Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Into the Breech
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BishopMcQ
Van Team
Taking care to not cut himself, Wolfgar quickly unscrews the plates on the stolen van. At the same time, Kevin slams through the outer carapace of defenses that the van had and forces his way inside the central processing unit.
Crystalmonkey
"Hey Wolf, anything special you want me to do with this van, besides make sure no alarms are set?"
warrior_allanon
"Just make sure you leave no traces and i dont get nailed by a shocker either" wolfgar replies
Crystalmonkey
"Done" says Kevin.
warrior_allanon
With Kevin's word that it is complete, Wolfgar goes up and using the same proceedure swaps the plates from the van they stole with the ones on the van in front of them. Then he takes the stolen plate on the stolen van and gets back in the drivers seat. "Mission accomplished for this section, lets head back to the rest of them."
DireRadiant
Cruising to the rendezvous, Des lets the car drive itself while he reviews the set of data he's generated.

//Owl: Keep watch with Peregrine and Kestrel.
//Owl: Ah yes, include Buzzard.
//Browse -BurningBox -Run

In AR a green wireframe layout of a small building and it's front parking lot appears. The perspective shifts out and away, showing more of the neighborhood. Des runs through some cycle options, and the wireframe model shifts as high definition video overlays and reconstructed images bring the scene to life. Audio cuts in briefly, barely noticeable because of the relative silence in the area observed. Flipping back to the wireframe view, various locations are highlighted based on concealability and accessibility.

Continuing the scene, yellow streams animate and weave through the streets, the perspective shifting to high overhead, the route overlays blending as they show paths to Tacoma. Pinpoints offer high definitions selections and additional data, and as one is selected an inserted blow up view displays an isolated street and overpass with additional options for perspective views.

Jumping to the end point in high definition mode, the sound of water and engines enhance the sense dockside work. A high speed playback shows the activity aboard the deck of a waiting ship, the untelegenic facial images of the crew indicating the unplanned nature of the data capture.

Des shifts his perspective back out of AR and checks his position.

//Kestrel: Sensor sweep, target rendezvous point.

Let's see if the meet is still clear. No calls, so could be bad or good. Should have set some positive confirmation codes for each other.
Rokur
The morning after.....

Krum wakes up after a good fit sleep. He showers and cleans up after being face planted in the dirt last night. His mind still is reeling from the psychological effects of the Deep Extract. His mind is fairly small, so he doesn't recognize very well much of what happened, and has not really made an attempt to analyze anything.

Krum puts on the soykaff, heats up a breakfast burrito for himself, and turns on sportscenter waiting for everyone else to come in. He pulls out his axe, bow and quiver, putting them in the corner in plain view. People get here soon. Me thinks place ready. me no need clean. Krum thinks to himself even though the place really is not very tidy with leftover trash and filled ashtrays lying all around.
warrior_allanon
Wolfgar pulls up to Krum's apartment in the van and parks it. The night before he had dropped Kevin off with the admonition to be back over here no later than 08:30 before he went home and caught a few hours of sleep himself. Walking up the steps with a couple ofMcHughs sacks in one hand and a 4cup carrier of soycaf in the other Wolfgar gently kicks the door to Krum's apartment with a pair of double taps.
GingerKid
JuJu pulls up to the appartment from the day before. He sees Wolfgar at the front, and feeling rather chipper says as he walks to the door, "Good Morning."
DireRadiant
Des gets out of his Comet, then pauses and looks at the apartment building as the vehicle drives itself away. Reseating his glasses and testing them against the morning sun, he then turns and walks in and up to the apartment. Knocking quietly and nodding politely to everyone he meets.
Bearclaw
A few hours of sleep and Hunter is good for another day. A cup of soycaff and a Soy-kelp bar, shave the head and out the door to Krums place.
He stops in at the Stuffer Shack, picks up a dozen bearclaws and parks across the street from Krum's appartment.
Entering the apartment, Hunter see's he's not the first or the last to arrive. "Good morning gentlemen. Care for a bearclaw?"
Hunter sits down at the table and asks the big guy "Hey, do you have anything to wash this down with?"
Crystalmonkey
Kevin wanders to the appartment after taking the bus.

"Thank god for public transportation."
DireRadiant
Des points to Krum's trid unit, carefully asking "May I?"

//Kestrel: Standard Scan. 5 minute cycle
//Owl: Prepare the run the -BurningBox data on the trid unit
Rokur
"Hoi hoi chums," Krum mutters as everyone comes into the room. He helps himself to one of the bearclaws, and pours a cup of soykaff for himself out of the pot that was brewed. Turning to Hunter he looks in the fridge for anything fresh. "I'll check to see what me got. But make yo'selves at home gents. Mi casa es su casa."

When Des asks about the trid, Krum just shrugs, and nods with a simple, "No problem. Do what you need." After he finishes his donut, Krum settles down on his big couch, on his special troll sized recliner section with the extra-long kick out leg-rest. He sips his coffee before saying. "Anyone want to start this meeting of da minds? or we be doing the magic business right away?"
DireRadiant
The trid turns on.

"Do not be alarmed. We have taken control of your trid...."

Des shakes his head once, then shrugs apologetically as the trid sound turns off and the display of an interactive map of Seattle comes up. Highlighted in the map display are a series of yellow route lines dotted with red pin markers for additional data input.

