Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salish-Shidhe...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PiXeL01
First of all I havent bought SR4,nor an intention to buy it, though I have peeked at the map of North America anno 2070, but my question has little to do with that.

What I was wondering if it was ever discovered who or what was behind the socalled Biological attack near the Tsimshian border, what the agent was and so on. I know that in 2070 Tsimshian is under the control of Salish-Shidhe and old Ute nation has come under the thumb of Pueblo.
Anyone able to shed some light on the Salish-Tsimshian situation?

Was the earthquake in Richmond ever explained in any book if so what caused it, unless of course it was a natural cause
mintcar
WeŽre going to play in Salish so IŽd love some info too. All it says in SF is that MCT moved out, Tribal Council lended troops and Salish moved in with Sioux Wildcats at front to "stabilize the situation".
stevebugge
An earthquake in Redmond is a perfectly likely natural event. Earthquakes are common, even frequent up here in the Pacific Northwest, though rarely are they large enough to be felt.

http://www.ess.washington.edu/recenteqs/ to give you an idea.

There are, to the best of my knowledge 3 prevalent theories on the Bio Attack at the border. First the Tsimshian and MCT fearing an imminent attack launched it as a preemtive strike. Second is that the Sioux or STC staged it as a pretext to invade. Third is an MCT black facility had a containment breach which was interpreted as an attack. Those are the rumors I know of, not necessarily canon however.
MK Ultra
@Quake:
Was this in the year of the comet, this kind of stuff hapened everyware in that time. Allso, the Ring of Fire and the Dragons manipulations of Manalines could have caused it, just like in Japan only less sever. The conflict between SSC & Tsim heatet up because of a new Manaline popping up near the border around than.

@Bioattack:
In the novel "Tailes you loos" was described a pice of experimental cyber from PCI. It was supposed to be some more potent sleap regulator, minimizing the need for sleap to 15 Minutes a day or so. IIRC many SSC soldiers in the conflict died, because the could no more sleap, implying cyberexperimentation gon wrong. SSC would have allowed PCI to beta-test its new ware on the soldiers, so the undermanned SSC-forces could stand against the MCT enhanced Tsimshian military (there were more MCT-mercs involved than Tsimshian personel).

Edit: Another possibility would involve a toxic shamane or spirit attacking the SSC to protect its domaine.
Synner
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Edit: Another possibility would involve a toxic shamane or spirit attacking the SSC to protect its domaine.

Or maybe just trying to seed chaos to go about their nasty business - System Failure reveals Winternight had a base in Tsimshian and offers one reason why they'd want chaos at the front.
MK Ultra
Ah, I forgot about them for a sec. (fatal). But that makes perfectly sense! They had to test Ymir somewere right!
PiXeL01
Hmm .. now I'm asking about Indian holdings, what about Cheyenne Mountain? Who got it's hands/claws on it and what goes on there. I do not seem to recall it ever been mentioned, though I could be wrong.
stevebugge
It looks like it's in the Denver Freehold.
MK Ultra
IIRC its in the PCC Sector, but the UCAS striped much equipment and bombed it, as they retreated at the end of the Ghost Dance War. It was caved in since, but rumors abounded about activities in there, from PCC mil to Bug Spirits.
FlakJacket
The stripping it bare part certainly. Caved in? Maybe, maybe not. The Denver Boxed Set had a standard Denver sourcebook and a small GM's booklet outlining the secret backstory of the place and offering suggestions, it gave three options for the GM to choose from on a number of different locations, people and situations around Denver. Pistons, who wrote the Ghostwalker/Denver section of Year of the Comet, went pretty much option C all the way from what I can remember. smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]

mintcar
<<edit>> making a new subject for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012