Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nomads
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
EVLTIM
Evidence.
Page 122 PAONA
The opening of Nomad states
The Nomad is an astral being . It manifests as a patch of darkness about .5 meters across. It manifests only to attack. On the astral it apears as a amoeboid creature of impenetrable blackness that is perhaps 1.5 meters across.
The text explains that it posses a host induceing a homicidal rage . Which the nomad usses to feed on the life force of the beings killed by the possessed .The only way to identify one is by astral where it apears as a dark blight on the person or animals aura .

Totally unrelated . We just had an earthquake .
Powers are listed as Compulshion( Homicidal Mania) Essens Drain( Modified)Imunity to normal weapons , and Manifestation .
The kicker is that all of the info is credited to Dunklezahn. Who makes his first post in this book on page 175 .

So is this a Horror ? Has there ever been confirmation ?If it is , is this the first confirmation in canon of them?
Ancient History
They may be minor Horrors. Certainly, beings fitting this description were known in Barsaive shortly before the Scourge.
EVLTIM
Hmm . I want to get an answear . Any tips on where to look for more relevent info ?
Reaver
QUOTE (EVLTIM)
Hmm . I want to get an answear . Any tips on where to look for more relevent info ?

It may not be a true horror, but more like a construct.
EVLTIM
Construct?

Sorry I am real shady on ED stuff.
Reaver
QUOTE (EVLTIM @ Oct 3 2003, 07:24 PM)
Construct?

Sorry I am real shady on ED stuff.

Kind of like a horror servant. Not a true horror per se.

The horrors created lots of contructs to harass the mortal world and act as cannon fodder.
EVLTIM
Ah . Soka .
Stormdrake
Has any one ever done a conversion of the Horrors to Shadowrun? Stats wise I mean.
Reaver
QUOTE (Stormdrake)
Has any one ever done a conversion of the Horrors to Shadowrun? Stats wise I mean.

Yes, and I've had to play it by ear with each and try to find the right balance for each creature.
EVLTIM
QUOTE (Reaver)
QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Oct 3 2003, 08:16 PM)
Has any one ever done a conversion of the Horrors to Shadowrun?  Stats wise I mean.

Yes, and I've had to play it by ear with each and try to find the right balance for each creature.

And where could one find one of these Conversions .
* Always looking for a new way to make the players cry .*
Reaver
QUOTE (EVLTIM)
QUOTE (Reaver @ Oct 6 2003, 06:40 AM)
Has any one ever done a conversion of the Horrors to Shadowrun?  Stats wise I mean.

I have all mine penciled in to my Earthdawn and Horrors book, just for those special days I really want to screw with my players. biggrin.gif

If you want, I could try to make a soft copy list. Can't garauntee it immediately though. Between work and current campaign AND writing to story for it I'm kinda swamped. grinbig.gif
EVLTIM
QUOTE (Reaver)
QUOTE (EVLTIM @ Oct 7 2003, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (Reaver @ Oct 6 2003, 06:40 AM)

I have all mine penciled in to my Earthdawn and Horrors book, just for those special days I really want to screw with my players. biggrin.gif

If you want, I could try to make a soft copy list. Can't garauntee it immediately though. Between work and current campaign AND writing to story for it I'm kinda swamped. grinbig.gif

When ever you get the time . I would be all over it .smile.gif
Reaver
LOL, ok. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012