Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to Buy SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr.Platinum
Yes as the topic says i a, going to go out and purchase the new edition today or shoudl i waite for a second printing with all the fixes in it?

Waht do some of you's people think?
Mr.Platinum
Wow 9 views no replies, some one has to have an opinion.
Critias
Oh noes! No one did your thinking for you, in 42 whole minutes!

Figure it out for yourself. How badly do you want this book, compared to how many fixes do you imagine there will be in the errataed version? Do your own thinking. How bad do you think the first run is? How impatient are you to get ahold of your very own copy? Balance the two out, one against the other, and then go spend your money based on a decision you've made, yourself.
JongWK
SR4 is already on its second printing, which includes the official errata. The first printing is sold out, IIRC.
Darkness
Yeah, someone mentioned it in another thread... but where...
Jrayjoker
Buy one of each, so you can make an informed decision. wink.gif

Even if you get a first edition, you have web access and can download the errata from the SR website. No big thing.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (Critias)
Oh noes! No one did your thinking for you, in 42 whole minutes!

Figure it out for yourself. How badly do you want this book, compared to how many fixes do you imagine there will be in the errataed version? Do your own thinking. How bad do you think the first run is? How impatient are you to get ahold of your very own copy? Balance the two out, one against the other, and then go spend your money based on a decision you've made, yourself.

Just wanted some more opinions based on what i read.

God your such a spiteful little bitch.

and thank you for the insight Jray Joker.
Critias
Yeah, yeah. How dare I give out advice that involves suggesting you think for yourself, and make your own decision. I'm not sure what that makes me a "spitefull little bitch" about (what have you done that I'm supposed to be spitefull over?) -- but have fun always doing what people tell you to, and never making up your own mind.
Grinder
I'l buy a normal BBB soon, as i "only" have the LE so far. I deceided to wait for the second print run, as having all erratas included is much nicer than dowload and print them and put them besides the BBB.
RunnerPaul
If past history is any indication, consider the errata for the SR3 core rules.

It went through 13 printings, and they were still finding errors to correct, all the way up to the 13th printing.

If your intent is to wait for them to put out a printing that has all the errors corrected, you may be waiting a very long time indeed.
Erebus
I bought the pdf and was doing the same, waiting for the corrected printing to come out.

I saw a second printing at Borders the other day, just didn't have the cash to pick it up, so I know they are out there.

Lagomorph
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
God your such a spiteful little bitch.

God really is..
RunnerPaul
Oh, and as an addendum to my previous post, there are already errors identified in version 1.3 of the English errata that are not corrected in the second printing. Not that this is a bad thing. I'd much rather have an errata that spells out every correction that needs to be made, and not just every correction that has been made.
Mr.Platinum
Critias is my friend, we hold hands in the park cause i can't think for myself, he even takes the first step on the short bus cause we are special.

Critias gets angery sometimes and blabs to much, but this time i'll blab lots too.

One day Critias saw Mr.Platinum being a dick and asked him not too, Platinum ignored Critias.

Then one day Platinum realized that " HA I must of hit a nerve for you to keep blabbing back"

Long story short, i went to my local shops and every shadowrun product was sold out, so i put a full payment down for the second run and in a week i hoep i'll have a shiny new Sr book and hopefully the BINDING is of quality.

yeah and now that you mention that 13 printing all have errors, i just might as well on giving up on perfection.

but i will not give up on you Critias, breath damnit breath, don't walk into the light!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012