Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Init and Stacking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Josh The Stampede
Yet another init question here. Wired/Synaptic/Etc all state that they can't be combined with other forms of initiative enhancement.

Does that mean that they don't stack at all with other things that give Reaction or extra passes, or does it simply mean that said other things don't ALSO further affect your Initiative?
Liper
initative is your final score after reaction etc, and how many iniative passes, you can still use reaction enchancers etc with em.
Josh The Stampede
So Initiative and Initiative Passes don't stack, but Reaction does? Are further Reaction bonuses prevented from affecting Initiative?
Lagomorph
initiative and IPs are now two seperate items completely. Reaction modifies initiative, but does not affect IP. Cyber wear can affect both Reaction (and Initiative by proxy) and IP, but it is two seperate items.
Josh The Stampede
Yes, but what I'm asking is whether that sentence about not stacking prevents, say, a sam with Wired 1 using Cram to get a third Pass and another point of Reaction.
Liper
cram won't give you another pass with wired active
nick012000
I would allow it.
Liper
what you would do doesn't change what the rules say =p
nick012000
*shrugs*

I'll point out that the combat drugs section doesn't state that they don't stack like all the rest do.

I'd also allow the stacking of Wired Reflexes and the adept power Improved Reflexes, because Grade 1 wired+Grade 1 power = worse than either one alone (2 essense lost (2 effective PP) +2PP>3PP), and 1+2= same as either one alone.
Liper
let me point out something for you...

Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of initiative enchancment

Cram...

characters may decide to use cram if they cannot afford cyberware or bioware....

oh and the best part +1 iniative pass...
Jazz +1 iniative pass. (read the bolded part if you don't know why this is important)
nick012000
I'm well aware of that. I'm just saying that I'd allow it, because mixing adept powers/wired reflexes is at best only a slight loss: you're only losing some money, as opposed to a net power point.
Liper
lol you'd let the adept power and wired stack?

why not let adept power and synaptic booster stack? or is that assumed also? =p

nick012000
No, because the bioware is mechancally superior to the wired when combined with the adept power.
mintcar
How about spending Edge for extra passes? Also not allowed with wired reflexes?
Oracle
Edge is not an initiative enhacement. Edge is...Edge. ^^
Liper
No, because the bioware is mechancally superior to the wired when combined with the adept power.

Ah, so now insteed of even going logically (sorry bioware is more likely to work with magic then with cyber) you're just going off some crackpot, I think it's more balanced approach.

so your starting characters can have 4ip I see = )

rt 1 wired(alpha) + reflexes 2

now the adept also has .4 essence he can play with.

boy that sounds real balanced compared to the other adept that has to spend 5 magic points to do that, this one spends 3 loses two, but gets more!
Josh The Stampede
QUOTE (Liper)
let me point out something for you...

Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of initiative enchancment

Cram...

characters may decide to use cram if they cannot afford cyberware or bioware....

oh and the best part +1 iniative pass...
Jazz +1 iniative pass. (read the bolded part if you don't know why this is important)

The problem here is that we don't know whether Initiative Passes are lumped in with Initiative for this purpose. It may well be that it's just talking about your Initiative attribute.

Think of it this way: If they didn't use the term "Initiative Passes" but instead called them "Extra Actions" or, say "Celerity" or whatever, would we still be having this argument? Or would we have assumed they all stacked?
Liper
iniative covers two areas, which is collectively referred to as initiative.

one is your initiative score which determines the order everyone acts
the other is your initative passes which determines how many times each person can act..

Anything that affects the score or the passes is not compatible with wired reflexes, adept ability, the spell, or bioware (as each item stats)

however those above mentioned are the only things that affect anything directly with the iniative currently. (since reaction and intuition are indirectly related)

one thing I am sad to see go is the boosted reflexes cyber.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012