Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Into the Breech
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BishopMcQ
Des
Just another day in the sprawl, you had just opened the case of the Dalmation to give the poor thing a tune up after the last few weeks of hard work when the phone rings. With half a thought, you answer the line and the world around you blurs for a second as the sim-feed overrides your optical nerves.

Trader Vicki smiles across the link.
"Let me guess, you're patching up that blasted skimmer again and listening to tribal rock? Well Eagle, it's time to put that away and get to work. There's a job to be had and you're the only one I know to do it."

Hunter Musashi
With careful precision, you draw the razor back over your head again. Though your skin is a little tougher than most, so is your hair and thus the razor must be extra sharp.

Rinsing the blade, you towel off the remnants of the soap. It wouldn't moisturize your scalp, but it kept the razor from leaving a rash. The need for care gone, you split your attention between the waking world around you and the digital fortress that lives inside you.

Diagnostics come back clean for the muscle replacement though the myomeric cabling would need a more intensive check in a few weeks to ensure that it isn't damaging the surrounding tissue.

//--Incoming Message--//
"Job oppurtunity to be had. Paradise O, 2030, tonight.--The Suit"

JuJu
"Julius, are you available to do some work?"

The Suit, an elven fixer out of Capitol Hill, and he always called just after you took off your wig. Voice only and always about business--over the last few months, you'd received more regular calls from him. It is obvious that you have made your way past his regular list and were en route to his a-list, if you kept up the good work.

"This one seems right up your alley, stop by the 'O' tonight if you are interested."

The fridge reports that it is in need of the following items to meet standard usage requirements for the next week. Items scroll by along the image link, words phantasmally floating across your vision.

Krum
"Oi, Krum!! You overgrown barfly. If you be wanting to cover your tab for this week, you best do some work once in awhile. There's a man calls himself the Suit, on account of his high falutin' designer suits. He needs big strong oafs like you to do some special work."

The dwarf stomps along behind the bar, climbing the stairs to the troll-sized section. It was odd for McGee to stop by the bar in the afternoon, but he had a supply shipment to check in and his assistant had called in.

Kevin McKnight
Crawling through the bowels of the network, you continue your search for the missing link between Mr. Alderway's bank account and his petty cash shortages. A window cracks open next to you blowing a soft sea breeze through the dust and darkness of the lower basements of the financial records host.

"Kevin, would you be adverse to some overtime? Strictly off the books?"

Whenever the elder Adders asked you that, the case generally stretched the proposed legality of matters.

Wolfgar
You weigh the Predator carefully in your hand, feeling the thousand consequences that have been handed over from it. Taking a deep breath, you blink once, aim and depress the trigger several times.

Another hour at the firing range completed, you are sure that your skills haven't slipped. Confident, you call Lucky to find out what she has for you this week.

"Well, sugah, I was just about plum dry, when I found one that could be right up your alley. It's not much to go off of, but the man pulling things together knows the right people. If you want to have some work this week, go and see a man called the Suit tonight at the Paradise O. It's up on Cap Hill, so be ready for all types."
Crystalmonkey
Another "off the books" job, great. I wonder what it involves this time.

A quick glance around the area reveals a picture window with what at first appears to be a small family of humans, but on closer examination actually shows a small family of orks. A man of average height stands next to a slightly smaller woman, with a small child in between them. In the background, what appears to be a Stuffer Shack takes up most of the area, and lots of people can be seen walking by.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway, money is money.

With that thought, Kevin sends back his reply, saying only three words:

'Time and Place'

The message sent, Kevin turns his attention back to sifting through the records, hoping to find that one small piece that will help solve the puzzle.
warrior_allanon
"Alright Lucky, I know you and pop go way back, so your one of the few people I trust out here. Give me some more details and be prepared for a shopping list to come into you."

After getting the information about the meet Wolfgar logged off the terminal and walked toward his apartment. Sliding his smart shades down over his eyes Wolfgar's mind raced. What kind of mission would this be, what would the pay be like, The landlord would want his rent in another week, and could at best be stalled for another week after that so he at least had to make enough off this run to pay the rent. Well whatever it was would hopefully be better than sitting in the basement apartment in toursitville and eating nothing but boxed Ramen.

