Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Question of Anatomy
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aku
so i'm sort of flipping through my book in my reading room, and i look at the color pictures again (i like pictures...) And i notice, the woman in the foreground, shooting the picture... has no upperarm. Her forearm (hand included) is attached directly to her shoulder. Did she have botched cyber surgery? was she born with woman-parts bigger than her left arm?

Bored mind(s) want to know!
Critias
Nah, her upper arm/bicep/tricep is there. It's just a weird angle, and not the best inkjob.

Her elbow ends at the first rounded-off black line, and that "black line" being there is where the artist and/or inker did his screw up. The way it's angled, she's double-jointed at best (breaking her arm, at worst), because in order for it to LOOK like it does, she'd have her elbow bent the wrong way.
Aku
wait are you saying that the...blob, that appears like it might be a reconstructed/cuber shoulder, is ACTUALLY her upper arm? wow...
Critias
Yup.

Or, rather, I'm saying it's supposed tp be her upper arm.

It's really unfortunate -- though I don't particularly care for that piece of artwork, other than that arm it's a fairly well-drawn and realistically detailed (realistic for SR, at any rate) piece of work. The lone arm, and it's funny angle, really sticks out.
Adarael
It's not as bad as the rigger with angry flower nipples, from SR3. That picture makes me want to scream every time I see it.
Aku
hahaha, i like that picture. I think thats because it personifies my sexual frustration lol
MK Ultra
Speaking of that, how do you like the artwork in SR4?*

I think, while there are some decent pieces, most of it (especialy the Dwarv Metatype) are horribily bad. I got mixed feedback to this Q so maybe IŽll start a Poll.

*Edit: bad pictures, not sexual frustration grinbig.gif (which page are the angry flowers on? I think I liked it too, just canŽt quiet remember.
Aku
Angry flower nipples is on page 131, oppisite the start of the rigging chapter in SR3, i dont know if theres one in Rigger 3 or not.

I dont have SR4, so i can't say anything about bad pictures, or increased sexual frustration.
MK Ultra
Ok reviewed the picture and must say, I probably hate it, too (must have had it mixed up with somthing else in my mind, or maybe the word nipples made me want to like it nyahnyah.gif ). IŽve got no problem with the cloths thou, but rather with this freaked out face.
Aku
theres a face? huh, never noticed... silly.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012