Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Infiltration, Shadowing, and Vehicles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abschalten
I was looking through the skills as I was creating this cool character concept I had (ex-Mossad drone rigger with a heavy emphasis on surveillance), and I noticed that the skill Infiltration can be specialized for Vehicles.

Typically Infiltration is linked to Agility, but if you were using a drone to sneak around, what would you use for your dice pool, since you're not PHYSICALLY trying to Infiltrate?

The same for Shadowing. If I were trying to use my drone to follow somebody without being spotted, how would I go about doing that?

Also (didn't want to make a seperate thread), is the Command program meant to be a panacea for every device you'd ever need to use it on, or do you need a Command program for a specific item? I wasn't too clear on that after looking through the rules.

Thanks in advance.
Brahm
The way the book is written you would use Agility. However if you made the logical leap to using a mental attribute in place of the physical one you would use the chart on page 184 to translate that to Logic.
MaxHunter
... or do as we do and use Intuition instead.

Abschalten
QUOTE (MaxHunter @ Jan 27 2006, 04:08 PM)
... or do as we do and use Intuition instead.

I could arguably do that with Intuition, even though I hesitate to call it a Physical skill if I'm doing it with a drone. But I have a harder time trying to justify doing it with Infiltration, which uses Agility.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012