After reaching his apartment wolfgar pulled out his weapons and an old battered looking guitar case. The case was a gift from his father, a case for his weapons that his father had used during his running days. After laying out and cleaning his weapons, wolfgar picked through them and put what he wouldnt be carrying in the guitar case and the case back into the corner of his closet.

Wolfgar walked out of the apartment and up to his bike carrying only what he considered the bare essentials. His predator with a spare clip, and one of two survival knives under his long coat. As always, he left with enough time to be on site for the meet 15 minutes prior to the meet time.

DireRadiant
Des smiles warmly, "I'll never admit to listening to Tribal music, and where will the Trade Winds send us this time?"

I can't escape it though, I hear the horns, drums and chants in my head, singing to me in my sleep, and at odd times when I am awake. And it doesn't show up on the sensor recordings.

After listening to the instructions, Des signs off with a wink, "I go where the Trade Wind sends me."

Got time to finish the maintenance on the Peregrine before I need to wash up and go.
GingerKid
Work... Good, I haven't been able flex my power in a while.

In a flat tone JuJu replies to the elf, "Very good. I will be there."

JuJu sighs when the fridge report pops up. Using his comlink, he places an order for the necessary items to be delivered to Mr. Julius Johnson. "I really need to make more money, so I can move out of this dump." With that he removes all distractions and walks into his study to prepare for the meet.

Sitting at his desk JuJu draws on the power that he has cultivated over the years manipulating it to make his nervous system work faster than any normal man. Drawing the power through one of the dragon claw slivers around his neck, and then pushing back out through the other before it settles on his body. Satisfied with the result, JuJu gathers his normal 'Meet' gear. When he is set, he heads down to his scoot and rides off to the 'O'.
Bearclaw
Without hesitation Hunter sends back "I'll be there".
"Work" thinks Hunter. "Good".
For others in his line of work, a job is a way to pay the bills. Maybe to spit a little bit of lifes injustices back in the faces of some of those responsible. For Hunter it's different. A chance to test his skills again. Maybe even a chance to pit his blade against a worthy adversary. Paying the bills is nice, but not as important as keeping his edge sharp. And the edge is sharp.
Working kata on the roof of the adandoned parking garage next to his bolt hole, Hunter knows nothing but the whip of the blade through the wind, and the sweat on his freshly shaved scalp.
Block, sidestep, downstroke turned to a sidestroke, roll right, throw a spike through a can, high block, sweep the front leg, downstroke, never stop moving. Every ten minutes or so, he stops long enough to pick up his spikes and stars, set the cans back up and wring his headband out.
Two hours later, showered and in full biker gear, Hunter heads down town to check out the Paradise O.
BishopMcQ
Kevin
"You will be meeting with one of our investors known as The Suit. He wants to have drinks at a local bar called the Paradise O. 8:30 tonight, be prompt."

Assured that you would accept the overtime, Steven closes the window. Growing frustrated with searching you pull up an agent, task it and the automated search engine carries on in your absence.

Wolfgar
The woman hemms and haws a bit before you finagle the sparse details out of her.

"Sugah, The Suit's got a sense of style that would do any Southern gentleman proud. Word is out that he's looking for some heavies to do a little bit of lifting. He'll go over the details tonight around 8:30."

Des
Trader Vicki nods at your silent acceptance of repairing another drone and takes your vocal denial in stride. She gives you the address for the Paradise O and the time of the meet.

JuJu
Strings of mana bend and flex under your will as you force small strands of the universe itself into the image you seek. With the power locked into the focus, reality is partitioned into instants and the spaces between. You make last minute preparations before leaving for the meet.

Hunter
The workout stretches muscles and awakens the sense of wholeness that resides deep within as you move through the forms which will prove the difference between life and death. Over and over, each step of the dance a collection of choreographed muscle memory and inevitability.
Crystalmonkey
Always taking it for granted that I'll take the work. I guess it doesn't help my case when he's RIGHT though.

Kevin thought, a bit disgruntled.

