Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Technical skill example in the SR4 sourcebook.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
For a rating of 7, they list Fastjack. Is he a really good inventor or something?
Orb
How to respond without flaming emo samurai???

I hope you're asking this question because SR4 is your first experience with Shadowrun.

Fastjack is a decker from shadowrun fiction of old. He goes back as far as first ed. Basically he's described the greatest decker ever. Thus he would have a Hacking skill of 7.

emo samurai
Yeah, I know about that, but the thing is, the other examples of technical skill are all inventors and technicians; I thought that Fastjack was just a fucking great decker. Those two are not necessarily connected.
Orb
Then I'm getting closer to flaming, but still trying to be nice. All you have to do is open the rule book and look at the list of TECHNICAL SKILLS. You will find that HACKING (along with Hardware, Software, First Aid, Etc) is a TECHNICAL SKILL.

emo samurai
Oh... But can he design great circuitry?
nick012000
*pulls out a Clue Bat*
*begins beating emo_samurai with it*
Orb
That doesn't matter.

The example doesn't mean they were masters of ALL technical skills. I don't think Tesla was a great Armourer or Medic. If someone can prove me wrong I'll be happy to admit it.

The example is that FastJack, the greatest decker ever, would have 1 Technical Skill (presumably Hacking) at rating 7.
Orb
*pulls out a Clue Bat*

ROTFLMAO

Well said. I was trying to be nice.
emo samurai
*pulls out a Clue Bat*

*draws his Fuck You katana*
*retaliates in kind with more lethality*
milspec
Emo - don't forget about friends in the melee. You don't stand a chance against us all... wink.gif

milspec
emo samurai
That won't really matter to the people I kill.
Orb
Now this is what I was trying to avoid. smile.gif

Oh well, I guess my inherent Canadian politeness has been overwhelmed.
Squinky
I thought Emo guys wanted to die? Or was that just an act to impress the chicks?

Anyway, I don't understand this thread. FastJack is simplay as good as it gets at hacking, and was used as an example....what more is there to say?
emo samurai
I thought Emo guys wanted to die? Or was that just an act to impress the chicks?

Emo samurai also enjoy killing people with no thought to their own safety. Plus, I'm not emo. Emo samurai is a subversive joke because it insults a culture long dead and probably thought to be archaic by the country that had it.
Adam
Closed for flames. Emo, nick, knock it off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012