Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-books
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BishopMcQ
After scrolling through Vairdic's list of books available through battlecorps, I was thinking...

Is there anything in the works for PDF and E-book releases of any of the older sourcebooks? I know that certain rulebooks will be outdated as we move into SR4, but information like the Denver Boxed Set and Target: UCAS will still be relevant. Yes, the key players have changed, but the restaurants and ambience may not have changed drastically.

The main thing I'm looking at is right now there are probably in the ballpark of 100 books released for Shadowrun by FASA and FanPro, but less than 20 are actually available to people just getting back into the game.

Of course, some might say that there is little market for these products, which I would understand but offer e-books as a more cost effective measure than physical reprints of outdated books.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (McQuillan)
but the restaurants and ambience may not have changed drastically.

I have to ask—have you actually read SR4?

~J
BishopMcQ
Yes, I have. The introduction of AR and some of the cultural ramifications will effect things, however, Dante's Inferno is still going to be at the same address and have the same theme. It will simply be that much more...likewise Detroit and Boston will have their historical ambience and only be modified by current events and tech.
MK Ultra
several oop sbīs have been available in pdf but Iīm afraid you wonīt ever get everything from battlecorps & co. I used to snatch most of the old books I missed from e-bay, than again I might be a bit obsessive.
stevebugge
I Hope Rob doesn't mind me posting this response.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:02 PM
To: Steve Bugge
Subject: Re: Shadowrun Question

Do you plan on releasing out of print SR1 and SR2 material for PDF download in the future?

Yes, we've already started releasing PDFs, see the website. Eventually, we'll release everything.

:: Rob Boyle ::
Shadowrun Developer for FanPro LLC
info@shadowrunrpg.com ~ www.shadowrunrpg.com
tisoz
Right about releasing old books, Adam even said something about releasing Shadowland on PDF. Of course this was right before the SR$ announcement when they were still denying there was going to be another edition.

I'll hope for the best and expect the worst.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012