After thinking about it for a minute or two, he decided to start searching around for info about The Suit and The Paradise O, after all knowledge is power.

I can get dressed before I head over there, but this is more important.

After taking some time to let his browse program gather up the information, Kevin logged himself out of the Matrix without even glancing at what was found, waking up to the real world again and getting ready to head home.

Soon I'll be able to just enter the network from home, no more dragging myself here just to head off into the virtual world.

Heading home, it only took him about 15 minutes, not living that far from the office where he worked. Looking around his appartment, he found his Business Clothes and Pulsar taser.

I'm a hacker, not a slacker after all. I need to look presentable, especially for a place called the "Paradise O". Speaking of which, I wonder what the program found.

After putting everything on, Kevin picked up his commlink to see what info had been collected.
BishopMcQ
Des
As you make the preparations to head out, the agent signals that it has completed your search given the time alloted. A thorough examintation of all data will take longer than given but it has come to the conclusion that the Paradise O is located in Capitol Hill and is a popular drinking establishment with some food options. The head barman is named Charles, known for purple velour pants and nepotism. His nephew bounces five nights a week.

A search for The Suit yielded several million false positives, however when grammatical analyses were run to ensure that the usage was for a proper noun, results varied. An elven male, with expensive taste in suits. It is said that he never wears the same suit twice. He works out of a regular table at the Paradise O through some arrangement with the management. The Suit has worked in the Seattle community for over ten years.

JuJu
A quick download from the Seattle P-I tells you that the Paradise O recently finished remodeling after the riots and should be open for business soon. Glancing quickly at the date of the article, seeing as how you don't remember any recent riots, you notice that it is dated for late 2061.

Kevin
Sifting through the data, blogs, and personal reflections that get spewed into the Matrix at a near constant rate, you begin to pick up bits and pieces about The Suit.

An elf, nearing his fifties, The Suit retired to Seattle from Denver. Little is known about his time there, except that he had established permanent residency in Denver and New York for several years, travelling often between the two. All records point to him being corporate of some kind, but nothing crops up in the search. Working out of the Paradise O, he has a penchant for being exactly five minutes late, flying in, explaining the job and leaving without ever ordering a drink.

With a silent nod, you glance over the available info on the Paradise O. Situated neatly in Capitol Hill, there is a high awakened demographic . Charles, the owner, is said to be awakened. All the building materials were shipped in stright from Charles' native Scotland.
Rokur
"Huzzah, work. I knew you were good for something you weenie. Why I spend all my time here is becoming a mystery to even me." Krum laughs out loud as he guzzles down his beer. "Man, high falutin SUIT man gonna offer me a job. So mcgee, you sure this guy is alright? I don't wanna have to hunt him down and knock his head into a wall to get my money this time. OI! that reminds me! you watch that fight on the Trid yesterday? Big ork got fragged by a human! This guy was good!"

Krum flirts with the well-known staff as he orders another beer. "keep em coming won't you lass?" He gives out a burp and leans back against the chair. "So McGee, how's this fine establishment been doing? How's the wife? etc. etc." his drunk ramblings go on and on about little of value. His mind comes clear every once in a while and remembers the excitement of work again. Certain questions are asked as he slowly thinks of them. "When's the meet? What's the job? how much it pay? Do I know the players? and How much do i get paid up front?" All these questions pop out of Krums everflowing mouth. Some slurred, and some unintelligible, however he makes himself clear the second, third, or fourth time around. "I SAID!!!!! HOW MUCH IS THE JOB PAYING!"
Crystalmonkey
Not that much about the Paradise O, but enough for my purposes I suppose.

Putting his commlink away, Kevin made finished some last minute touches on his outfit and then headed out the door.

It was a gritty day, no surprise, and even though he looked at ease he kept a close eye on the areas around him.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me, he thought to himself with a dark chuckle.

Arriving at the bus stop, he boarded with a quick "Hello" to the driver when the bus arrived shortly thereafter.

The driver only nodded in reply, making sure that his fare had been collected.

After taking a seat, he leaned back and let his mind wander a bit as the world went past the window.

