Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mama Iaga
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
After looking over the GW topic in SR4, I went back over The Burning Time as Dalamar suggested, as it's been forever since I've read it. It suggests that for one, Mama was damn powerful, and may have even imprisoned Ghostwalker's spirit some how. And two, it also states in plain english that she was from the 4th world.

So what the hell is she!? I've gone through three different books (Corporate Punishmnet, Target:UCAS, and The Burning Time), and I haven't even seen anything that acutally states her race. Is she some weird corney old IE, although none of the others, except perhaps the one down by Stonehenge (Karl something, although AH will say that there isn't any proof that he's an IE, but i have my opinions) show any signs of real age on them. Is she somehow a horroh (which would coincide with the post about her weird aura in T:UCAS, and her whoel metaplane hell/prison, or something else entirely?

It's a little funny that in the source books that talk about her there's conjecture about exactly what she is as well, and now we're debating it here, but the idea that there coud (have been since she literally got toasted) something else that carried over besides an elf is interesting to me. Sure she could just be some old bag htat ages different form the rest of the IE's, has a particularily strong streak of megalomania, and the Human Looking edge (like Frosty), but I'm very interested in other ideas.

Thoughts?
stevebugge
It sounds suspiciously like a Russian Folktale about the Baba Yaga, a witch who lived in a house in the woods that danced around on Chicken Legs.

Wiki-Fu here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga
fistandantilus4.0
well... there are spirits in SR called Baba yaga's. Check out the Critter's book
SL James
... Which is also discussed in the Vladivostok chapter of Smuggler Havens.
Mr.Platinum
This sounds like a job for Ancient History.

Cue cheesy music and pole dancing.
hyzmarca
Quick Comissioner, to the AH signal.
Aku
Yes Sir, right away, sir!
Kyuhan
rotfl.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Aku)
Yes Sir, right away, sir!

HAHAHAHA! That's great!
Ophis
Now lets see if he turns up...

wait a sec I've seen his picture, good god AH in spandex (shudders)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012