Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So obvious, why didn't I think of it myself?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nightward
Gah. Ever had a game where someone says or does something so damn obvious you wonder why it took so long to think of and why it wasn't you who came up with t? It needn't be spectacularly outlandish; in fact, the more every-day, the better.

A few days ago, we were playing V:tM (Heresy, yes, I know biggrin.gif) and we had to break into a fiendish puzzle-locked chest-of drawers. So after opening the first drawer, and being about to close it to open the next, I say...

"Wait. Take it out completely."
GM: "Huh? What? Why?"
Me: "So we can looki into the next drawer. And then we can open the locking mechanism from inside and keep going."
GM: "Shut up. I hate you."
FlakJacket
Wouldn't this be better suited to the Lounge?
Ancient History
I refer ye to this. Learn, and grow strong in the Force.
Domino
I don't get it. wink.gif
RedmondLarry
Sorry, Domino, you must have no experience with cheap chest-of-drawers. The cheap ones don't have a piece of wood, called the "dust shelf" between the drawers. If you pull out a drawer in a cheap chest-of-drawers you can reach through the opening into the drawer below the one you pulled out.

Obviously, Domino, you only have experience with quality furniture.
Domino
Well, I was refereing to the comic posted. I thought the winky I applied to my post would have shown the joke like nature of my post. Apparently I overestimated my fellow dumpshockers. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

And Sir I am the expert on cheap furniture and I feel insulted. I demand restitution.
Raptor1033
yeah domino has the experience with the cheap stuff, that's why he thought up that solution. the gm just didn't have expereience with quality stuff that has that dust shelf so didn't think a puzzle chest would have them.
Domino
Actually Nigthward came up with that solution. I would have used 9 kilos of C-12.
Raptor1033
C12's always an option as long as what you're tyrying to get to doesn't blow up easily.
Domino
He did say they were trying to break into it, not actually trying to get anything out of it.
Drain Brain
"Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to blow up a CHEAP chest of drawers"
EVLTIM
You mean kind of like during Super Tuesday blackmailing Kenny B for for 10 mil to keep his secret , than donateing the nuyen to Orc First , and a few other meta policlubs before calling in a favor with Anne P , and going public with the info during a live election debate ?

Lot's of Karma for that one let me tell ya guys .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012