Let's see what this guy has to offer.
DireRadiant
That's both the Peregrine and the Kestrel setup for today, do I have time to give them a test flight? No, only time to degrease, shower and get dressed to head out. See what Owl dug up, run through it while I'm showering.

Not much really, should I bother refining the search? It's good enough.

Time to get dressed and go.

Des throws on a matte black jumpsuit over his slight frame, and runs his hands through his close cropped bleached blonde hair before slipping on his replica bomber pilot jacket. Getting into his Comet, Des slips on his mirrored glasses, covering his dark eyes, and spends a moment viewing the multiple reflections in the cars rear view mirror.

One of those is the real me, but which one?

Well at least none of those waved back or tried to talk to me. Last time that happened still has me spooked.

Des plugs in, and lays back in his seat, idly perusing the latest metroplex flight regulations and notices as the Comet drives itself to Capital Hill.
BishopMcQ
Krum
McGee stomps down the bar to you as you continue to shout drunken questions. His voice is a quiet hiss.

"Boy, you know I just tell you where and when. I don't know how much or what he wants you to do. Go or don't go, but stop shouting about it here."

Shaking his head, the dwarf walks away to go back to checking in the supply order.
GingerKid
Unreliable piece of....

JuJu takes a deep breath. Disgusted with his comlink JuJu mumbles "Ok, now let's see if we can't get some useful information about the 'O'."
Rokur
"Grrr" is all that's heard from the big trolls mouth after witnessing his buddy's attitude.

He continues drinking for a bit and slowly gets to going with a nod to all the workers. He decides to clear his head and smoke some deepweed in his apt. before the meet. Krum enjoys doing mundane thins while "high." He showers, eats, and tries to watch trideo while being forced into perpetual astral perception. He enjoys listening to the TV and experiencing life from the astral view. Then he wears a regular black shirt and some jeans. He leaves everything but his commlink at home, and he heads out to the bus to get to the meet. He makes sure his commlink stays in hidden mode the whole way, and follows the bus routes where noone will care. He goes into the place about half an hour before the time just to get a few drinks in.
BishopMcQ
JuJu
With a snarl, you reactivate the search engine in your commlink and it comes back after a few moments comes back with results. In addition to be located in the heart of the awakened community, the O is a hotspot for paranormal activity, possibly because of the heightened awakened presence at all times.

Team
Downtown traffic is fairly light as you drive down I-5 into the Capitol Hill area. Turning up the hill, the clean neighborhood is regularly patrolled by Lonestar. Patrolcars and beat cops who seem to be on good relations with local business owners pass through the area, frequently stopping to converse about community affairs.

The Paradise O outside is understated with simple neon and very few AROs. Passing into the bar, you see primarily hardwood and natural products. Spacious and comfortable, there are several booths around the edge of the main room with regulars standing around the bar. An orc in his mid-20s wearing a "Denver Rulez" t-shirt is playing pool with an elf male. Both men chat with each other amiably and have occassional remarks thrown their way from a small woman at the bar sipping a neon blue drink.

Behind the counter, a woman with fiery red snakes for hair lays down a scathing diatribe with a huge Scotsman in a utilikilt.
Rokur
Krum turns his commlink off as he enters into the nicer areas of town. I hate these uppity "beautiful" people who keep ten pounds of makeup on at all times. As he enters the Paradise O his eyes widen with pleasure and appreciation. He instantly flips into Astral Vision and takes in the feelings around him.

He orders a bottle of beer, and tries to blend in with the peaceful drinkers. He slowly observes and watches everyone else come in. He downs the first beer fairly quickly and decides to order one of the "special" beer they may have. This one he'll drink slowly as he takes in the atmosphere.
Crystalmonkey
Pft, figures he wouldn't be here on time. If what I found is true, I suppose I'll just have to wait a few minutes.

After glancing around subtly at the patrons, Kevin steps outside for a brief moment to make sure his commlink is set to hidden before entering and decides to try and fit in.

Glad I checked, better safe than sorry after all.

After looking around, he spots a troll sitting alone drinking a beer and figures he might as well make some small talk while waiting for The Suit.

