Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I WANT STREET MAGIC!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
When's it coming out? ANYONE know? AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Tarko
That is, effectivly, an excellent question; I've been searching the 'net for an ETA and I havent been able to find one. Anyone knows anything?
Jaid
the closest thing i've heard to an official statement on that isn't really official at all, but came from one of the freelancers iirc.

basically, not this year (probably no surprise to you, what with three days left in the year) and should probably be coming out in the first quarter of next year sometime.

of course, who knows what delays might occur (frankly, i'd rather wait an extra few months and get a well-finished, thoroughly playtested, mostly bug-free book than get it sooner but have it be full of bugs... )
Tarko
QUOTE (Jaid)
(frankly, i'd rather wait an extra few months and get a well-finished, thoroughly playtested, mostly bug-free book than get it sooner but have it be full of bugs... )

...as the core book of 4th Ed...
Jaid
QUOTE (Tarko)
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 28 2005, 08:07 PM)
(frankly, i'd rather wait an extra few months and get a well-finished, thoroughly playtested, mostly bug-free book than get it sooner but have it be full of bugs... )

...as the core book of 4th Ed...

well, yes... but i was trying to avoid pointing fingers biggrin.gif wink.gif
BishopMcQ
I know that it has already been sent to playtesters. What stage of playtesting they are in is unknown, nor how far the layout team has gotten. It is my hope that they chose to use a different bindery than before (SR4 release) or at least got contractual obligations in writing...though knowing most printers the latter option could be quite difficult.
Nidhogg
Psh. I can't think of anything in the book that will be particularly needed. Realy, the only thing that would get me hyped over Street Magic would be if it marked the glorious return of the horned skull logo. Seriously, I don't normaly mind logo changes, but that 'S'-snake is just realy lame.
Jaid
how about material links for ritual magic?

or are you just houseruling that in nyahnyah.gif

how about spell design rules?
Nidhogg
QUOTE (Jaid)
how about material links for ritual magic?

or are you just houseruling that in nyahnyah.gif

how about spell design rules?

Yea, pretty much. My players never use ritual sorcery, so I never bothered with it. If an NPC uses it, the results are pretty much up to me. Spell design never saw much use either, so I don't think I'll be needing rules for it.
Azralon
QUOTE (Nidhogg)
Spell design never saw much use either, so I don't think I'll be needing rules for it.

Aw, c'mon, spell design is one of the munchkin's favorite tools!
JongWK
QUOTE (McQuillan)
I know that it has already been sent to playtesters. What stage of playtesting they are in is unknown, nor how far the layout team has gotten. It is my hope that they chose to use a different bindery than before (SR4 release) or at least got contractual obligations in writing...though knowing most printers the latter option could be quite difficult.

Adam has said that FanPro won't be using the same company.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012