Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Critters of the Chineese Wilderness
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gondor
It looks like my characters are going to end up in northern china, the actual nation is yet to be decided.

Does anybody have ideas for critters that might inhabit the area? Stats are not necessary, but if you want to include them that would be cool.
Jaid
well, there's always the Vampiric Pandas.
emo samurai
I was going to put something, but I just can't top that.
Gondor
OK, hows this:

Your plan crashes in a remote valley of northern china. You hear a waterfall in the distance and the song of birds whos tone you do not recognize. As you look over the wreckage, trying to find anything that will help you in this untamed wilderness, a 100 Kg bear starts to approach you, eating what appears to be a red stick of bamboo. You can't help but think how cute and cuddly this bear is, when you realize the bamboo is a mangled femur. THe bear lunges for your neck. Before you can draw your gun blood gushes forth.........

Any other ideas?
toturi
Traditionally there isn't much magical wilderness critters in Chinese folklore, other than the shapeshifter ones(and just about every animal is a shapeshifter).
Fix-it
QUOTE (Gondor)
Any other ideas?

Nope, you win. Thread over.
Backgammon
Monkeys. Smart, mischievious monkeys.
stevebugge
I believe that there are something equivalent to a vampire in Chinese mythology, only they are also normally invisible. Evil or mischevious spirits, and anything appropriate to Siberia could also range to Northern China.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012