"Hi there, my name's Kevin. Mind if I sit here?"
warrior_allanon
Parking the Harley outside the club Wolfgar watched the goings on of the area for a moment before locking his helmet on the bike's backrest and walking inside. Once inside he lets his eyes adjust to the dimness of the bar before walking over to the bar and sitting down.
Rokur
"Free world, Kevin, free world." He looks the half-orc over and turns back to his drinking. He asks for some pretsoys and places the bowl next to the "big human" as an offer. Otherwise, the Troll sits patiently scanning the crowd waiting to see some cybered hombres, some "pretty faces", or some other strangers in the shadows.
Crystalmonkey
Hey, free pretsoys, sweet.

After eating a few of the pretsoys, Kevin turns to the troll and says:

"Thanks for the pretsoys. So, what's your name?"
Rokur
"I have many names, but my friends call me Krum."
GingerKid
JuJu parks his scoot in front of Paradise O. After activating the stock antitheft system, he strolls into the club.

Of course he's not here yet, that would be too much to ask for, for the Suit to be early.

JuJu strolls to the opposite end of the bar and orders himself a club soda. He takes a sip then wonders to himself, I wonder what the place is like tonight. With that thought he switches his perception to the astral to get a feel for what is going on tonight at the O.
DireRadiant
Des idly keeps a hand on the steering wheel as the Comet approaches a parking space, but his focus is elsewhere.

Should be a standard meet, but better run through the checklist.

//?mode
-Passive
//Owl:- continuous Scan, Stealth and ECCM. Reboot if there is any intrusion.
//Peregrine:- Remote Standby Mode, Ping me every 5 minutes
//Kestrel:- Remote Standby Mode, Ping me every 5 minutes
//SB-Micro JSDF87790HPH88797SH:- Remote Standby Mode
//Peregrine:- Activate Instruction Set Omega

Need to Name the microskimmer soon, but first, it must be blooded.

//Peregrine/@DES:Standby Mode ON
//Peregrine/@DES:Ping
//Peregrine/@DES:Omega ON
//Peregrine:- Ping Acknowledged
//Kestrel/@DES:Standby Mode ON
//Kestrel/@DES:Ping
//Kestrel:- Ping Acknowledged
//SB-Micro JSDF87790HPH88797SH/@DES:Standby Mode ON
//Owl:5 Minute Omega Timer countdown cycle, alert me and reset Omega Timer

The Comet parks itself, and Des grabs the microskimmer from the passenger seat and slides it under the Comet as he steps out. Reviewing his internal map takes a brief moment after which he starts walking the couple of blocks to the Paradise O.

Follow the little blue ARO bird, he knows the way to Paradise O!

Reaching the club a few minutes before the scheduled meet time, Des immediately walks up to the bar and scans the room, obviously looking for someone.

When approached by Paradise O staff, Des asks quietly, "The Suit?"
Bearclaw
Hunter pulls into the parking garage a half block away from Paradise O after tipping the "security guard" and extra 20 to make sure his stuff stays "secure". He drops his helmet on the seat, makes sure the saddle bags are secure, the guns safe and dry in their "scabbards" just like the cowboys used to use, slides his shades over his eyes and heads out over to the bar.
Once inside, he swipes the rain off his head, looks around a bit, and tries to decide whether he's meeting with the people at the pool table or the guys down at the booth. Either way, he thinks to himself, it looks like I'll be drinking real beer tonight.
He heads over to the bar and asks for "The Suit". Hearing the Amerind behind him ask for the same guy at the same time brought a smile to Hunters face. After the bartender says "He's not here", Hunter turns, smiles and says "Looks like we're waiting for the same guy. Wanna beer?"
DireRadiant
Muscles are so obvious.

Des shakes his head briefly, tilting his head back slightly to present his mirror shades at an angle to show a reflection of the person addressing him. Slowly he answers, "No thank you."

If this wasn't the initial meet for a job, this would be really frustrating. But then again, it might not be a bad idea to treat these like an exchange. Should have a camera so I can could feed this tusker as a primary target to the skimmer. Which gives me an idea.

"Perhaps afterwards."

