Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [News] Those wacky Irish
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Link to The New York Times' story

If it asks for ID & Password, use "Dumpshock" and "Forum" (yes, without the "s").

I'm so waiting for someone to cook up a theory about elves spreading around. wink.gif

BTW: 16 million people descend from Genghis Khan? Khaaannnn!!! silly.gif
fistandantilus4.0
and of course they are all descendants of the first 'quinn. Har'le'quin that is. silly.gif
PBTHHHHT
Darn those dandelion eaters!
*shakes fist at them*
You mean to tell me lots of the cute irish redheads are related to him? ARGH!!!
the_dunner
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
Darn those dandelion eaters!
*shakes fist at them*
You mean to tell me lots of the cute irish redheads are related to him? ARGH!!!

Well, since the mutation is Y-linked, the cute *female* redheads, wouldn't have any genetic evidence of linkage. wink.gif
PBTHHHHT
k, a bit better... but still, how many of them are still related to that dandelion eater! Noooo! wink.gif
JongWK
Well, since the mutation is Y-linked, the cute *female* redheads, wouldn't have any genetic evidence of linkage. wink.gif

You mean they all come from Alachia? nyahnyah.gif
Bitten Twice
Bad, bad BAD Jong! biggrin.gif
MK Ultra
Well, females won´t be abled to have as many descendants as males, so I guess, the chance to date one of Alachias decendents is much less, then the chance to date one of Harlequins... Hum, well, at least after 2061 thats probably better anyway, since these thorns can realy ruin the third date wink.gif

Edit: But at least virginity fanatics would have no problem to find blood on there sheets after honeymoon rotfl.gif
Valentinew
The link's broken. Could someone give me the quick & simple version?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Valentinew)
The link's broken. Could someone give me the quick & simple version?

Genetic testing showed that about 1 out of 50 men with Irish ancestry have a locus on their Y chromosome that can be traced back to a common male ancestor about 1500 years ago. The claim is that this male ancestor is Niall of the 9 hostages. As such Niall has about 1.6 million descendants in the modern world.

Other interesting notes from the article is that Jenghis Kahn has 16 million decendants alive in the world today.

-Frank
hyzmarca
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Well, females won´t be abled to have as many descendants as males, so I guess, the chance to date one of Alachias decendents is much less, then the chance to date one of Harlequins... Hum, well, at least after 2061 thats probably better anyway, since these thorns can realy ruin the third date wink.gif

Edit: But at least virginity fanatics would have no problem to find blood on there sheets after honeymoon rotfl.gif

A female won't be able to have as many children as a male in the extreme ranges. Really, around 20 is pushing it for most women while men can easily father one a day from puberty to death if provided with the opportunity.

However, both men women will have male decendants and female decendants, thus evening things out a bit in the long run. Of course, with an IE you never know. One kid a year for 5,000 years.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
A female won't be able to have as many children as a male in the extreme ranges. Really, around 20 is pushing it for most women while men can easily father one a day from puberty to death if provided with the opportunity.

However, both men women will have male decendants and female decendants, thus evening things out a bit in the long run. Of course, with an IE you never know. One kid a year for 5,000 years.

hehe, I can see Harlequinn making this statement at a certain point...

I need rest. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised.

MK Ultra
You know what Aina sayed to him: "How could you get involved with someone that may be your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grant-daughter!" cool.gif
PBTHHHHT
Elves, the inbred race...
MK Ultra
Well, those frail bodies and sickly light tint got to come from somewere right rotfl.gif

Ahh, I like elves, no realy, those petty I.E.s and snobbish wannabees, You got to lurv them as a gm. could do with a fiewe tir-elven-adept-badass-player-charakter-clones less though rotate.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012