"The map data is static, I'll run an edited version based on our planning and other data you provide. We can use this to run some scenario models."
GingerKid
"This is what I found out about the shop. It is surrounded by a very powerfull ward, created by three people. 2 of the creators are to the north of Seattle. 1 is to the east of Seattle. I did not have time to track the lines of power further than the edges of the city."

"Now I could try pushing through the barrier astrally, but it will be difficult and we run the risk of alerting the creators. We could break in the mundane way, but I would have to go with the people entering the shop as there might be spirits to deal with, however I am not very learned in the ways of stealth. Both options have risks."

Crystalmonkey
Kevin says, while reaching for a bearclaw:

"When I scanned, all I got was a traffic sensor."
DireRadiant
Nodding Des concurs with Kevin, "Kestrel also detected only one active node."

A marker on the trid projection blinks. The overall image flickers, then is replaced by the same underlying image with new highlights. A green outline glows around the shop with two lines extending north, and one to the east.

"Updated."
Rokur
"Aye the place seems practically barren. We could roll a tank through there and not be noticed at all me thinks. Nothing seems to exist on the security. No cameras, no watch spirits, nothing but a maglock on the door and some blinds on the windows it seems. I think our warded van approach, leading to a smash and grab might be the simplest and most effective plan."
Bearclaw
Hunter steps up. "I guess it's my turn now. I scouted the dropoff area pretty well. Here's what I've got. OK, first, a lot of these streets are one way." Pointing into the display he says "This one here goes that way, this one goes this way, this one dead ends over here, and there's a big enough pothole right here to hide a couple of trolls. Apparently, we're dropping off to a small ship, and there were a handful of guys on board when I went by.
I don't have anything to add about the pickup point, you guys covered it better than me."
DireRadiant
The trid display updates with the additional data. A blowup view of the ship appears with a set of facial profiles of crew members, along with a tentative crew count.
warrior_allanon
How high were the buildings around the drop off, cause i for one would like a little fire support if it drops in the pot there." Wolfgar asks as he dumps the 20 McHughs breakfast sandwiches out on the cleared coffee table. "and dig in, i dont just buy for myself here." Suiting action to words he grabs one of the soy sausage egg and cheese and starts pulling off the paper.
Rokur
Krum puts out his cigarette at the mention of some sandwiches. He grabs 3 right off the bat and sits back down on the couch. He munches as he sits there and pretends to think. Meanwhile he wolfs down one of the sandwiches. After some loud chewing noises, he starts to clear his throat. "urgh herm... some cover from a rooftop would be grand. But we gotta think of how to be fastest and toughest against a long trip. I think I know a plan to get it done well. We ward the van, a few of us together. Then we conjure up some help from our magical friends, and then we roll into there in the van as Me, JuJu, Hunter and DES can hopefully drive us in. We get out, punch in, and find the thing and get out. Meanwhile, we have our backups, DES from his real body, Wolfgar, and Kevin's meat body. We might need Kevin or DES to jam their signals so they can't get any messages out. While we either will need to call u in to back us up, or hopefully just call you with an it's all clear.

Then we ride out to the drop site, where the "back-up" team can go on our call as intial recon. Wolfgar can set up position to give us some roof cover, and we'll have DES and Kevin scanning the areas for any possible hostiles. We drop it off in the van, we get out rendezvous somewhere safe, ditch the van and call it a day. Then we go talk to the big shot and see about our vittles."
warrior_allanon
As Krum goes through his plan, wolfgar starts to shake his head in a negative fashion. "Cant do that Krum," Wolfgar says as krum finishes. "Our spirits or elementals cant get through that ward without setting it off big time. No i think what were gonna have to do is cut all electronic acess to the outside the instant before we go in. Any alarm system they have is probably old school hardwired. I should go in to help with any spirits the place may have as a defense, as should Ju Ju for the same reason and Kevin for any electronic stuff we might have to deal with. Hunter would probably be a good addition for this as well in case its people we end up having to deal with. The rest probably would be better off waiting with the van and providing overwatch."

Wolfgar continued to lay out his plan in broad strokes. "The van team would take a slightly long route to the drop point with the item while me and hunter proceed to the drop and make sure we have a cold LZ. DES drives, and provides remote overwatch Ju Ju and Kevin make sure that the van isnt noted or followed. Krum, your gonna be our handler. When you do the drop off, you'll hold onto the item until we have the proper person and then you'll hand it over. If we dont get the verification we are supposed to have you keep hold of the item no matter what.
Crystalmonkey
Kevin nods.

"I can keep an eye out for more than one thing, so I should be able to take care of watching for any calls for help, as well as us being noticed. In any event, I'll look at which programs will be good for this mission."
DireRadiant
Des listens to the plans, mentally mapping out some flowcharts of the actions.

Clearing his throat, "I don't have a jammer, does anyone here have one? And errr... well I have a contact that may be able to get us more information, the rate is 100 per name plus 50 per question. I would have already run some queries, but I wasn't sure what you'd all want to know, and, well... I am little short on ready cash, I can convert some long term investments into cash, but I'd want to know I am making a good investment before doing that."

As the trid updates and displays a scenario flowchart, "Oh, and I am right in thinking we are trying to get in without tripping the alarms as the first option?"
warrior_allanon
Turning to Des, Wolfgar shakes his head in a negative fashion. "No, were not going to jam it. We're gonna cut it all, the power, phones, and the probable uplink for any alarm system. As for info, i dont know if we really have any more questions about the players in this little farce. I also doubt we have time to ask any. We have to pull this off tonight really."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012