//SB-Micro JSDF87790HPH88797SH:- Rename. Buzzard
//Peregrine:- Subscribe SB-Micro JSDF87790HPH88797SH, Alias Buzzard
//Kestrel:- Subscribe SB-Micro JSDF87790HPH88797SH, Alias Buzzard
BishopMcQ
Snakes hiss as Maggie Mae drops the bowl of pretsoys in front of Krum. She moves further down the bar pouring beers and taking every request as a personal insult. An asian male in his early thirties murmurs a quiet drink order and is served without a single scathing comment and almost a hint of polite civility.

When questioned about the Suit, the bartender shouts in octaves that most opera singers would have trouble hitting. "Am I his personal secretary? Do I look like I keep track of every bum who comes in here? Gurth, where were you last night? These guys think I'm supposed to keep track of every person in the bar."

The young orc playing pool shrugs, "Umm, I was here Maggie."

Not paying any attention to the response, the fiery bartender is already laying into someone else further down the bar who was making a special request.

At five minutes past Nine, an elf in a tres chic suit makes a clear line from the door to an empty booth. The Suit in a cleanly pressed Vashon suit makes small nods to various patrons but doesn't say anything.

Once your team has sat down, he begins.

"I have a package that I need picked up in Everett and delivered to Tacoma. Courier fees will be assessed at 5k each. The package is non-organic, non-toxic and weighing approximately ten kilos. Do you accept?"
Rokur
Krum smiles stupidly right back at the hissing snake hair, and chews loudly on his first pretsoy right in fornt of them.

After listening to the Suit he stands there holding his chin pretending to be in deep thought.

"Accepted, sounds easy enough." Krum sits back and drinks his beer a little dissapointed. Man, I hope we see some resistance, I haven't gotten into a scrap in a while. "So when and where are pick-up and delivery? Is it fragile?" He then turns to the team and asks, "And any of you the driver and can give me a lift home?" He smiles his best tusky grin. Gonna be a walk in the park, I wonder if the Burce Lee movie is on tonight....
Crystalmonkey
Eh, if it all goes to hell I can bail.

"Sure, why not."
warrior_allanon
Wolfgar nods an affirmation to the agreement and listens quietly as the troll starts to ask questions. hmm at least one semi-proffessional, he at least knows the right questions to ask. then as the troll finishes his questions wolfgar adds, "and what is its dimensions?"
Bearclaw
Hunter smiles. 5K, for a package delivery? That's gotta mean a fight.
"Cerified credstick, right?" He winks at The Suit.
"I'm in, but I've got questions.
What is our expected opposition? It must be pretty serious if you're willing to pay that kind of money.
Can we get a "discretionary fund" for expendables?
Is there a backup destination, in case the primary becomes too hot?
I guess that covers me."
DireRadiant
Des after joining the others at the table and hearing the proposal simply nods affirmatively, "I'm in." As the others chatter his head does not track around, but remains fixed as if he's looking across the table at a unwavering fixed point.

Five thousand for a 10 kilo package!

//RouteMap:- Everett to Tacoma

60 miles. I 5, and then West on I 705. 10 kilos, Peregrine could run it over the Sound, Everett Docks to Tacoma Container port. Could drive, fly or run a boat. There must be a huge problem with the pickup point or delivery, or both to need this crew. Standard rates, package probably runs around half a million or more for someone.

Hmm, what was everyone saying?
GingerKid
JuJu barely has time to sit down before the job description comes out. Good, straight to the point, but something feels off. It seems too easy for the amount offered, which means something has been left out. Still, the money is good. "I'm in. Although I'm curious, will the people we pick the package up from in Everett willingly part with it?"
BishopMcQ
"Within 48 hours, no, 90 cm by 60 by 10, yes, varied, no, no, and no.

"If you will excuse me gentlemen, this is not the best location to be discussing such matters. I trust that you will be able to accomplish the necessary tasks to see successful resolution."

Rising from the table, The Suit reaches into his coat and hands each of you a thin certified stick.

"Thank you gentlemen, I look forward to hearing of your success."

