Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where the frag is...?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BookWyrm
Hi gang. I was re-thumbing through Shadows of Asia, mostly to take a break from readng SR4, and I happened to remember a few things about there being an "Awakened Nation" (mostly from previous SR3 & past entries in other books) somewhere in Russia/Asia. Does anyone know where & what page?
bclements
2 actually:

-Yakut (toward the back of the book, IIRC). Located in Siberia. I think this is the one you're thinking of.

-Manchuria I would probably consider 'Awakened', should be in the China section. Spirits are considered citizens, I think that a spirit is the President, that kind of thing.
Mr.Platinum
Running in an awakened nation makes my mind run wild, it's like a whole new type of Runs open up, now all i have to do is waite to see what my mind will create.
BookWyrm
Ah, thanks.
MK Ultra
Maybe you are looking for the jungel-ruins of Angkor in Cambodia, that are squatted by Naga and some other critters. They were first mentioned in T:AL
BookWyrm
Not really, MK, I recall it was in Russia. I read the stuff in T:AL, but that wasn't it.

I recently read that section of Shadows of Asia that bclements mentions, and I think that's what I was looking for. I'll skim through it again later.
MK Ultra
Yay, wolve-shifter secret police, bird-shifter spies and great cat-shifter kill-squads, all we gm lurve biggrin.gif
Brahm
Where are the bird shapeshifters from? That Shadows of Asia section mentions the spys are Owl shapeshifters, but Critters says it lists all known types and the only bird it has is Eagle.
BookWyrm
Good question.
Drace
Exactly, all known ones, more than likely theres more coming to light as the mana levels rise

Also, I thought that all of siberia revolted and became an awakened nation?
MK Ultra
Yea, the indigene population rbelled against the russians and with the help of some kind of free spirit and it´s shapeshifter cult, they became indipendant. But now they are not as hapy as they thought thay´d be, cuz the spirit seams to have an agenda of its own vegm.gif

Edit:
There have been numerous hints at other animal-shifters, than those described in the rules (swans somewere in Eire, e.g.), there are presumably lots of different types, but, since most shifters (unlike Tikki and Castillano) won´t have anything to do with humanity, they are not known to the world at large.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012