Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I buy Dragons of the Sixth World?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
Does it have a lot of information that isn't already found on Sixthworld Wiki?
Synner
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Does it have a lot of information that isn't already found on Sixthworld Wiki?

Quite a bit in fact. Want to know who's behind Lofwyr's bad luck streak check it out. Want to know which GD gives magic classes at a prestigious old world University check it out. Want to find out what the hell went down with Hestaby getting a seat on the Tir Council of Princes check it out. Want to know what Ghostwalker's up to after he consolidated his power check it out. Want to know how to get an audience with Lung check it out. Want to know who misused the title Loremaster in PoaD check it out...

What I'm trying to say is: yeah.
Tanka
Wait, clarify that for me? You're telling him to ignore it and forget that dragons exist?
emo samurai
Wait, clarify that for me? You're telling him to ignore it and forget that dragons exist?

Define "it." I don't notice anyone telling me to ignore anything. I'M SO CONFUSED LALALALALAAAAAAA!!!!!

Note to the humorless: that whole freaking out thing was just to suck out any venom perceived to be in the first two sentences of my post.
Backgammon
What? Is there missing a post here?
stevebugge
QUOTE (Backgammon)
What? Is there missing a post here?

Missing posts is always a good idea as running in to them can be quite painfull.

Wait, you didn't mean that kind of post did you..... spin.gif
Prospero
My 2 nuyen.gif : I probably got more run ideas from Dragons than from any other book (except maybe SoNA, just because I've had it longer). It can be used for uber-campaigns (which I don't particularly enjoy) and it can also (which surprised me) really apply to street campaigns - which of the power players wants to frag over which other of them and which factions each control sets up a lot of run ideas that never have to even touch on dragons unless your players do some really, really good background checking. Plus the info is just cool.

So, yeah. It's really worth it.
spotlite
what's sixthworld wiki please? Is it yet another resource I'm supposed to know about and worship?
Lindt
Fantastic book. While it might not present as much game data, its just one huge series of hooks waiting for the right touch. Plus its great to just READ.
Mr.Platinum
This book itself can bring on so much suffering for players.
Mortax
But that's half the fun. vegm.gif

But in response to the question, yes. Dot6W is one of my favorite books out of the source books. The flavor text is wonderfull, and the plot ideas you can get from in....bwahahahaha!
Mr.Platinum
Oh yes some of the details they say about the Great ones. and some of the art work of the dragons is very sweet.
JongWK
QUOTE (spotlite)
what's sixthworld wiki please? Is it yet another resource I'm supposed to know about and worship?
Mr.Platinum
Why havent you pruchased this book yet?
emo samurai
...money?
Ranneko
Never seen it in my FLGS, nor in eBook form
Capt. Dave
Yes.

That is all.
emo samurai
I've bought it! I've bought it!! And it rocks.
Jrayjoker
Yeah, I just got it too. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
SpasticTeapot
I just obtained a copy myself. Great book.

And let me tell you, there's nothing like a Great Dragon to make even the savviest sprawl razorgirl go "Oh, bloody hell."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012