Juju
As The Suit rises, there is an incoming transmission on your commlink. A secure data file from The Suit.
DireRadiant
That last answer is the killer.
When and Where, 48 hours
Fragile, no
Dimensions, 90 x 60 x 10
Certified, yes
Opposition, varied which means yes
Discretionary funds = no, and especially not with 5 k payout
backup drop, no limits our choices here
Willing to part....

Des rises politely as The Suit stands, and waits for the others, standing relaxed and not looking at anything in particular.

//Kestrel/@DES:Ping
//Kestrel:- Ping Acknowledged
//Peregrine/@DES:Ping
//Peregrine:- Ping Acknowledged
GingerKid
So much for a simple delivery...Ah, what's this? JuJu accepts the data file and opens it. Speaking to the others at the table "Gentlemen, shall we retire to a more private location to discuss details?"
BishopMcQ
JuJu
The file downloads into the virtual memory you allot to it and unfolds. It details the pickup and dropoff locations with what information was given to The Suit by the buyer about possible security.
Crystalmonkey
"Just tell me where to be and we'll start planning."
Rokur
"feel free to stop on by my place if u like. It's small, in a poor neighborhood, but there's rarely anyone bothering me. Plus, this way I get a ride home!" Krum pounds his beer, stands to leave, and stretches a bit sobering up.
warrior_allanon
If its all the same, i say we go directly there, this way we all know the specifics before we break for the night
GingerKid
Speaking to Krum, "I believe your place will do nicely. Unfortunately my vehicle will not accommodate one of your stature." Standing and speaking to everyone JuJu says, "And I agree we should go over this tonight. With the limited time frame, some of us may want to do some preliminary work tonight."
Rokur
"Swell, here's where's my pad be........ Meet me there, looks like I'm going to be taking the bus back." He turns on his commlink and goes into hidden and starts to look up the bus schedule. He catches Maggie Mae's attention and orders another beer before the bus gets here.

Dumb Krum, DUMB! oh yea, back to my place.... don't even get a ride.... stupid team... I should go do this myself.... but I don't even know where to go yet."
DireRadiant
Des swivels his head to focus on the troll, then tilts his head to look up, "You'll have to sit in back." He glances around at everyone else, then heads for the exit.

//Buzzard:- Active Mode
//Buzzard:- Acquire Target < incoming data stream <large humanoid <dimensions of a troll male.

//Owl:- warm up the car.

I'll need to get Kestrel in range as soon as we get out of the high security zones, better check where on the route we can be intercepted.

Crystalmonkey
"I'll come with you Krum, I don't have a ride either."

Kevin turned as he said this to look at the disgruntled troll.

"You got matrix access at your place?"
Rokur
"matrix access..... yea.... umm... I got this!" He waves his commlink in his hand, "and it works at home too, so... matrix access?"

Krum needs appreciative at the now known driver. "Don't worry, I won't hurt your car. Right now, he's my friend too" Krum smiles now and nods again at Des.
DireRadiant
Des nods, "That's it though, I can only take the two of you." With that he heads out to the waiting Comet.
GingerKid
JuJu heads out to his scoot and motors off to Krum's house. Upon ariving, he decides to peruse the file the Suit gave him.
warrior_allanon
With everything decided Wolfgar walks out to his bike and settles the helmet on his head as he climbs on the Harley. Watching the scoot pull out of the parking lot Wolfgar motors after it, following it in an obvious manner.
Rokur
Krum follows DES and into the comet. Making sure to look at how big the trunk space is in the car. And then, taking the time to get himself in fully without messing nothing up. Stupid comet, Stupid Krum.... first troll ever in a comet. Stupid Comet!
DireRadiant
Des reaches under the Comet, grabs a floating hover disk, and tosses it under his driver seat. He sits, and waits till everyone is in and seated before driving off to the location given.

//Buzzard:- Designate Target 1 : metahuman in Comet Rear Seat
//Buzzard:- Acquire Target 2 : metahuman in Comet Passenger seat.
//Kestrel:- Active Mode
//Kestrel:- Intercept Buzzard, range 350 M, Location 1231.123123, 45323.42334
//Owl: active scan please
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012