Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the corrected 2nd printing out yet?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Horror

One of my players is going to order the SR4 book, but wants to make sure he gets the second printing.

Is the second printing already out?

Is there a difference in ISBN numbers or some other sort of identifying feature that can easily be used to tell the printing number apart, other than looking at the bottom of pg 13?

The Horror
Zolhex
QUOTE (The Horror)
Is the second printing already out?

Is there a difference in ISBN numbers or some other sort of identifying feature that can easily be used to tell the printing number apart, other than looking at the bottom of pg 13?

Yes and as far as I know no difference other than at the end of the credits where it should say corrected 2nd printing.
The Horror

Uhm. So ordering from Amazon is going to be pot luck then.

Thanks for the response! I'm sure he'll go ahead and get it anyway.

The Horror
Zolhex
hehe no offence but screw amazon find a book store or a gaming shop. From what I hear amazon is a gamble no matter the situation when it comes to rpg's.
Gildashard
Well, it's hard to beat amazon on price. Never had a bad experience with them, usually delivery is fast (2-4 days).

Only thing is, there's no telling which edition you may get. I guess you could ask but I doubt they will know.
The Horror
QUOTE (Casazil)
hehe no offence but screw amazon find a book store or a gaming shop. From what I hear amazon is a gamble no matter the situation when it comes to rpg's.

Ah, there are some problems with that. Firstly, the stores here in Australia severely overprice their books. So much so that it is often cheaper to order them retail and pay the shipping costs from the US or UK than to buy them locally. Secondly, SR4 is currently on order here and won't be in until late Feb. So Amazon it is this time.
Adam
Amazon has the second printing.
The Horror

Fantastic!!!
Aristotle
I finally ordered my hard copy from Amazon last week, and it was the second printing. I love the convenience of my digital copy of the rules but it didn't really hit home that this really was a new edition of the game until I had a physical copy of the book in my hands.
Gildashard
Adam, did they only receive the 2nd printing? Don't want to get some old 1st printing they had lying about.
Adam
I'm quite sure you won't. The first printing sold out incredibly quickly.

The second printing should be making its way to game stores this week, btw, and it too will be selling out incredibly quickly -- if you plan on ordering it from your local store, call them up to make sure they have a copy for you.
Bull
My FLGS has the 2nd printing sitting happily on their shelves. I'll probably buy it next week. smile.gif

Bull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012