If your players have the favor and haven't cached it in yet, will you let them?

My group never did that run ourselves. I did run it solo when I was trying to get the hang of the Shadowrun rules for possibly GMing a campaign. However, I could never particularly think up something, except maybe getting rock-solid (legit) SINs, possibly to be saved for when the time was right to retire the characters from the Shadows, and giving them legit identities. I moved on to other things before I got around to actually dealing with that (and, actually, cashing in on the favor would be an interesting scenario on it's own).
Liper
*cough* sir, remember that favor? you know that delta clinic the gov has for thier ops? well if you don't know find out for me, oh and I want lots of delta grade in me.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Liper)
*cough* sir, remember that favor? you know that delta clinic the gov has for thier ops? well if you don't know find out for me, oh and I want lots of delta grade in me.

Response.

" Oh take the elavator to the Basement"

I forgot to tell that fellor that elavator is a zero zero zone.
Talain
At the conclusion of a campaign, the one remaining runner took that favor and his stockpiled cash, and put together a buy-out of a good few percent of Ares stock, netting a seat on the Board that had been opened by an 'unfortunate accident'.

Maybe not a power-player seat, but there's no more cushy retirement than that for a runner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012