Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Rule Creation] Chinese Acupuncture & An Chi
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheQuestionMan
Greeting Dumpshockers, I have a question for Shadowrun Guru's.

1. How would you create this Ability?
2. Is it Game Balanced?
3. Would this fall under Adept Abilities?
4. Does anyone remember the Martial Art Form that uses Throwing Spikes/Needles?
5. Could you call these Abilities "Chemical"?

Cheers

QM
mfb
paralyzing touch + distance strike. not legal according to the rules, but if you're the GM...
Backgammon
QUOTE (mfb)
paralyzing touch + distance strike. not legal according to the rules, but if you're the GM...

Sounds about right. Or maybe Missle Mastery.
Straight Razor
well you'd have to be a Phy Adept.

killing hands M 1.0
nerve strike 1.0
delay damage 2.5
missel mastery 1.0
Power blow x1 0.5
fistandantilus4.0
I did it quick and easy and made it a complementary skill to use in 'unarmed' combat. To balance a bit though, since potentially the PC could get a ton more dice, I applied a -1 reach modifier. The higher damage you can inflict frmo the extra dice reflected the extra pain/damage you were putting onto the body.
toturi
You guys do know what An Qi means, right? Right?

[ Spoiler ]
mfb
okay...? was that something from the movie? all i really remember about it is "Jet Li paralyzes people and beats up an entire police department".
Slump
In Kiss of the Dragon, he used a needle to put a girl into a coma (so she wouldn't cause trouble for him while he was going to get her daughter). He also stuck a needle in the back of a guy's neck and caused him to bleed from every available orifice in the head before he keeled over dead R2-D2 style. Worst climax ever.

I can't recall him using them much in combat. I know he did, I just can't remember any of it, except the title move.
Mr.Platinum
QUOTE (mfb)
okay...? was that something from the movie? all i really remember about it is "Jet Li paralyzes people and beats up an entire police department".

Yeah it was a shitty movie,

Jet Li: Hey a hooker i better help **says under his breath** and mayb some love for crack.

Hooker: can you help me get my bastard of a child back?

Jet Li: yeah one sec, let me get some crack first!
TheQuestionMan
Yes, we can all agree it was a terrible movie, but like Equalibrium there are some neat ideas that we can try to emulate.

Cheers

QM
emo samurai
Like dodging bullets and shooting fast in directions you don't look? Who doesn't have that idea?
MK Ultra
Now, that you poste it, it sounds more, as if Equilibrium borrowed from SR. grinbig.gif
Mr.Platinum
No, Equilibrium borrowed from 1984.
TheNarrator
Er... do you mean 1984? As in George Orwell's "1984"? Because yes, the setting is an amalgam of the great anti-utopia books of the mid-twentieth century: "1984", "Farenheit 451" and "Brave New World".

But none of those featured gun kata, bullet dodging or fighting six guys at a time. I think those parts were drawn from another source. biggrin.gif
Wiz In Red
Animal Farm?
Oh, c'mon that was funny.
TheQuestionMan
QUOTE (Wiz In Red)
Animal Farm?
Oh, c'mon that was funny.

Only in your own twisted little world. grinbig.gif
Wiz In Red
You're just mad because you're a figment of my imagination. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012